The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts About Void Towers And Primes.

JohnKable

First time i open a topic here, and before everithing i apologize for my english. Hope you'll understand what i'm writing.

Prime stuff: Its cool to farm and make alot of runs trying to get the new prime stuff,

but its just a broken system as it is now. For example if i want a Loki Prime Helmet its much better doing four 20mins Survivals than a single one for 50 mins.

Of course if you can do longer runs you can increase your chances from a single key BUT doing some short runs is ALOT easier than doing a long single one.

The rotation stuff is ok, But i think it needs a rework. for example its ok to have a chance at 20mins, but it has to be actually much lower than the chance of getting it at 40 mins and much much lower than the chance at 60 mins.  Also considering that at 60 mins you have 3 separate chances of getting the "rare" piece.

Primes need to be rare and HARD to get. if you cant reach 40-60 mins (or waves in defense) its ok to have a chance but it has to be very very low.   Primes have to be ha sort of "privilege" and something hard to conquest. There's nothing hard about doing 10 t4 survival runs of 20 mins each.

If i see a tenno with a full prime i want to know he is GOOD at the game and he deserved it OR he bought it (and still deserve respect in my mind cause he is supporting the game)

Primes can't be "the latest thing to farm". primes shoudnt be farmed they shoud be EARNED. 

Not mentioning the fact this could be a great motivation for maxing frames and your own skills and have a real reason trying to "beat" t4 towers. and not just for a score table that resets every week.

Also, we have alot of other stuff to farm for.

Primes have to be ha sort of "privilege" and something hard to conquest. There's nothing hard about doing 10 t4 survival runs of 20 mins each.

Do they? Do they really? Because I spent three months trying to get hold of a single Fang Prime blade from T3 defense, back when it was fifteen waves fixed, and didn't get a single one. I spent an equal amount of time trying to get a Dakra blade, which finally happened on christmas day last year.

Do you think I felt a sense of accomplishment when I got them? Because the only thing I felt was relief that I didn't have to do that again. There is no privilege in wasting months failing to get a single part which is the only thing stopping you from building the weapon you want. There is only regret, frustration and a burning hatred for the system. I do not often tell people this, but your opinion is wrong. If you don't think I earned the right to be able to use both those weapons through three months of grinding and two mastery ranks, which did not GET me the items, then may you come to the attention of those in high places and may you live in interesting times.

Do they? Do they really? Because I spent three months trying to get hold of a single Fang Prime blade from T3 defense, back when it was fifteen waves fixed, and didn't get a single one. I spent an equal amount of time trying to get a Dakra blade, which finally happened on christmas day last year.

Do you think I felt a sense of accomplishment when I got them? Because the only thing I felt was relief that I didn't have to do that again. There is no privilege in wasting months failing to get a single part which is the only thing stopping you from building the weapon you want. There is only regret, frustration and a burning hatred for the system. I do not often tell people this, but your opinion is wrong. If you don't think I earned the right to be able to use both those weapons through three months of grinding and two mastery ranks, which did not GET me the items, then may you come to the attention of those in high places and may you live in interesting times.

Nicely said ^^

No opinion is wrong. Its what he thinks that would improve the game, and i actually agree with him on some parts. I do think that Prime parts should be somewhat 'harder' to get. Probably im just lucky but about 5/10 T4 Survivals i do, i usually get the Loki Prime Helmet and that includes when it was freshly released. Prime frames/weapons are probably a bit too easy to obtain, and of course if you arent able to or tired of farming for the same part, theres always the trading tab.

Especially when specific prime frames and weapons are older in the game, they are so easy to get and dirt cheap in the market because of their frequency in rewards. An example is the Mag Prime, the whole entire set usually goes for 10-20p. I mean, for a prime frame that costs quite a lot of money when it was first released to now dirt cheap. And because the fact that you can actually see where the parts drop makes it much easier. I just think that Prime Weapons or Frames should remain in higher value even after some time it has been released.

I farmed most of my Prime Frames/Weapons as well as many others but lots of them arent even valuable or rare anymore. I'd like to actually feel like i have a rare frame that not most of the population has.

But anyways, that was just an idea. I'm fine with the current system as of now.