Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On Boltor Prime Build

tennoninjahunter

Question

bPPYeiY.jpg

97boOJx.jpg

Hg0DXR9.jpg

S9IZrGE.jpg

Can u guys help me out with my build? I'm gonna max out my heavy caliber so no worries about that.

I use Bane of (faction) to kill specific factions, it does deal more damage that way, right?

I only use the Infested setup when I'm going in ODA though, I was wondering if Bane of Infested deals the 30% to lephantis? since it has grineer and corpus head on it?  does it only deal the extra 30% to the infested head? 

Can anyone confirm? thanks alot

Edit: the corrosive & heat setup is my void build

Edited by tennoninjahunter

11 answers to this question

Personally I'd use a punch through mod (shred) instead of bane on the BP.

I should sleep >.>. Should have said I'd put shred on somehow.  Maybe remove one of the event mods that only provide 60% more ele damage when you already have 270% to fit the shred.

or take off the 90% if you want to keep the 60% to push a certain elemental type further.

o.w. looks fine i guess. shred is optional

Edited by Quizel

my boltor prime has 4 elements + heavy caliber + serration + split chamber and then also wildfire for larger clip size.

But i dont understand why you have four different pictures?

just use 1 build for everything, not worth it to switch every time.

If you have the electric dual status mod, I would build for 300% corrosive + 90% cold for the void. The damage bonus against gunners from fire is negligible compared to cold. Cold gets bonus against shields and lancers which also will be hard to kill in later levels.

Unless you use 4x corrosive projection auras in the squad, then use Viral+Fire. Same against the grineer.

If you don't have the electric dual status mod, use Speed Trigger instead. You could do that anyway, replacing the cold mod with it.

Those builds all look fine to me. Personally, I like using Shred and find it to be an invaluable mod on the Boltor Prime, the fire rate does nice with its on-paper dps, and, unlike Speed Trigger, doesn't make it run through its magazine too quickly.

Shred could easily replace "Bane of _____" on most of your builds, or Malignant Force/Thermite Rounds on your Void build. Some people like Cold instead of Heat, but imo it's more up to personal preference than anything else.

-snip-

It's the optimal way to mod for damage. If you do anything else you're just not getting the maximum output from your weapons, whatever they are. I have a standard damage set, mind you (Corrosive + Blast is my favorite combo by far) but if you're looking to do anything endgame or higher-level T4, you'll want to have a mod set up for the faction you're fighting.

Shred could easily replace "Bane of _____" on most of your builds, or Malignant Force/Thermite Rounds on your Void build. Some people like Cold instead of Heat, but imo it's more up to personal preference than anything else.

I thought the same thing initially about removing bane for shred (notice the strike through on my post >.>) but the 30% more dmg of damage types you want to max out using bane far better than 16-24% you'd see adding another elemental mod.

As in keep bane but figure out something else to remove to get shred in was my comment :D.

Edited by Quizel

I personally also like shred a lot on the boltor prime, especially in the void and against infested. Your void build is quite interesting though, I bet your DPS against heavy gunners is pretty impressive. I would highly advise shred for infested though.

Thanks for the replies I'm gonna need sometime to read through, but i noticed some of u recommend cold instead of heat for void,it was my previous build until I saw the video by Mogamu in youtube recommending heat, for my situation, shields aren't a problem even till 60min. in T4 survival, my main considerations are the heavy gunners and ancients, corrosive +heat deals more dmg to gunners compared to cold.

However, for the other recommendations, I'm gonna continue to read ur replies later on, I'mma go out now.

Thanks for the suggestions , I appreciate them a lot.

My factions builds are exactly like yours (other than maxxing out HCal).

corrosive +heat deals more dmg to gunners compared to cold.

For Void, I would for SURE swap Thermite Rounds to High Voltage, and would probably go with Cryo over Hellfire. Absolutely hands down 60% more Corrosive is better than 60% heat. 

The argument for Heat damage is it does +1-1.5% more damage to Heavy Gunners than Cold damage. However Cold damage does ~9% more to shields and ~5-6% more to Lancers. IMO that's a better damage distribution.

If you're lacking the HV event mod, your setup works pretty well. The other option is to drop TR for Shred or ST, but I prefer damage/shot over RoF for ammo economy.

Also, the biggest argument for Cryo Rounds in a Void build for the Boltor Prime is that it lets you save a forma and keep the D polarity. Seeing as how you've already removed it, that particular benefit is lost to you.

Some people love Shred. I'm not one of them - I think the native knockback is enough. I'm also not a fan of increasing RoF - proportionally less sustained dps and higher ammo consumption.

Seeing as how you've already removed it

Yea i removed the D on my 2nd forma i think,bcoz it gives me more flexibility. for increase dps per bullet to more targets i should replace TR with shred i guess?

I personally also like shred a lot on the boltor prime, especially in the void and against infested. Your void build is quite interesting though, I bet your DPS against heavy gunners is pretty impressive. I would highly advise shred for infested though.

Well as i said, my infested build is for lephantis only so i dont really need shred. unless if shred can hit lephantis even if his mouth is closed?

(Corrosive + Blast is my favorite combo by far)

I hate using blast on my rifles, if the blast procs on my 1st bullet, my following bullets will miss so i dont like it, for shotguns/melee and all those , depends on situation yea

The damage bonus against gunners from fire is negligible compared to cold. 

What do u mean negligible? is it because of the armor?

just use 1 build for everything, not worth it to switch every time.

I used to have a general build like what u suggested,I didnt care bout mod build A,B,C but at some point it seems not fun.Specific builds help me kills boss faster and survive easier to longer time frame. now I actually want DE to give a extra mod setup , instead of 3, give me 4.

BTW, can anyone confirm that Bane of infested works on all 3 heads of lephantis? I assume yes bcoz they turned to infested?

What do u mean negligible? is it because of the armor?

Yeah, both Fire and Cold are fully mitigated by armor so the benefit is minimal. As I stated, Fire adds around 1-1.5% damage as opposed to using Cold - it's not statistically significant.