The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Balance

Axeroix

Soo yesterday I was complaining about speed on Volt, and as many of my friends know I play ALOT of Volt he's been my favourite frame since closed Beta, and now that he's a starter ive seen him arise again, but playing around with overload Ive found that I can produce more damage than Nova or Rhino in the majority of my matches which worries me Volt is relatively tanky with his shields and has the ultimate Rush ability, is Volt gonna be the new Rhino, his popularity is steadily on the rise and he has ways to build him Nuke, Melee, Hit and Run, Spam, CC he's really coming into his own with the additional mods like lifestrike allowing you to build him like Valk Rage build.

Edited by Axeroix

My only concern is the electric shield, it did too much right now and most people used it for offense instead of defense. I fear that if it's nerfed, it's going to lose its invulnerability making it lose it's main purpose. While it's the damage that is unnecessary.

He's fine.

As far as I'm concerned Volt is one of the most balanced frames in the game right now. Nothing really stands out as overpowered about him.

This. Many even cry that he is underpowered, but he's in a good range.

My only concern is the electric shield, it did too much right now and most people used it for offense instead of defense. I fear that if it's nerfed, it's going to lose its invulnerability making it lose it's main purpose. While it's the damage that is unnecessary.

I don't think it's going to be nerfed. How incredible it was originally (I still miss it) turned into what it is now except with Shield stacking. The stacking has since been removed, so now it sits as a nice damage boost and barrier. +50% Electric damage and 2x crit damage is not over the top, but it's still really nice.

Soo yesterday I was complaining about speed on Volt, and as many of my friends know I play ALOT of Volt he's been my favourite frame since I started playing warframe, and now that he's a starter ive seen him arise again, but playing around with overload Ive found that I can produce more damage than Nova or Rhino in the majority of my matches which worries me Volt is relatively tanky with his shields and has the ultimate Rush ability, is Volt gonna be the new Rhino, his popularity is steadily on the rise and he has ways to build him Nuke, Melee, Hit and Run, Spam, CC he's really coming into his own with the additional mods like lifestrike allowing you to build him like Valk Rage build.

cbt ended in march iirc

But as for volt he is pretty balanced.

His Ult does great damage but only if there are electronic devices in the room.

His shield is invincible but only covers a section of space in front of you.

His speed buff is pretty powerful but it applies to the whole team (not really drawbacks to it)

And his shock (if thats what its called?) is pretty much just a quick cc skill but lacks big damage. 

I highly doubt Volt will get a nerf or will even be as popular as Rhino.

Volt may have a healthy amount of shields, but he is still tied for the lowest amount of armor in the game.

Rhino on the other hand may have a bit less shield, but makes up for it by having Iron Skin. It's essentially a free 800-1200 point shield that is pretty inexpensive and makes you immune to knockdowns and most procs I believe. Also he is tied for second highest amount of armor.

Also, comparing their panic buttons. Shock/Overload/(Maybe Speed to run away) vs Rhino Stomp. Stomp has a nice, long duration (8 seconds) in which enemies are knocked in the air, then knocked down. Shock offers 1-2 seconds of stun and Overload is a bit longer, but still not as long as Stomp.

The closest thing Volt has gotten to a nerf is the changes to Electric Shield, which really is more of a nerf to the weapons than the Frame.

Volt's fun, but there's no way he'll be comparable in ease of use to Rhino.

Edited by Otenko

Soo yesterday I was complaining about speed on Volt, and as many of my friends know I play ALOT of Volt he's been my favourite frame since closed Beta, and now that he's a starter ive seen him arise again, but playing around with overload Ive found that I can produce more damage than Nova or Rhino in the majority of my matches which worries me Volt is relatively tanky with his shields and has the ultimate Rush ability, is Volt gonna be the new Rhino, his popularity is steadily on the rise and he has ways to build him Nuke, Melee, Hit and Run, Spam, CC he's really coming into his own with the additional mods like lifestrike allowing you to build him like Valk Rage build.

Sounds like a versatile frame with fun ways to play him. Sounds great. You should feel good about this. There is no need to nitpick about things looking for balance with anything including Volt unless you want him buffed.

Edited by JacobLittle