Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Thunderbolt Scale? Y/n?

throwaawy

Question

i ask because on the wiki it says thunderbolt is capped at 250dmg after one patch, then says that it doesnt scale with mods or weapon dmg since a later one... but at no point does it list a set damage. some forum posts seem to agree with this

i was in a discussion with a friend about this so i started taking screenshots and got this:

HVrILkF.jpg

that's a picture of me shooting at the stairs just below a corpus crewman on orias, europa

as you can (sorta) see from the pic the explosion itself is dealing 312 damage to the shields, then 88 to the crewman himself.

that's a suspiciously round number of 400, so my question is thus:

1) does thunderbolt have 250 dmg and scale?

or

2) does thunderbolt have a flat damage that does not scale, but does increase with rank?

10 answers to this question

I thought it was a flat 250 blast damage. The damage of the arrow is calculated first and then the thunderbolt blast damage. Did your weapon have 150 damage by any chance? However...

The wiki says as of U10, it could be between 312 - 625 damage. So, idk. 

to answer your questsions

1) it does not scale, it is always a flat 250 damage

2) it will do that 250 damage on top of the damage of your arrow

3) the 250 damage is, of course, susceptible to resistances, and will not always do the full 250 damage

but that's the thing, i could understand it being less so, but why is it dealing more than 250 dmg?

and the arrow didnt even hit him. i was aiming at the floor.

I thought it was a flat 250 blast damage. The damage of the arrow is calculated first and then the thunderbolt blast damage. Did your weapon have 150 damage by any chance? However...

The wiki says as of U10, it could be between 312 - 625 damage. So, idk. 

is it completely random or based on rank?

Edited by throwaawy

Thunderbolt, at max rank, applies a 250 damage AOE explosion centered on the point of impact after the damage of the arrow itself is calculated.

There's any number of ways you could get the numbers shown.  250 * 2 from head, crit, Primed, or Roared hit, then -20% for an Eximus unit's resistance to blast damage seem most likely.