Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Try It, Then Buy It!

Noobstein

Yes, this post is about Glaxion.

I was so excited about it... But now that I've used it for a couple of missions, I had to put it away because I think it's terrible. It doesn't slow enemies at the first round, the slow is rather an accumulated effect. Even in the first Mercury missions this rifle lacks damage wise and ammo economy wise. I don't think I ever saw a primary rifle that runs out of ammo in an extermination on Mercury. To make matters worse, it's only 1 beam, so you really have to pick your target, so no CC there. And to think you can click and move the beam from one target to the other... hell no!

Sorry for whoever designed this, but the only positive things I can say about the Glaxion are related to looks and mobs post death animation. Freezing stuff is nice, the frozen targets have a nice post death animation, the rifle itself looks fine, but damage wise vs ammo economy this weapon is not viable. I'm very disappointed.

That said, I think it's time for a practice room in the Liset or somewhere else where we could try a weapon before buying it. With the current "no refunds for used weapons" policy, I really feel like I traded 175 platinum for 3000 mastery points.

I second the idea of having a way to demo weapons before buying them. Just have a button in the Codex page and Market page for each weapon,  "Virtual simulation".  You're loaded into a simple map similar to the mastery trials, with the weapon of your choice and some arenas that let you fight against a random horde of enemies.

(I'm sorry to hear that Glaxion doesn't have any redeeming features.  I raised an eyebrow at that ludicrous 40 rounds/second ammo consumption but figured there must be something else to it that didn't show in raw stats.)

Edited by Momaw

I support this idea, but I wonder about crit weapons. Without crit mods Soma and Amprex are rather lackluster. Imegine moment when someone tests Soma and comes to conclusion: "This gun sucks. Why is everyone using it? Self imposed chalange?"

I support this idea, but I wonder about crit weapons. Without crit mods Soma and Amprex are rather lackluster. Imegine moment when someone tests Soma and comes to conclusion: "This gun sucks. Why is everyone using it? Self imposed chalange?"

You could also do rentals.  You pay, I dunno, 5K credits and you get the weapon to use for an hour. Comes with its own inventory slot and its own potato. You can change its appearance and adds mods as if you owned it, but you can't earn mastery points with it and at the end of the hour it goes poof.  Each weapon you rent this way has a cooldown of several days or even a week, to encourage people to actually build the things they like rather than just renting it over and over.   :)

Edited by Momaw

You could always do some maths on the stats to see if it is worth it before buying it. The update teaser video also had Glaxion in it, showing its mechanics (a.k.a. the one beam).

You're right, we could always do research. And if someone says "nobody forced you to buy it", he's also right. But in the video they didn't show the low damage, nor the absurd ammo consumption. They showed a cool rifle doing cool stuff. 

I'm talking about having an option: if I like something after trying it, then it's a quality product and I buy it right then and there.

You're right, we could always do research. And if someone says "nobody forced you to buy it", he's also right. But in the video they didn't show the low damage, nor the absurd ammo consumption. They showed a cool rifle doing cool stuff. 

That's marketing. If they showed every bad side of the weapon in the video, nobody would want it.

I never thought of that, but I'm sure the dev team could find a way. They are smart, creative and more than capable to give us what we need.

That's marketing. If they showed every bad side of the weapon in the video, nobody would want it.

So you're saying that if they fully demonstrated bad weapons, people wouldn't want to buy them, and then they would be forced to stop making bad weapons because they aren't profitable.

....and this a problem why? :)

So you're saying that if they fully demonstrated bad weapons, people wouldn't want to buy them, and then they would be forced to stop making bad weapons because they aren't profitable.

Because money is king (and for the record, money ≠ profit). 

it doesn't take much to make the glaxion a good weapon, it would've been good if it hadn't the worst dps and ammo efficiency and it's not like changing a few numbers is this troublesome for them.

Is there some rule that states only electricaty based elemental weapons can have nice crit? I'm not asking for fabled 50% but at least more than 20%.

This same goes for Nukor. Having crit multiplier of 4 and only 1% crit chance is biggest koktease I've seen in a while. (Granted for Nukor more than 20% may be bit OP) And does it make enemies explode? Like mechanics wise not just visually. Everyone took it for granted after seeing preview, but I haven't heard anything about it after release.