Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes; A Way To Become One... Rather Th

IIPREDATORII

I think that in order to be a prime you should have to "evolve" your frame into it.

First we should have frames raised to 30. Then use the mastery system to further the evolution into a prime. Each level complete gains you pieces to the prime that you could attach seperatly to place on our frames. Once full prime is complete you will also see the polarity change.

Now say if you wanted to just use the regular frame. You could just simply take the pieces off the frame, or have them set as a configure setting in the appearance section.

Note: A) the Warframe should only be the prime (to gain the polarity) if all the pieces are attached.

B) Each frame has a seperate amount of mastery points to achieve prime.

Thoughts?

Edited by IIPREDATORII

Progression is at the heart of EVERY video game ...

To that end, I would welcome changing the Prime from a farming expedition to a learning and mastery experience

Even though I have spent real world dollars on getting a Prime object, it was only by actually earning it did I feel a sense of accomplishment

And to that end, accomplishment is the result of progression

Good idea ... 1+

Would hasten to add that the same should be for Prime weapons

Edited by ElHefe

So your thoughts are Pokemon? Ok. Must be dealing with a child here.

Think of Primes as a military rank then. Sound better? Primes being the highest rank. The more mastery rank you get for that said frame enables you to be a prime.

First of all, adults play Pokemon too.

Second, I never played Pokemon or watched the series, I do know however it contains an evolution system similar to what you suggested.

Third, that was a much better example, and I suppose that wouldn't be a bad system, but I don't see any of that happening in the near future considering DE's priorities at the  moment. Also, automatically assuming I'm a child and being "2edgy4me" doesn't help your case.

Edited by HunterHog

Prime: first in order of time, existence, or development; earliest; primitive.

I don't know why you want to "evolve" into anything.

I know prime can also mean rank but in warframe's case the lore is going by the first meaning.
Edited by kiteohatto

After helping many new players to only see them craving Prime warframes and Prime weapons only, I think it's a good idea to require the player to build the new prime warframe "on top" of the other one so to speak.

Yes that is what I'm thinking. Also if you wanted the normal one you could have it at your disposal. It would also signify how close you are to becoming a prime. People will be able to notice on others (if they attach all the pieces) their progression into a prime. I think this will give something for us to look forward to, and keep us interested. The need for more slots would disappear as well. The ones we have now could be used for any new frames.

Also I was thinking of having little movie scenes of the evolution appearing on our frame. That would be neat.

Edited by IIPREDATORII

Just out of curiosity ... why not? 

We've been far too long in play with the system we already have and you won't get enough people in favour of this new idea, given how many people dislike change of any kind, even if it IS positive. You don't even have to go outside of the warframe community for proof of this, just look at some of the extreme backlash to the UI changes that boil down to players disliking change (not that I'm saying everyone who dislikes the new UI is following this line of reasoning, but some definitely are.)

how close you are to becoming a prime

This is why it's not going to happen. Weapons and Warframes don't become Prime, the Primes are the original versions that are lost in the void.

While the concept is good and reduces the tedious grind for parts, the lore is already pretty solid around what Primes are. I doubt that DE will retcon all previous Prime-related lore at this point to bring in a new system.

We've been far too long in play with the system we already have and you won't get enough people in favour of this new idea, given how many people dislike change of any kind, even if it IS positive. You don't even have to go outside of the warframe community for proof of this, just look at some of the extreme backlash to the UI changes that boil down to players disliking change (not that I'm saying everyone who dislikes the new UI is following this line of reasoning, but some definitely are.)

Right ... U14.  Yeah, I see your point BUT Warframe did survive and is about to embark on one of its biggest shake-ups with the Archwing

As much as the pessimist in me agrees with you, my optimist wins out and declares that the game is big enough to stand up to change

After all, that is what sound governments, strong households and just about every aspect of good living does

Right ... U14.  Yeah, I see your point BUT Warframe did survive and is about to embark on one of its biggest shake-ups with the Archwing

As much as the pessimist in me agrees with you, my optimist wins out and declares that the game is big enough to stand up to change

After all, that is what sound governments, strong households and just about every aspect of good living does

I wish I was as optimistic as you are. ;p

This is why it's not going to happen. Weapons and Warframes don't become Prime, the Primes are the original versions that are lost in the void.

While the concept is good and reduces the tedious grind for parts, the lore is already pretty solid around what Primes are. I doubt that DE will retcon all previous Prime-related lore at this point to bring in a new system.

Your first point is inarguably true ... BUT that only strengthens what is being proposed

Let me explain:

1. The original Orokin Primes are a more sophisticated version of the Tenno reverse engineered/reengineered version

2. Mastery of a regular Tenno Warframe requires building up experience so that Mod slots become available as well as stored energy level is increased to use different abilities at the same time

3. Consequently, the use of "superior" technology COULD be predicated upon the understanding of a stripped down/reduced version - much like going from a single engine plane to a twin and from a prop engine to a jet engine when becoming a pilot

Secondly, DE doesn't have to change a thing in where components are located ... just unlocks access to obtaining them

With the notable exception being for Orokin Tower missions which are RNG based for Prime components - that could be eliminated

Sorry. I was under the impression there was no lore. Maybe Only snippets of what DE has made up...and what the community made up (which I'm not going to agree with) DE has not set it in stone.

How did primes become primes? Were they Tenno before, get lost on the void, then evolve into a prime state?

This is where my idea came from.

Again I don't pay attention to "lore".

Sorry. I was under the impression there was no lore. Maybe Only snippets of what DE has made up...and what the community made up (which I'm not going to agree with) DE has not set it in stone.

How did primes become primes? Were they Tenno before, get lost on the void, then evolve into a prime state?

There is some genuinely concrete lore within the game but you have to go looking for it and it's pretty much canon at this point that prime = the original. Normal warframes are mass produced equivalents based on guess work from old stories of what the primes where, essentially existing as an impression of the original prime itself.

Having said that, the lore IS still very flexible too and any of this stuff could be handwaved in the future if DE comes up with a better idea, so...

Edited by Tiqalicious

Prime: first in order of time, existence, or development; earliest; primitive.

I don't know why you want to "evolve" into anything.

I know prime can also mean rank but in warframe's case the lore is going by the first meaning.

That remark has caused me to doubt myself ...

I had always thought that the Tenno version was in some respect - although never explicitly stated how - less advanced than the Orokin version EVEN THOUGH the Tenno version came about later

The reason for why the Tenno version was a bit of a downgrade from the Orokin was ascribed to paucity of rare components, collapse of manufacturing and resource distribution with the fall of the Orokin Empire and maybe even a purposeful "dumming" down of the warframe to ensure autonomy of the operator from some type of central control

Do you have an in-game reference to back up your assertion?

Wiki would be a weak secondary source ...

That remark has caused me to doubt myself ...

I had always thought that the Tenno version was in some respect - although never explicitly stated how - less advanced than the Orokin version EVEN THOUGH the Tenno version came about later

The reason for why the Tenno version was a bit of a downgrade from the Orokin was ascribed to paucity of rare components, collapse of manufacturing and resource distribution with the fall of the Orokin Empire and maybe even a purposeful "dumming" down of the warframe to ensure autonomy of the operator from some type of central control

Do you have an in-game reference to back up your assertion?

Wiki would be a weak secondary source ...

I think with prime lore itself some of it does come from suggestions and comments from devstreams and the like, but they are suggestions and comments that have stayed consistent. One of the things to keep in mind is that the recent prime teaser videos all talk about new primes "emerging from the void" thus giving more weight to prime frames having been locked away. The fact that new lore is slowly being added to prime codex's also implies that the prime frames are the originals who's stories are being told to us via the codex information.

No Lore?  I must disagree ... there is in-game Lore scattered through out with messages from The Lotus, Darvo, Frohd Bek in the various special events

In fact, the first thread I started in these forums specifically addressed what was a Prime

(see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/259427-what-is-a-prime-really)

As far as I can tell, your idea is at least consistent with what little we have in terms of Lore

Edited by ElHefe

First of all, adults play Pokemon too.

Second, I never played Pokemon or watched the series, I do know however it contains an evolution system similar to what you suggested.

Third, that was a much better example, and I suppose that wouldn't be a bad system, but I don't see any of that happening in the near future considering DE's priorities at the  moment. Also, automatically assuming I'm a child and being "2edgy4me" doesn't help your case.

Sorry I really am. I literally thought only kids play that game. So I assumed you were a child sorry my "bad". But I guess I should have known due to my knowledge of grown men that watch my little pony... that maybe they play kids games to. Not saying you're a brony. I was using it as an example.

I think with prime lore itself some of it does come from suggestions and comments from devstreams and the like, but they are suggestions and comments that have stayed consistent. One of the things to keep in mind is that the recent prime teaser videos all talk about new primes "emerging from the void" thus giving more weight to prime frames having been locked away. The fact that new lore is slowly being added to prime codex's also implies that the prime frames are the originals who's stories are being told to us via the codex information.

Interesting tidbit about "emerging from the void" ... always thought from Ember's Codex that the Void-energy exposed Tenno were taken back to "real space" where the Orokin constructed the Warframe exo-suit

It seems that what you are citing may be yet another bit of inconsistency on the part of DE (which arises from an incomplete DETAILED storyline), but time will tell ...

Still, you didn't explicitly answer my question about the comparative features of the Orokin PrimeFrame and the Tenno Warframe ...

Who is the suprerior?

Edited by ElHefe