The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Stationary Abilities Both Stationary And Mobile

Azamagon

These "stationary" abilities I'm talking about are abilities such as Volt's Electric Shield, Oberon's Hallowed Ground and Frost's Snow Globe. A very simple thing to do to these abilities, so they are useful in more places than just stationary battles would be extremely simple:

1) Activate the ability, and it follows you around.

2) While the ability is running, activate it again to instantly place it in the ground. No extra energy-cost for doing this and this is a onehanded action (doesn't interrupt your reloading or anything like that).

It would be mildly overpowered with their current sizes to have them follow you around, so, while they are mobile their sizes could be drastically smaller. That leaves you a choice: Mobile but small, or big but stationary.

Note: With this, I'd make Hallowed Ground a circular AoE, rather than a silly carpet and Volt's mobile shield would follow his crosshair.

You mean like this? :   [  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KAFASX1MXU  ].  It would be awesome.

thats coool.

love the idea of it being a small mobile version and then a large, stationary version. If you make one stationary, would you still be able to cast another one? i feel some wont like it if its changed, those that abuse it will annoy others, and if you can have a mobile AND a stationary then youll annoy those that use it like a clutch... Love this whole idea though

You mean like this? :   [  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KAFASX1MXU  ].  It would be awesome.

Yeah, something like that! Good example :)

thats coool.

love the idea of it being a small mobile version and then a large, stationary version. If you make one stationary, would you still be able to cast another one? i feel some wont like it if its changed, those that abuse it will annoy others, and if you can have a mobile AND a stationary then youll annoy those that use it like a clutch... Love this whole idea though

Thanks for liking it! :)

Well, if you put one down and then summon another mobile one, you can put that one down too etc. So, it doesn't change the spammability of the powers, place as many stationary ones as you want! The only restriction is that you can only have one MOBILE version active at a time.

Well, it would have to be a huge aoe to make up for the lack of blanketing the whole floor with multiple grounds or else hold down 2 to pick it up and tap 2 to place another one.

^ Read my response to DarkArchon, this does not remove the ability to place multiple stationary ones. And no, no picking it up again. Once it's placed, it's placed.

Edited by Azamagon