Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7.7.3: The Day Defense Died

Namacyst

New defense maps suck!

Old "new" Corpus defense map was a blast! It kept me playing because it was fun getting rushed fast and in numbers. I just played defense to kill mobs.. alot of them.

Now.. with all those overly huge S#&$ maps that are chosen random it's not fun. There is no sense of danger.. just small groups of mobs coming one by one, taking ages to reach the pod and it's BORING! It's not defense... it's waiting... endless waiting because the AI is $&*&*#(%& on those big maps.

Either remove those big maps for defense and use them for something else or let us choose which map to play when picking defense so we can avoid that new crap and play the old, cool map again.

Thanks for your effort but the maps just suck &#!!

Cheers

a now even more bored veteran player who lost his precious defense map.

The one defense map I tend to have issues with is the one where you're defending the pod in the middle of a bunch of buildings. Enemies tend to filter in very slowly on that map. I honestly spend a good deal of time sitting around and waiting, or roaming around to hunt for enemies who are no doubt taking cover inside a cave or building.

The other map where you defend on a corner and there's two bridges branching off, with a few other paths to the pod, I find that one to be fairly enjoyable. Granted, enemies tend to derp on that map too, but at least they come frequently enough that it's intense. I think most people leave after the 5th wave on the first mentioned map out of boredom.

I like the designs. The AI and enemy patterns could use some work.

The one defense map I tend to have issues with is the one where you're defending the pod in the middle of a bunch of buildings. Enemies tend to filter in very slowly on that map. I honestly spend a good deal of time sitting around and waiting, or roaming around to hunt for enemies who are no doubt taking cover inside a cave or building.

The other map where you defend on a corner and there's two bridges branching off, with a few other paths to the pod, I find that one to be fairly enjoyable. Granted, enemies tend to derp on that map too, but at least they come frequently enough that it's intense. I think most people leave after the 5th wave on the first mentioned map out of boredom.

I like the designs. The AI and enemy patterns could use some work.

Yeah the bridge one I loved unluckly only got that  one time. Wile the slow came up 5 or 6 times in row making me go back to jupiter instead=)

*edit* The last 2 or 3 times on the slow we just let the infested kill the pod to speed it up even that took ages with 7+ chargers or what the "dogs" called was beating it the health on the pod hardly moved.

Edited by Emolition

There is no reason for discussion here, sorry. Fact is: Old map was fun.. new maps are boring. Sure, the maps look awesome and are beautifully designed but... pictures are also pretty but i don't want to play them because they are BORING!

Gimme a center with a pod, doors around in reasonable distance with AI friendly obstacles in the way from Door to Pod and then... spawn mobs like crazy! FUN!

Right now defense missions give crappy loot, regardless of wave, give no credit rewards after completion and difficulty is measured in enemy HP...but hey....that was ok because there was a smoothly running map with decent design and there were a S#&$load of Corpus & infested (nope, sorry.. Grineer defense missions suck) to smash, bash, clobber and slice..you could even shoot them! In masses!

3/4 of the time now i just abort mission at the start because i wont give me that S#&$...but mostly i don't even bother to play defense anymore and level my remaining weapons on Bossruns... still boring but not as much as defense atm.

DE, your move ^^

Edited by Namacyst

The big defence maps suck ballz, It's just continual running around with the shift key pressed to suck up the few mods that drop. Smaller maps are much better for defence. That large circular one with the central reactor is about as big as it wants to ever get. Even on that, the spiked balls are a pain as you can only shoot them off from an angle and not directly from behind.