Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Exclusive Primes - Instead Of Obsidian Items

(PSN)Lord_Gremlin

That would NOT be fair. 

You can't not give PC players something as important as prime gear, they helped fund the game, without them, especially the founders, the game wouldn't even exist as it is now, let alone ever be released on PS4. 

The founders stuff was marked as exclusive, forever. People could legally sue DE if they released them as it could be considered fraud. 

Every single weapon that has ever been released has teh chance of being re-released on the console versions of the game with the exception of the founders gear and the braton/lato vandel (for the time being these two vandels are exclusive to the closed beta, that could change in a year or two). 

You make an excellent point. What if instead of the founders gear, or any other prime exclusives, PS4 got an obisidan excalibur, skana and lato. They would have the same stats as the prime versions and give mastery. But look different. This way PS4 users get the mastery and their own exclusives like PC has founders. 

Xbox one users could get a similar package in the future. 

The concept of an Obsidian Excalibur, Skana and Lato are kind of the right direction.  However I'm not sure I want it to be simply a black and blue Excalibur, Skana and Lato.  

That would NOT be fair. 

You can't not give PC players something as important as prime gear, they helped fund the game, without them, especially the founders, the game wouldn't even exist as it is now, let alone ever be released on PS4. 

The founders stuff was marked as exclusive, forever. People could legally sue DE if they released them as it could be considered fraud. 

Every single weapon that has ever been released has teh chance of being re-released on the console versions of the game with the exception of the founders gear and the braton/lato vandel (for the time being these two vandels are exclusive to the closed beta, that could change in a year or two). 

u say it's not fair, but neither is for the ps4/xone. it's perfectly fair. pc gets exclusive warframe, weapons and S#&$, so should ps4. or ur into the whole "console peasants" thing? funny thing is, if i remember correctly, DE makes more money on ps4 than on pc....

The founders exclusives were literally the first exclusives in the game.  DE made them exclusive before they had any real experience with how players think about exclusives.  

I sincerely doubt that they'd want to go through that experience with another set of primes, especially after a long history of putting new primes into void and prime access packs.  I also doubt that they'd be interested in going to all the trouble of creating new assets for prime versions and only monetize them on one platform.

Obsidian versions (not just cosmetics) are the really only viable option here since there is precedent for them and they wouldn't be nearly as divisive when they are released.

Honestly, an obsidian version would be a good idea. I was saying that ps4 should get some exclusives. The name of the exclusive really doesn't matter that much.

Just thought I would throw in my thoughts here. I don't think exclusive prime stuff should be a thing really as prime gear is released regularly on all platforms but I do like the idea of an obsidian set similar to how the PC had the exclusive Excalibur prime set. Now i'm not sure if it should be exactly the same so Obsidian Excalibur, Obsidian Lato and Obsidian Skana or a different obsidian version of a warframe and two obsidian weapon variants for variety's sake but if it stuck to the formula of a warframe and two weapons then it means that we would still have the same potential mastery points of the PC, in addition I think on Xbox one should have their own exclusively themed set as long as it falls into the same formula so all platforms have equal potential mastery.

I do think exclusive prime stuff is an absolute no go though because it's something every player expects now to release over time but I think an exclusively themed set wouldn't be so bad. As for how to acquire it, I think paying for it would be fine as PC did with the founders pack but maybe not for a limited amount of time as unlike the founders pack... well it's not a founders pack as such. Just my thoughts but there may be better ways about it.

One final thing is my suggestions for a potential set like this, I think an Obsidian Volt, Obsidian Bolto and Obsidian Dual Kama (or Single Kama) would be awesome.

i am for exclusives that offer the same amount of mastery points that the original founders pack offers, if it doesn't and its just skins, then thats not really worth the money, or fair to people who want the exclusives simply for more mastery points. i dont want to pay the extraordinary amount of real life money that a founder paid for just a skin, that doesnt give anything other than a cosmetic, its unfair.

if we continue down the route of Obsidian Skins/Frames, then i proprose that they get a complete rework design-wise(not just a re-color) and are the exact same items as the founder pack. so Obsidian Excalibur, Lato, and Skana,  that way we dont have any extras they cant obtain, and they dont have any we cant obtain(mastery wise at least). Xbox One should get their own versions of these also(rework design wise that reflects the color of their system). The recolor seems too lazy for the money, and it should be something awesome like the 1 year anniversary skin for Excailbur, something completely new and awesome looking...MAKE US HAPPY TO PURCHASE IT BRO'S!!

if we get our own Primes, then i agree with what another Tenno said earlier about releasing a Warframe that was realeased around the same time as the Game was on the current system. So Nekros for Ps4, Mirage for Xbox1. remember the weapons should ony be based off of the Tenno weapons list, not grineer, corpus, or infested. Ether Reaper and Soma would be a good idea if we are sticking with the idea of things that came out when the game arrived for us on the PS4. so Xbox1 could get those new dual pistols pictured with Mirage(cant remember the name), and maybe the Venka, or the new sword and shield.

if we get the Nekros Prime, i would buy it day one, absolutely, if they made him have a golden skull face.

also i think the founders packs might have exceeded the wallet amount for the ps4, so maybe take out the other extras, like design council(since they have been doing that anyway) and maybe a large part of the platinum or shirt/bandana.

thanks DE for listening to us.

:)

I'd go with Necros Prime for the PS4 (and I guess Mirage Prime for the Xbone, if they're going to each be different.)  Both are the newest frames when the games reached the platforms in question, and frames unlikely to have 'real' primes for everyone.

For weapons, maybe the Gremlins and one of the Hammers?

This suggestion I like the most - Necros and Mirage, being Excalibur equivalents for release of respective platforms. As for weapons, Necros came with Ether Reaper, currently obsolete weapon. Maybe Ether Reaper Prime on PS4? And Venka Prime on xbone. And PS4 version anniversary is a good date, although I'm not sure if they can do a new prime in 2-3 months. Then again it's basically creating a new model and skin, possibly only skin with minor alterations.

I'd be down with the idea of ps4 getting its own set of exclusive primes. It should be only one set though, and behave similarly to how the founders pack did.

The problem is that there is a gap of exclusives that can't be closed by releasing them all. Founder's pack legally cannot be released. Ever. End of story. As long as they have an exclusive, then I support the ps4's getting one as well. 

Fair enough. This is what it is about: PS4 version will not be brought on par by releasing same content. So let's pick different, equivalent content.

[Apologies, very tired, may word things poorly/typos incoming. I just want to get this out before this thread might get locked while asleep.]

No, no no no. Please no Prime Exclusives. Especially not for money.

Here's the thing: when the Founders donated, they didnt know PS4 launch would happen. They paid for Excalibur Prime for their PC game. By adding a PS4 exclusive Prime theres nothing being donated to. Nothing to reward. Its like Prime access, just PS4 only. There's a HUGE difference between these things. There's nothing to make 'fair', the situations differ too much to be considered unfair.

IF PS4 exclusives happen, make it cosmetics. Or new armor set, or something like that. And absolutely not for money. See point above.

I vote for Exclusive Primes, make it cash item just like Founder Items on PC. This way, PC players won't have a reason to complain

Also, the guy above my post - Respect brah

thanks man :)

i agree with your idea, only make these available through purchase.

No to any exclusives that aren't purely cosmetic. 

People to this day on PS4 and even PC complain about not having Excalibur Prime and the other two primed exclusives. Introducing a set of Prime exclusives for another console now doubles that complaining. Now you have PC members complaining about not haxing X, Y, and Z Prime, and if you make it a temporary purchase, now you have PS4 players complaining about missing the window or not having the money for X, Y, and Z Prime. 

Suggesting exclusives for the sake of having them SOLELY for exclusivity is a terrible idea.

The sentiment I get from this topic is "I want a way to get back at PC for not having a chance to have Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime." This widens the gap considerably, not only between platforms, but also within platforms. 

The problem is not that PS4 doesn't have Primed Exclusives, it's that the Obsidian Set, as it is, is in need of a drastic and complete overhaul, which is somewhat of a different topic. 

I liked the idea of Obsidian Excalibur, Lato, and Skana.... but not Obsidian as it is now, kinda looks lame and I don't even want it as an exclusive

A good example of an Obsidian pack that is similar to the founders pack would be an Excalibur with a new helmet, themed colors, and the glowing line like the one on your PS4 running on your whole frame taking the color of your energy would be something that makes Obsidian more of an exclusive....

Another thing to note is, PC has exclusive cosmetics more than PS4 and sorta a Warframe and 2 weapons, so PS4 as it is will either stay behind or get exclusives that are on bar with PC exclusive.... don't see the problem of getting cool stuff like PC dose

(Just ideas, no argument intend)

Edited by (PS4)TD-TheTwins

At this point and time, I wish I could go back in time, back when games were simple, and were played for recreation, before the whole corporate money making saga developed, and things like limited, or exclusive ever existed.

Back when designers made games, and no one thought they owned something, just because they had a bigger bank account....

Frankly I wish I could just have my own frame, that I could make in some kind of character creation menu, my choice of Melee, Arms, Skills etc, that was unique to me, and not something that's there, just because.

Having something exclusive to one system or another is just bad from my point of view, as that's like saying I might as well spend more money to own more systems, just so I can get this or that, etc.

Frankly, things just need to get back to basics.

Let Designers pitch ideas, let players give opinions, and reach a common point, but lets not worry about what system should get what, or who deserves more etc.

Lets just focus on sharing it with everyone, and go from there.

I could care less for Prime Exclusives, as pretty much most of the stuff is equal in combat, if your going to make it Prime, make its stats 2x Stronger, not just look different in appearence.

Doubt I'll ever have Obsidian stuff, but in the end, whatever happens, happens....

Peace....

That would NOT be fair. 

You make an excellent point. What if instead of the founders gear, or any other prime exclusives, PS4 got an obisidan excalibur, skana and lato. They would have the same stats as the prime versions and give mastery. But look different. This way PS4 users get the mastery and their own exclusives like PC has founders. 

Xbox one users could get a similar package in the future.

I agree fully give the same packet but different look for said iteam

To be honest the obsidian was kind of a rip off becaus you could replicate the colors with the normal one and I bet they will do the same for Xbox only green. What would be cool is exclusive primes for the ps4 and Xbox one only both of them get the same. Possibly volt prime and an amprex prime and maby the serro . After reading through forums It seems like a lot of ps4 players also want volt and amprex and the serro which I would love. But it should defenatly be obtainable only with paying the full price. To be honest obsidian needs to go with the vast amount of colors we have acces to making something with set colors is just not worth it. It it was a change as big as the proto suit for all of them i wouldant mind. But it seems like their not doing that.

I feel we should get exclusive warframes not primes. So start from scratch and build specific platform frames that can only be obtained on ps4 xbox ons and pc. Because if its prime its basically a formad version of something we already have. Or more weapons would be nice we all know DE has over 100 prototypes waiting to be revealed

As with some people here I think this exclusive weapons or frames are a horrible idea. When referencing Excalibur prime it seems people are forgetting there are only a few of the original backers that got it. Its not like he is widespread. Adding on to that its not like I see people wandering around with regular Excalibur besides those who are new to the game and haven't gotten or leveled another frame up.

Truthfully...if you did get Excalibur prime would you even use him?

As with some people here I think this exclusive weapons or frames are a horrible idea. When referencing Excalibur prime it seems people are forgetting there are only a few of the original backers that got it. Its not like he is widespread. Adding on to that its not like I see people wandering around with regular Excalibur besides those who are new to the game and haven't gotten or leveled another frame up.

Truthfully...if you did get Excalibur prime would you even use him?

Excalibur is probably the best frame in the game for CC, IMO, have you ever seen the other side of the 1hr mark in T4 survival?

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

Maybe a varient of the Excalibur, as it is the 'spokesman' character from the game, but it would have to be something other than a prime. Also, people would get really annoyed if they saw their favorite frame become an exclusive to a console they don't play on. I know I would if Volt became a Prime exclusive on a console. But in terms of weapons, I think they could prime some of the kinda 'starter' weapons and do that. It's going to be a similar outcry if someone's favorite weapon became a Prime exclusive as well. I think the reason why some people weren't too annoyed about the original Founder's is because all of the stuff Primed were starter gear. Maybe a prime exclusive of the Kunai? Otherwise, it'd be more likely to see variants of current weapons than Prime versions that are exclusive.

Yeah, well, we got frustrated when we missed Excal Prime on PC.

Im a Founder myself and seeing Exc Prime on the PS4 whould be cool... on the other hand i see why the "migration" don´t copie  EXc Prime cause the other PS4 Tennos arn´t able to get it.

To topic

I think Xbone and PS4 should get they´re own version of Exc Prime or something similar with equal stats. I mean without being offensiv but the Exc Prime isn´t that much of an cosmetic difference.

So Bringing 2 more different versions is possible - but like the Founder Stuff 1 Rule: "You can olny buy this set and not receeve it ingame" 

Idk my a "Sons of the Founders Programm" ;)

Edited by (PS4)Knastcore