Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javelin, Lance And Spears In Warframe

TheAcey

Javelin would be a great addition to the game :D they could be charged and maybe be like a melee or secandary weapon with like 10 extra javelins in reserve. And lances would be one of the best additions ever you just hope on a koolbro (Kubrow) and charge at enemies. Spears would basically be javelins with out the charge and have a faster fire rate but both can pin enemies to walls

7292226734_223abd49c2_z.jpg

20130718192744!Bscap00001.jpg

Edited by chasethegreat

+1 and bump. Game definitely needs thrusting weapons!

We also stopped short with throwing melee weapons. Glaive, glaive prime and kestrel... a pokey spear type weapon that can be thrown seems like an obvious next step that we never took. Though I guess that's because it would have to use very different animations.

Personally, I'd like to see a Halberd added, it could main puncture damage with a good amount of slash as well (no impact) and it could go into the polearms section of melee weapons. Here's a link to a thread I started a few days ago with a picture of a halberd in case someone doesn't know what it looks like.(I don't think that's against the rules, just want to add in my suggestion which is related to a spear type weapon as well)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/294479-halberd/

Seeing as we are no longer ninja (Thanks Hydroid, you scurvy pirate you) I guess it would work with some frame's themes. A good example would be Excalibur.

Am I the only one that feels that Excalibur, Warframes POSTER BOY looks more like a knight in a game about NINJAS?

...Or am I just crazy?

EDIT: I feel like Ash needs a update as far as appearances go to make him more ninja-like. Then he could be the poster boy!

...who am I kidding, DE has totally forsaken Ash. After they buffed his abilities last time they said: I don't want to look at him ever again! This is coming from an avid Ash player though.

Edited by DeceptionBlade

I remember seeing a cool concept for a throwing javelin in the fan concepts forum. Your character would throw the javelin and it would stick to wherever it landed, and you couldn't use it again until you "recalled" it via... magnetism. Or something. Recalling it would cause the javelin to fly back into your hands and damage everything it hit on the way back, like the glaives. 

A big thrusting spear would be cool in this game too.

Also Ash was the only true ninja frame. WF was never all about ninjas; that was something game review sites liked to say because of all the parkour and flipping around.

Throw in a dark dragoon warframe while your at it

Zephyr.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I remember seeing a cool concept for a throwing javelin in the fan concepts forum. Your character would throw the javelin and it would stick to wherever it landed, and you couldn't use it again until you "recalled" it via... magnetism. Or something. Recalling it would cause the javelin to fly back into your hands and damage everything it hit on the way back, like the glaives. 

A big thrusting spear would be cool in this game too.

Also Ash was the only true ninja frame. WF was never all about ninjas; that was something game review sites liked to say because of all the parkour and flipping around.

Eh that magnetism seems really lame and it hitting enemy's on the way seems worse maybe going and picking it up would be the best

Zephyr.