Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird Hitch When Opening The Nav Map

AdunSaveMe

Not much to describe about it.

It freezes for a bit when I open the map in the ship, every time, always around the same spot (when the gas giants pop in)

It happens without fail regardless of display settings.

Low-quality video of it here. What you see is pretty much what I get, aside from the framerate.

I'd also like to point out that it only started happening after U14, in one of the patches or hotfixes.

When update 14 first arrived, this problem DID NOT exist.

Anyone else?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Had the same problem about two weeks ago, then the issue disappeared, today it thappened again and still persists. Something is seriously broken. In my case i can't exit the broken nav screen and the game also freezes when trying to access the options menu. I have to kill it through outside means as it doesn't recover.

Edited by belcebub

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still having this problem as of 16.7.1

If you have a chance, it would help us track down the cause if you could send a support ticket with your EE.log attached the next time this happens for you.

Ideally a brief log of you just logging in and experiencing the issue, but any log when the issue occurs will help us.

If you have a chance, it would help us track down the cause if you could send a support ticket with your EE.log attached the next time this happens for you.

Ideally a brief log of you just logging in and experiencing the issue, but any log when the issue occurs will help us.

Sounds like a delay in establishing the session to their servers.

Pretty much. I've been having it since shortly after we got the Liset, and I've (in each time this thread comes up) suggested it seems like an issue with the creation of a squad.

For those experiencing this, I'm curious how the hitch changes when setting your matchmaking mode to different regions.

Switching to different regions doesn't change it.

Any online option (public, invite only, friends only) has the issue, but solo does not.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

• 2 months later...

I think I may know what is going on, do you guys have good internet? When I first sit down on navigation, when you guys get that stutter I get the message "Creating session". If it takes you longer and you are not getting the message, all I can think of is if you guys have worse internet than me. Feel free to say if I am wrong or not though, just guessing here.

I've had it since I began playing the game. From what I've seen, since you set it on everything except solo mode, the game is creating a session for matchmaking. On solo mode, missions are played offline, so there is no freezing because of it. Most time it has ever taken for me is 3 minutes. Seems like it also happens when your session is deleted, or when you don't go to the star map on your liset for 5 minutes or more. Then, it has to create a new session, and it freezes again. However, if you are in a squad, with 2,3, or 4 players, your session is never deleted, thus, after finding or staying with that squad, the navigation screen never freezes.

These are my observations. After having it for so long, I would like to see it fixed. I can provide a log if I it is needed.