Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Element For Each Faction

popshowit

Question

12 answers to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

edit:

infested: corrosive + fire  some people like to watch world burn

grineer : corrosive + cold + secondary weapon with radiation ( bombards) + corrosive projection aura

corpus: magnetic+ poison/gas  (does not matter if u play mag), one shot and 20 engineers are dead with poison cloud

void: corrosive+cold

some high status weapons get more benefit from elements like viral and radiation. (make them weak, make enemy shoot them)

some bosses are better go with magnetic and then swap for radiation/poison after shields down, pure corrosive for Lephantis is nice.

Edited by Agullimux

So it is correct? i was told that this page was incorrect...

That page is correct.

Make sure to check the tabs at the top of the chart and the notes below the chart. Corpus for example use Alloy armor from Grineer on their bosses and invader, which makes a big difference for electric damage.

Edited by VKhaun

*fixed

Grineer: Corrosive, radiation

Corpus: Magnetic,viral,electric

Infested: Gas, corrosive, heat

In a nutshell...

Grineer : Radiation and Viral

Corpus: Magnetic and Toxin

Infested/Void: Corrosive and heat.

Don't jump to follow people who try to simplify the chart. The level of the mission, type of mission, boss or no boss, invader's you''re marked for all matter and you're capable of carrying three weapons so you can specialize them for different targets and situations.

Typically I use a common enemy gun and a second gun on swap for heavy enemies.

Some warframe skills affect resists, like Shield Polarize from Mag which strips enemies of shields. When I play her with that skill maximized I will run one weapon for shooting a few shielded enemies and another weapon for cleaning up enemies that I've stripped of their shields. One has to shoot at Shield and Proto Shield, the other does not.

Edited by VKhaun

*fixed

Grineer: Corrosive, radiation

Corpus: Magnetic,viral,electric

Infested: Gas, corrosive, heat

The things I posted were for basic builds. Your post just has things that can be effective, but depends on situation. My elementals are good against the whole faction instead just a part of it. Also you can't have corrosive and radiation at the same time etc.

PS. Who even uses Gas?

Owned of thread should buy scanners and start scanning enemies if he does not believe wiki. Unless last patch changed resist, wiki is correct. 

Some people prefer one weapon for masses and second weapon for heavy unit of x faction.  I like more corrosive than gas because ancients become problem and new mechanic:

Shooting enemy around healer heals healer, shooting healer heals enemies around him. I find gas and aoe ineffective against infested in certain situations.

I see no reason to use viral with corpus unless high status weapon.

Owned of thread should buy scanners and start scanning enemies if he does not believe wiki. Unless last patch changed resist, wiki is correct. 

For a while, the table on the Damage 2.0 page was showing incorrect values for slash (the right values were still listed when you clicked on the damage type tho).

Anyhow, I like to use:

Grineer: Rad+Viral

Corpus: Magnetic+Toxin (Radiation for anti-hyena/robotboss)

Infested: Corrosive+Blast for Ancients, (sometimes drop Cold to make the Blast into Fire) and pure Gas for melee or dedicated lessers AoE wep like Ignis

Void: Corrosive, Corrosive, and more Corrosive. Cold if you've got an empty slot after installing 300%. For Melee, I build with Rad/Toxin to take out Lancers and Corpus units more easily; sometimes I use this setup on a dedicated lessers weapon.

When using 4x CP auras, both Grineer and Void builds convert to pure Viral.