The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Having A Rhino In Your Squad Annoy Anyone Else?

(PSN)AishaCtarl

I absolutely hate it when a wild Rhino appears in my squad. Usually they rush ahead of everyone else and wreck everything in sight with little consideration of how much fun their squad is having doing absolutely nothing.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I loathe having rhinos my squads.

i cringe every time i get one in a pub. yeah i spend a lot of my warframe time cringing.

it's just the nature of pug'ing and rhino is a solo friendly/ new player friendly frame so it's to be expected

As a Rhino player myself I almost exclusively use him for Extermination, Capture and Invasion missions. I've recently been experimenting with using Shield Flux for maximum sprint duration.

Why do I rush ahead? because those modes are easy for a rhino and a little difficult for some frames especially T4 Exterminates. I tend to scout ahead and destroy all the traps/cameras and take care of all the heavy units. Do I run ahead? If there is a large group of units that can decimate a single frame if focused I move into two different positions to cover the entire area if necessary and stomp to allow everyone else to fight them easily.

I mostly use stomp and since I have fleeting on I only use roar when there are a group of heavies or for Vor or stalker type enemies.

I guess thats the way I wish most people would play a rhino.

Unfortunately iron skined rush rhinos are far too common. The amount of times I've had to stop cc'ing to revive a rhino player who wasn't paying attention to their loss of iron skin or them simply refusing to stomp during battle is too high for my liking.

As far as Rhino being viable for T4 40 min+ runs, while stomp is useful he is only good with other frames working together. The same can be said for most other frames in lategame scenarios though.

As far as I'm concerned he is meant to be played as a damage sponge and cc in most team setups. He takes point because he can allow his teamates more room to setup for combos or get into position.

Unfortunately because of his second ability allowing him to effectively be invulnerable in low to mid level missions a lot of people just get used to playing him as if they are running solo with no one else on their team. Thus leading to rushing rhinos in standard missions and rushing rhinos who get killed in higher level missions because they dont adjust their playstyle to suit tougher enemies, while most other frames when used have to do so around mid level play to be effective and players transition better into later game as their understanding of their frame and its strengths and weaknesses is explored for a longer time.

At least thats the way I see it.

Rhino should not be at fault or as to any warframe should not be at fault or hated, its the person/player who is using them that should be.  Its easy to say that people hate him for using stomp too much or hes rushing in front of everyone, the same could be said about almost any other frame.  I've seen players complain on how Ember using World on Fire too much, Mag spamming Pull ability, Nova for using Molecular Prime, Vauban, Hydroid and so on, pretty much any frame that has a wide power range.  Any frame can rush ahead and destroy everything.  The only thing you can do is either ask them to not rush ahead, tell them to leave, or start an invite only session.

Zephyr is better then Rhino anyway. :)

Turbulance = Infinite scaling Rhino skin

Tail wind = Faster and longer Rhino charge

Tornado = Longer stun and can stat

Though Zephyr is harder to use and build sooooooo Rhino is used instead. :)

My personal opinion is Zephyr is a better Rhino.

Zephyr 2nd best tank! :D (1st is obvi Valkyr)

Rhino is a jack of all trades, but is overused and probably should be moved to Ambulas and have Excal be Jackle.

Edited by Feallike

I find having a Zephyr worse. Omg a strong Eximus mob! *Cast tornado* Oh great now we can't kill it and have to wait for it to end... 

A good Zephyr brings a weapon that procs Viral, Corrosive, or Gas.

Also those are the Press4ToWin Players... Thats not how your suppose to use Zephyr. :/

Rhino would be the same if you couldn't damage enemies during the stun. -.-

Anyone can do its not just a rhino I've had on numerous occasions where I started or joined a squad and one of my team mates runs ahead. I've seen it mostly in assassination missions where someone runs ahead and tackles the boss by themselves and on several occasions I'm running ahead to revive them cause they got over their own head.  

For me personally I don't mind rhino, though loki I sort of don't like. I've had been in too many missions where people use loki to troll their team mates, just before extraction they teleport me back or during defense missions where the teleport me over an edge. I know not everyone does this with loki but that is my own experience with people who play that.

I'm sorry that you have a bad experience with people who play rhino but in truth any warframe or more like player can be like that not just rhino.

Only 3 frames in this game I hate with a passion.

Loki/Prime, Rhino Prime, and Nova.

I mildly dislike regular Rhino players because they aren't fully grown lost causes yet like Rhino Prime players.

I've yet to see or play with a Loki/Prime that wasn't a worthless piece of garbage.

I've yet to see or play with a Nova that wasn't full of themselves.

I've yet to see or play with a Rhino Prime that wasn't Captain Tunnel Vision.

inb4 tears and "not all players are like that wah wah"

Spare me, like I said, "I've yet to see or play with" meaning I'm looking for the exceptions.

700+ hours in, still looking.

Hopefully you'll encounter me and my rhino prime someday in battle... Very team orientated build.

My Roar lasts almost 30 seconds and I never use stomp unless its defense and we're getting swarmed.

I also hate the Vangaurd helm with a passion! Not only does it look stupid, but it defeats the purpose of the 'tank' role. I like moving slow with my Thrak helm, looking like a boss and holding up the rear guard as such. That way I can revive any over zealous rushers once I catch up and get to say 'told ya' so' haha.

I don't use the 'rush' mod either... Rhino like a BOSS!

The only problem I usually have with rhino is that playing him takes the fun out of everything. Next to no challenge thanks to iron skin. Played an ODD the other day and was fighting off level 30 infested with my level 5 rhino like they were nothing (had to level him up at some point for mastery). I think if iron skin were put on a timer and cost more energy rather than being way too strong and and not costing much then it make him a much more fun frame and put at least some challenge into the game when using him.