Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Exclusive Primes - Instead Of Obsidian Items

(PSN)Lord_Gremlin

Now, after having a word with [DE]Drew I've decided to bring this up with PS4 community.

Assume that both PS4 and Xbone will get a set of 3 exclusive primes, like PC got Excalibur, Lato and Skana prime. Which primes do you think should appear on PS4?

Also, are you ok with Obsidian series disappearing in favor of exclusive primes?

Do you find in acceptable if PS4 exclusive primes are time limited/real money only like founders primes on PC? Or if PS4 exclusive primes are released they must be permanently obtainable?

To clarify: PS4 exclusive items are happening. Would you people prefer PS4 exclusive primes or more of Obsidian stuff??

PC did not get exclusive anything. The founders whom made this game possible received exclusive item for the gamble they took in supporting the development of Warframe. It is so tiresome to keep hearing about they got this so I deserve something special. If you children need to feel special than you might want to crawl into bed with mommy. Earn you gear and be happy with what you get. Stop the whine.

PC did not get exclusive anything. The founders whom made this game possible received exclusive item for the gamble they took in supporting the development of Warframe. It is so tiresome to keep hearing about they got this so I deserve something special. If you children need to feel special than you might want to crawl into bed with mommy. Earn you gear and be happy with what you get. Stop the whine.

Get off your high horse. There was no gamble. This exclusive DLC was available up until 2 weeks before PS4 release, outside of any kickstarting or founding. Your argument is false and not valid. The fact that they decided to not offer it on PS4 to begin with is an insult in itself. Always with the lies about early founding.

The current situation is not acceptable. If you're willing to swallow that - well, good for you, keeping your standards low can be argued to be a virtue. I and many others are not willing to swallow that spit in our faces.

Keep Frames, Weapons, and Prime variants universal. However, I would not mind having exclusive cosmetics because their is no harm in having different looks. In all honesty though I would rather there be no exclusives period. Just look at how bad the community reaction was to Excal Prime never returning.

I totaly agree that Excalibur prime should remain exclusive but I think it's time that us console players get something after all acording to this article theirs 10 mill register users http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/warframe-update-14-hits-ps4-10-million-users-now-registered/

yes a prime like Necros, and give the other systems the skin, or a quest that offers the exp

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

Get off your high horse. There was no gamble. This exclusive DLC was available up until 2 weeks before PS4 release, outside of any kickstarting or founding. Your argument is false and not valid. The fact that they decided to not offer it on PS4 to begin with is an insult in itself. Always with the lies about early founding.

The current situation is not acceptable. If you're willing to swallow that - well, good for you, keeping your standards low can be argued to be a virtue. I and many others are not willing to swallow that spit in our faces.

+1, agreed also

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

Excaliber is my favorite frame, so my number one choice would be an Obsidian Excal. However, if this is too similar to the coveted Excaliber Prime, I would much rather exclusive prime items then obsidian items, my votes would be Nyx Prime or Zephyr Prime, prime throwing knives, and Ether Prime (to mirror the current PC exclusive frame, secondary, and melee)

As far as acquisition, I would rather not spend real money, but I'm not sure putting them behind the usual void wall is the correct move either. Exclusive items of such magnitude may be a good chance to really challenge the players. I propose that these items be released as part of a quest, event, or series of alerts with an extremely high difficulty level and high variance. Challenge me to do a lot of different things, and make me do them all very well, such items should be a badge of honor; they should symbolize a skilled player. I would hate for them to be a symbol that I am willing to play the same mission 100 times over.

i don´t see anybody whining. how about you stop flaming.

We just discuss a way to bring back the EX Prime or something similar. I foundet this game back in 2012 and srsly i dont want thoose specials to be back or optainable BUT! in case of Consolplayers and late pc starter - there will always be one Frame missing in the collection. So bringing something similar in case of stats whould be a cool thing.

I coudn´t migrate my Ex Prime i still like to have something like it on the PS4.

And making the Prime version of another existing frame exclusive to Consols would be stupid and defilnitly pi55 of PC players so no to that.

Maybe a Obsidian Exc with Exc Prime stats is the simplest way. So we founders don´t feel cheated and the new wave of players have the collection complete. 

Maybe in order to appease the PC crowd and also us , the console peons, DE could offer a Prime skins for Trinity, Carrier and Penta.

So, no additional mastery points will be gained from purchasing these with money and since these are skins, they cannot be farmed.

A Trinity Reskin could maybe have her without her helmet and dat lobster tail..

Saryn prime would have to be a prime worth getting. DE nerfs so many frames an update that they limit the way you can build frames. I say just give us parts and we will mix and match frames like its lego land. Throw in prime custom parts and you'll be making bank off people who want loki primes shouler bps. Then let is select power ods from the frame psrts equipped like the chasis would be the inner power mods, helmets would be foirst powers and legs would be mobility mods like superjump or bounce. We get extra frame mods like every second why not? It beats this exclusive rule

Honestly, what I think the game needs is an Excalibur Prime 2.0 that everyone has access to and looks different.

A lot of people remark that there isn't enough Prime Gold and stuff on the earlier Warframes.  An Excalibur Prime 2.0 would be a great opportunity to explore making Excalibur more Prime-y.

It would scratch that Excalibur Prime itch without being Excalibur Prime, and everyone with Excalibur Prime would also be able to get Excalibur Prime 2.0.  Heck, they'd even get a new Excalibur Prime 2.0 head to put on their old Excalibur Primes, for all those folks that think the original looks a little funny.

You do this, make and release Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime, and this issue could seriously be put to bed forever.

Say YES to Excalibur Prime 2.0!

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

Ok 3 types of arguments that are going on to sum them up.

They are

1. Flat no, bigger divide and cause more problems, yad yad cool with cosmetics.

2. Yes, but not excalibur as that is pc prime exclusive and they founded the game.

3. Obsidian excalibur, fills the gap and should not step on the toes of excalibur prime founders.

Here is the part that gets hassy pure cash or free and\or time exclusive or obtainable for all time.

For me the bottom part was answered the second this is to take the place of the pc founders pack.

My opinion is this limited time only and different size packs one for the set and one to be ps4 group like founders. This mean cash as countless times I said dont do the event with a big update to get a bigger say with respect to the ps4. I am a rank 15 half way to 16 and I know that at this point at this high of lvl the mastery matter very little to a lot. All the higher lvls know what I mean missing that one hurts but does not mean alot till it means the next rank.

So 1,2, or 3 it does not matter to me just give me the last part if it happens.

I would like to see a PS4 exclusive prime. It would allow the ps4 community to be on par with the pc community as far as mastery. Personally this is the only reason I would even want excel prime at all.

I doub you already hit mastery Rank Cap, so this is not a valid reason. You probably missed a ton of Event weapons as well as Beta Exclusives like Braton Vandal.

You also should not compare PS4 Mastery with PC cause you will never play together so there is no reason why the Mastery Rank of PC players is in any way important for a PS4 player.

Bringing another exclusive Frame will just causing more problems. Giving a "new" Exc to all Platforms is the best way to fix this. 

You all should keep in mind - thanks to the Founders Warframe is still here got 14 major updates und will soon be on both Next gen Consoles. So there is a reason why they are the only "group" of Warframe players with something exclusive.

A new Excalibur as compensate for those that want a "better" Excalibur or a fully Frame collection is ok more exclusiv just make the situation worse

i mean there is no valid reason PS players should get any exclusive fram at all same goes for Xbox neither need the PC a second exclusive 

Honestly, what I think the game needs is an Excalibur Prime 2.0 that everyone has access to and looks different.

A lot of people remark that there isn't enough Prime Gold and stuff on the earlier Warframes.  An Excalibur Prime 2.0 would be a great opportunity to explore making Excalibur more Prime-y.

It would scratch that Excalibur Prime itch without being Excalibur Prime, and everyone with Excalibur Prime would also be able to get Excalibur Prime 2.0.  Heck, they'd even get a new Excalibur Prime 2.0 head to put on their old Excalibur Primes, for all those folks that think the original looks a little funny.

You do this, make and release Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime, and this issue could seriously be put to bed forever.

Say YES to Excalibur Prime 2.0!

this is good idea. i think it would solve the problem for a lot of console users. getting the mastery points, and actually getting the excalibur prime frame. the only thing i might change is just making the lato and skana a 2.0 version instead of creating the dual version...because those down the road will most likely come out anyway.

At this point some input from DE would be appreicated - see, so far there are 2 main opinions: new PS4 exclusive prime like Necros Prime and 2 weapons, or different versions of PC exclusives - with new models etc.

As far as I could understand DE are dead set on never creating any other versions of Excalibur and thus keeping console versions forever inferior by design in that aspect. I agree that "Excalibur Prime 2.0" is a better long-term solution, but to my understanding DE is not gonna make it fair. So Nekros Prime sounds like more reasonable suggestion. Unless that has changed and they are now open to suggestions about Obsidian/Dragon/Dex Excalibur with unique model and separate mastery/Excalibur Prime stats.

I am also of the opinion that the idea of doing a reskinned Excalibur or something along those lines would probably be a good idea. It would help to bring all the platforms in line for mastery purposes. The only thing that I would say is that all the Obsidian skins so far have been completely underwhelming and replicable with the correct color pallettes. Something unique looking would be very nice. This would also help in the endless bickering happening between the PS4 and PC players.

As far as the Founder's pack is concerned, it was available up until 2 weeks before PS4 release. The PS4 release was planned LONG before the "founders" paid our way. Personally, I don't care too much, but I'd love to see an end to the pointless debates and this would go a long way to solve the bickering and make PS4 players feel a little love.

My two cents:

I would love to have an exclusive prime (especially Nekros lol), but I don't see it working.

People are going to argue no matter what outcome happens. Yes PC had the founders exclusive, but think of that as a kick starter project. Awesome perks for bring there on the ground floor not fully knowing if it was going to really pay off.

I am a PS4 only player and love the game. The biggest issues I see though are people on PS4 complaining about how far behind we are compared to PC. Hopefully that can be remedied soon, but that doesn't seem likely.

Why not offer said Prime Access (Nekros, weapon and maybe some cool kubrow gear??) to PS4 users first? So rather than the whole set being exclusive, maybe just the release?

That way we get a cool new frame and gear to mess around with, and down the line (maybe a month or two?) Let PC users have it.

I'm sure my suggestionhas holes and flaws, but as far as keeping things fair, I think this could work.

Basically i look at it like this.  We are missing a frame.  I would actually like to see something totally different for ps4.  PC got Excalibur Prime.  I think and only if DE can see you logged in within the first 2 weeks of warframe on ps4 you would be considered a founder on ps4 and a totally new prime just for ps4 be released.  I also think that Xbox if they log in during the beginning will have access to a unique frame of there own.  This of course should be paid for as the original founders did with the PC.  It would not be fair to give us something so exclusive without paying for it.  They could even incorporate playstation trophy colors into the frame like gold, platinum, and bronze and finish it off with black and white or blue.  But make it to where you can change the colors to what you want it if you dont like it just like the primes we have now.  Xbox could have some variant of green and there colors.  But these are just ideas and opinions.  But i do think since we are shy a frame we should get a frame.  And i think if you buy the frame you should get a unique quest to save or meet him to join your ranks of tenno.  Im just throwing an idea to DE maybe they can use some of them.  In any case I love warframe and have found it to be my favourite game despite all the other ps4 games i own or have bought.  And even if we dont get a prime im here for the duration, and i thank them for all that they have brought to us, and i am thankful to the founders as well for helping to fund this game.  Thankyou!

Keith 

I doub you already hit mastery Rank Cap, so this is not a valid reason. You probably missed a ton of Event weapons as well as Beta Exclusives like Braton Vandal.

You also should not compare PS4 Mastery with PC cause you will never play together so there is no reason why the Mastery Rank of PC players is in any way important for a PS4 player.

Bringing another exclusive Frame will just causing more problems. Giving a "new" Exc to all Platforms is the best way to fix this. 

You all should keep in mind - thanks to the Founders Warframe is still here got 14 major updates und will soon be on both Next gen Consoles. So there is a reason why they are the only "group" of Warframe players with something exclusive.

A new Excalibur as compensate for those that want a "better" Excalibur or a fully Frame collection is ok more exclusiv just make the situation worse

i mean there is no valid reason PS players should get any exclusive fram at all same goes for Xbox neither need the PC a second exclusive 

Your argument is not valid. 

First of all, quit acting like founders paid for the game in its infancy. They didn't. The founders program ended only a few weeks before the ps4 release. The game had already had a lot of updates and improved content. 

Second of all, there is a reason we should get an exclusive modification of an existing frame. Pc has one of their own. Now it is time for us to get our own exclusive. We support this game just as much as pc players. The fact that they get a much better update system and a ton of exclusive items is ridiculous. There is no reason why this game should not have equality of content. I realize Excal prime is locked forever, but a modification on the excal warframe needs to happen. And not just a skin for Excal either. It needs to be its own warframe. The proto-armor has proven that skins are not a sufficient exclusive (time based or otherwise). 

To the Whole-"More exclusives just make things worse" argument

The problem is pc has exclusives. Ps4 has some poorly designed skins. Pc has not only founder's exclusives, but a lot of other stuff. (As to the "Event weapons/Vault Weapons/Event mods will be released later" argument- It took them half a year to implement the cicero mods. We still haven't seen the re-release of any wraith/vandal event weapons (Pova Vandal doesn't count as it was never awarded). I'll believe they will be released once a better system then the current one is implemented for the releasee of these weapons.) To even the playing field, we should get our own exclusive pack. Solving the problem the common sense way is out of the question, and leaving an imbalance will not help DE in the long run. Many people already are fed up with ps4 warframe because of the late updates. Refusing to give them an exclusive pack just because the precious, golden-child pc community won't be able to get it will push them toward other games, such as destiny. This isn't a threat to abandon the game, just a fact. Ps4's content base is expanding rapidly, and if warframe wants to keep up some things will have to change. 

Edited by (PS4)deathfrombelow5