Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making The Most Out Of Some Retired Guns

Exomedia

Question

Ok so...
I’ve got me self two ol’ slug throwers I got back in the day and that have been retired from market a while back; the Grinner’s Gorgon light machine gun (Iconic, and makes sweet music with its unmistakable roar) and the Tenno Boar automatic shotgun (Always fun and ready to tear ‘em a new one). Granted there are superior specimens of firearms today that supersede these outdated pieces; namely the Tenno’s Soma and Boar Prime, but I hold on to these beauties as keepsakes from an age gone by. Despite this I slowly find them more and more… inadequate, and quite a handful. I am beginning to consider whippin’ out them potatoes what have been sitting in a bucket in the corner ever since their acquisition. I now implore you folks to come up with a solution to make these guns live up to their full potential.

TLDR: Would like builds to maximize Gorgon and Boar’s potential, and wondering if it’s worth finally using my potatoes which I have been hesitant to use ala “Prime Paranoia” and reluctance to purchase platinum for the damn things, also would like information whether if the guns are ever gonna leave retirement like the Lanka/Snipetron.

ONE MORE THING: Ever notice the Gorgon looks like a guddamn submarine? I’ve taken to occasionally referring the things as the “Sub’ Machine Gun”, short for “Submarine machine gun”

Edit: not seeing any build suggestions, also I am not looking for guns to replace them.

Edited by Exomedia

7 answers to this question

i hate to say it but both of those weapons are mastery trash.

the gorgon wraith out-does the gorgon in every conceivable way. (hilariously so)

and the boar (and most shotguns with some very notable exceptions) are out-done by everything else.

i'd level them both and dump 'em @ 30. (in fact, that's exactly what i did)

@ Xethier

Dun have Gorgon wraith, not present for event to attend a funeral. I understand the Soma and supra out perform the default gorgon

Boar is now a rare gun only acquirable from buying the Rhino bundle, has collectors value for me.

@ Xethier

Dun have Gorgon wraith, not present for event to attend a funeral. I understand the Soma and supra out perform the default gorgon

Boar is now a rare gun only acquirable from buying the Rhino bundle, has collectors value for me.

totally understandable from that perspective.

as for the gorgon, it's sound is superb (and iconic at this point)

as for modding it, i'd say punch through (metal auger, not shred) is mandatory.

the reason to skip shred is it already has ammo consumption problems... that would only exacerbate it.

it might be worth it to install stabilizer on it. it's not a perfect solution and given the uniformity of the recoil it's managed easily enough without it once up to full firing speed.

past that it's pretty much business as usual for modding.

as for the boar, again a weapon that benefits from punch through immensely.

but shotguns are the red-headed stepchildren of warframe. (even moreso than sniper rifles)