The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Causes My Pc To Shut Down

HideorEscape

Since the latest updates/hot fixes, Warframe causes my pc to shut down. First it freezes, becomes unresponsive and suddenly my pc shuts down. It happened many many times and today it happened again! (in Dojo and Liset ship)

Moist likely it eats all the RAM, uses too much, overloads and causes my computer to shut down suddenly.

Before ~U14.1.0 I didn't have this problem.

I don't have any problem with my pc, it works fine, every games works.

Something is wrong with the latest updates.

to rule it out, i'd run some benchmarking tests of various kinds for a while and see if they also cause your machine to shut off.

if so, it's probably critically overheating. checking that fans haven't died(and are in clean working condition), that heatsinks are attached firmly, that enough fresh air is coming into the machine to keep it from melting, Et Cetera.

if you have dust filters on your intakes / exhausts it may be a good idea to check if they look like a shaggy closet monster.

Moist likely it eats all the RAM, uses too much, overloads and causes my computer to shut down suddenly.

Warframe isn't built like a Virus, that shouldn't be the case. Windows will prioritize it's critical core components before accessory Applications.

at worst, using every available Megabyte of Memory would only make the machine perform very very slowly.

Edit:

oh. freezing then shutdown. probably isn't heat then. (always grand how a single word can completely change the English language)

i'd still run other things and see if you can reproduce this or if it's only Warframe that does this. if so, i'd talk with Support.

Edited by taiiat

Since the latest updates/hot fixes, Warframe causes my pc to shut down. First it freezes, becomes unresponsive and suddenly my pc shuts down. It happened many many times and today it happened again! (in Dojo and Liset ship)

I don't have any problem with my pc, it works fine, every games works.

Something is wrong with the latest updates.

You should provide more details.

What are your system specs?

What are your system temps like?

Have you defragged your HDD using an actual defrag program?

What settings do you run warframe at?

Video Driver revision?

etc. etc.

This isn't really how RAM works.

You can run over the amount of RAM your system has available. Windows will move least used data from RAM to a location on your hard drive called the page file. The only problem you'll run into is if you request that data, it's immensely slower than retrieving it off of RAM directly. Your gameplay performance will suffer, but the game should still function.

IF you've turned off the virtual memory in your OS, you might have issues with full RAM. Failing that, your RAM should be fine unless it is faulty.

If your PC is shutting itself down, it may be a heat problem with the GPU/CPU. try running speedfan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php and make sure your system is fine.

It also has a section that will read your HDD S.M.A.R.T data, if your HDD is getting old and forgetful, it can tell you in that panel.

Also, submit your EE.Log to support. They can help you pinpoint problems.