Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Suggestions/feedback Having "completed" The Game

chuuburg

Suggestions/Feedback from a player who has "Completed" the game.

Since I do not even login anymore apart from select alerts, I reckon I may spend some time here.

Hopefully my interest stays in the game long enough to return when the new update comes.

I have every frame and weapon maxed, obtained every mod and every map soloed, even went for a challenge to solo the mobile defense maps which sadly the spawn scales too much for soloing to be a challenge.

I am sure there are plenty before me and they have probably all gone onto other games.

With no release date for U8 yet, there is just no reason to play the game for probably a few more weeks.

By then I reckon alot of players in the similiar situation would lose interest altogether and go on to other games.

1)Change Patches/Updates/Tenno Reinforcements to Wednesdays(currently majority on Fridays)
It allows a couple of days to fix broken patches i.e Patches 7.7.3 - defense maps were clearly unplayable.
Many people would want to play the game during the weekends but if you release a broken patch on Friday, many people would be dissuaded from playing for the weekend.
I am sure DE yourselves do not/would not want to work through the weekend to hotfix the broken patches.

2)Weekly patches should include at least one new mod variant
It encourages people to keep playing to get these new mods, new tiles and weapons are ok but it just promotes more mindless grinding.
Right now I have completely nothing to do in the game except look at twitter and hope for either a potato reward, or few helmet/weapon blueprints that I do not have.
DE may be keeping the whole bulk of new mods to be released for U8 however that just says "stop playing until U8" for me and probably alot of the veteran players. Keep 10-15 for U8, and release the rest as a weekly thing.

3)Balance out missions
Currently Kappa and Kiste are the 2 best maps for exp + mod in the entire game.
They give about 4x-8x the exp of any other map in the same amount of time, and mod wise is comparable to any other defense map.
There is absolutely no point of doing other maps unless you are after blue prints or credit farming.
I want to play the new asteroid/Ice world tiles but when I get 2000-3000 exp as compared to 15000-20000 exp on Kappa/Kiste, it really turns me away from them.
DE needs to narrow the gap, the easy way is to increase spawns in other maps but hopefully you guys can come up with something else.

4)Do not randomize Defense maps
Currently we have 3 variants for the outdoor ice world defense.
They should be spread out to different planets/missions to let people choose which they want to play.
When the new defense maps patch was out I was eager to try the waterdam map, yet I was stuck playing the watchtower map 6 times in a row and I gave up trying to get into the waterdam map.
This is akin to making boss maps random, choose a boss map and you get to fight a random boss.

Players should be able to join which defense map they want to play.

5)Grineer defense maps
Grineers are my favourite faction to fight.
That being said, these maps are just too broken, defending a giant target in a super large arena. (imagine grineers have 100% hit rate on you, thats how ridiculous the target is)
It goes from "very easy" to "What the hell is this" pass wave 10-20 on ceres, it gets ridiculous.
One stray heavy gunner will take down 50%-75% of the reactor's hp in a couple of seconds, not to mention the abundance of rollers.
I don't know how you can fix this map, the map design is just flawed.

6)Update 8?

I question how good Update 8 will be, from what I see probably a few more tiles, maybe even a new world, a new frame and a couple of weapons and mods.

The clan trading and dojo addition sounds interesting, but Im not one to burn all my resource into something that does not improve my gameplay experience.

So what happens after a player "completes" Update 8 ? Wait 2 months for Update 9 ?

I hope DE start thinking of some form of an end game soon.

7)End Game

a) 6-8 Player higher difficulty planets, its possible already shown in the glitch a few patches back.

b) "Nightmare" and "Hell" difficulty like in diablo where you get higher rarity and quantity of mods and better rewards.

c) Prestige system DE mentioned before, hopefully it gets out soon. It sounds good for players to become much stronger than regular and can be used to play in conjunction with the "nightmare/hell" difficulty modes if it ever gets implemented.

8)Mastery Ranks

Give them a bigger role in the game.

Many have spent millions of credits, thousands of materials and 300-400hours in the game to acquire this but they do close to nothing apart from the few weapons at rank 3 and 4.

Have not heard any news from DE that anything regarding mastery was going to be implemented, at this rate I dont think there will be any use for them until Update 10 or even later.

Rank 8-9 players should feel special or more powerful than the lower ranked players, but sadly thats not the case.

1-5% increase to dmg/health/shields/speed/whatever per rank sounds reasonable to me, nothing too OP but yet still significant.

5% increment would mean 45% bonus shields/hp, which is only 1 level of redirection/vitality mod which is fairly reasonable.

Weapons could have 1-2% increment.

Since ranks are capped by how many frames/weapons DE releases, i doubt anyone is going to reach rank 30 anytime soon for it to be OP. They can always be re-scaled if neccessary.

9)Stealth Attack/Kills

This is my take on it, they need to 1 hit kill regardless of enemy type excluding bosses.

DE has mentioned that it will be too OP, but I beg to defer.

If a player with an unranked loki + unranked skana were to sneak around for 20-40 mins in pluto using only stealth kills, he very well deserves to complete the map, infact he should be rewarded with a bonus for that.

A normal player going in guns blazing could finish pluto within 10-20 mins at max.

Take for example stealth games like Hitman, MGS and Splinter Cell, take away 1 hit stealth kills in them and the game will be unplayable at the highest difficulty unless you avoid all enemies.

EDIT: Added 8) and 9)

Will edit and bump the post again if anything comes to mind.

Edited by chuuburg

Suggestions/Feedback from a player with 300+ hours into the game, a player who has done virtually everything in this game and solo'ed every non defense map with ease.

Currently rank 8, 30% more mastery to reach rank 9.

I usually keep from posting new threads because they usually and probably will go unnoticed by DE, but I am completely burned out from the game.

If this one goes unnoticed by DE as well then I will stop making threads in future(because what for).

1)Change Patches/Updates/Tenno Reinforcements to Wednesdays(currently majority on Fridays)

It allows a couple of days to fix broken patches i.e Patches 7.7.3 - defense maps were clearly unplayable.

Many people would want to play the game during the weekends but if you release a broken patch on Friday, many people would be dissuaded from playing for the weekend.

I am sure DE yourselves do not/would not want to work through the weekend to hotfix the broken patches.

2)Weekly patches should include at least one new mod variant

It encourages people to keep playing to get these new mods, new tiles and weapons are ok but it just promotes more mindless grinding.

Right now I have completely nothing to do in the game except look at twitter and hope for either a potato reward, or few helmet/weapon blueprints that I do not have.

DE may be keeping the whole bulk of new mods to be released for U8 however that just says "stop playing until U8" for me and probably alot of the veteran players.

3)Balance out missions

Currently Kappa and Kiste are the 2 best maps for exp + mod in the entire game.

They give about 4x-8x the exp of any other map in the same amount of time, and mod wise is comparable to any other defense map.

There is absolutely no point of doing other maps unless you are after blue prints or credit farming Vor.

I want to play the new asteroid/Ice world tiles but when I get 2000-3000 exp as compared to 15000-20000 exp on Kappa/Kiste, it really turns me away from them.

DE needs to narrow the gap, the easy way is to increase spawns in other maps but hopefully you guys can come up with something else.

4)Balance out mission tiles

I did Exta(Kril Boss) a couple of times and each time the maps were poorly balanced.

Occasionally from start to Boss room, I would run through 4 empty maps not even seeing a single enemy and would have reached the boss room.

Yet in other occasions I would have to go through 8-10 rooms of fully packed Grineers before reaching the boss room.

They should be more balanced out to something like 5-8 rooms with decently packed Grineers for every 1-2 rooms.

As the new tiles are getting bigger and bigger I find myself sprinting through 3-4 empty rooms alot.

5)Do not randomize Defense maps

Currently we have 3 variants for the outdoor ice world defense.

They should be spread out to different planets/missions to let people choose which they want to play.

When the patch was out I was eager to try the new waterdam defense map.

Yet I was stuck playing the broken watchtower defense map 6 times in a row and I gave up trying to get into the waterdam map.

They should only have different pod locations(I think they curretly have, or it may be just a glitch), players should be able to join which defense map they want to play.

6)Grineer defense maps

Grineers are my favourite faction to fight.

That being said, these maps are just too broken, defending a giant target in a super large arena. (imagine grineers have 100% hit rate on you, thats how ridiculous the target is)

It goes from "very easy" to "What the hell is this" pass wave 10-20 on ceres, it gets ridiculous.

One stray heavy gunner will take down 50%-75% of the reactor's hp in a couple of seconds, not to mention the abundance of rollers.

I don't know how you can fix this map, the map design is the one giving it the issues.

7)New enemy type of infested "foot soldier"

As the name says, a foot soldier.

One with moderate damage with moderate hp and thats it, no stuns no staggers no exploding or any of that sorts.

Currently the infested spawn ratio is about 50% exploders, 30% chargers and 20% leapers.

They should be about 70% "foot soldiers", 10% chargers, 10% exploders and 10% leapers

Gettng chain stunned by exploders for 6 times in a row followed by a knock down by a leaper immediately is just a bad attempt at game difficulty.

Though I didnt die from all that nonsense, there should not be so much attempt at cheap deaths in the game.

With the less attempts at cheap kills you can increase the spawn rates for non-ancient infested.

8)Scaling credit rewards

I cannot stress this point enough, even DE yourselves know that VOR is the best way to farm credits.

Why is this not being addressed yet, I dont know how this is acceptable.

Planets like Pluto and Xini should yield higher rewards overall.

Maps like Kril, Ambulas and Phorid should give minimum of 8-15k for the mission reward, considering how much longer it takes to kill the boss and even get to them.

I can do a Vor run in 2 mins which gives me 3.5k and a guaranteed mod, while doing any of the 3 said bosses above would probably take at least 5-15 mins.

3.5k in 2 mins vs 10k in 5 mins is already a pretty bad ratio, but the current one is just ridiculous at 1000.

That puts an average of 1.75k/min to 2k/min which sounds reasonable but lets face it, 5 mins on these 3 boss maps are highly unlikely unless you are very lucky with tiles and spawn.

I would say even 15k sounds reasonable.

9)Extraction suggestion

Half the team reaching extraction is a bad idea, I have been in games where the other 3 players would stray off somewhere.

My playstyle is simple, head to the exclamation mark while killing everything that comes in my path/vision.

Meaning if I reach the mission marker and my teammates are no where near they are clearly playing Dora the Explorer

One incident in a pub Jackal, my 3 teammates ranked 2-5 Dora the Explorered till nowhere in sight when I was already at the Jackal room.

I ran to look for them 3-4 rooms away in the wrong direction from the objective marker, repeated attempts to communicate with them failed and a couple minutes later I was so annoyed that I just climbed up into a safe spot and afked.

I came back 10 mins later and they were walking around my character(lol), then saw them typing in the chat which means they clearly understood english.

I continued to be afk just to send a message "if you wanna waste time I can do it too".

Continued to be afk until all of them left.

This situation can very apply to the current state of extraction as well.

My suggestion would be make it so that the timer starts at 2-3mins, each additional player entering reduces the remaining time by 15-45seconds.

If a player exits the extraction zone then it adds back the same said amount.

Eample for a 30s decrement:

1st Player reaches extraction: countdown timer starts = remaining time 2:00 (2 mins is enough time to tell people to hurry up)

2nd Player reaches extraction 10 seconds later: Countdown timer becomes 1:50 - 30 seconds = remaining time 1:20 (This already more lenient than the current "2 player at extraction" = 1:00 countdown)

3nd Player reaches extraction 20 seconds later: Countdown timer becomes 1:00 - 30 seconds = remaining time 0:30

If 3 players were to already reach the extraction, then it clearly shows that the last player is lost somewhere, not being a team player or clearly playing Dora the Explorer by himself and should be punished by not getting the mission bonus/reward.

10)Conclusion

With all that said, I really like playing the game but grinding kappa/kiste 5000 times is too boring for me now(only thing I need is exp).

Will probably stick to Alertframe until there is a reason to play actively again.

Yeah, i agree the S#&$ out of you. Mostly... I don't agree with "Balancing out mission tiles" and the Mod idea on Reinforcements. I like the random tile positioning, keeps you on your toes and ensures kind of a diversity. And Mod idea every reinforcment is just insane, they'll have to come up with whole new mechanics every time they patch (Imagine they come with Hi-Jump mod. Now they have to check wether or not the higher jump is screwing the game over) this is unaceptable, let the new mods come every update, it's reasonable in a developer sense. What i do agree though is that some new weapon is a pretty weak way to keep my atention, it's just that mod ain't the solution. (How about new Enemies? Maybe new challenges?)

On 4: at least for me I've only gotten the 2-4 empty tiles till boss since the last update. It's mostly been happening on asteroid tilesets too, which leads me to believe the algorithm with the new zones is borked somehow.

It's made farming Ash a lot easier, I'll say that much.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

On 4: at least for me I've only gotten the 2-4 empty tiles till boss since the last update. It's mostly been happening on asteroid tilesets too, which leads me to believe the algorithm with the new zones is borked somehow.

It's made farming Ash a lot easier, I'll say that much.

And Vor, don't forget Vor. You can get him even faster now.

Yeah, i agree the S#&$ out of you. Mostly... I don't agree with "Balancing out mission tiles" and the Mod idea on Reinforcements. I like the random tile positioning, keeps you on your toes and ensures kind of a diversity. And Mod idea every reinforcment is just insane, they'll have to come up with whole new mechanics every time they patch (Imagine they come with Hi-Jump mod. Now they have to check wether or not the higher jump is screwing the game over) this is unaceptable, let the new mods come every update, it's reasonable in a developer sense. What i do agree though is that some new weapon is a pretty weak way to keep my atention, it's just that mod ain't the solution. (How about new Enemies? Maybe new challenges?)

Weapons being released now are just skin swaps with different speed/damages. It doesnt really add anything new to the gameplay.

They can and they will release tons of new mods in the future, but they are probably saving them for the big updates.

They need new mods to keep the game interesting, majority of the veteran players have gotten and maxed out everything.

New mechanics are what make games fun, can you imagine in games like diablo or borderlands they only had 2 stats for weapons.

+attack and +speed, nobody would play them.

This is the current state of Warframe now, all mods are either +damage or +"not really important misc" stat.

Absolutely nothing interesting about them, it does not give any sort of build diversity, the game is a no brainer..

Its easy to come up with new ones, you can grab ideas from so many other online games like diablo 3, path of exile and borderlands.

Life on hit, life steal, chance to ricochet, chance to fire rocket, chance to "insert self buff here" etc, the possibilities are almost endless.

High jump or double jump mod would be a nice addition to the game, it improves mobility which is a major part of the game.

Excal already has a high jump skill in case you were wondering, at max level he goes over 5x the normal jump height.

Random tile positioning is fine, what I was referring to are the spawns.

When I join a game I want to be able to kill stuff for exp, not run through 4-5 empty rooms to the boss room without seeing a single enemy from the start.

I understand that new types of weapons and enemies will take alot of time which is why I didnt really touch on those 2 topics.

They need to do the modelling to the animations which is very time consuming and the AI.

Most my suggestions can be done with a hotfix within a week and will improve the gameplay in my opinion.

Programmers will know, most of them are just changing numbers in an algorithm.

Even simple things like mission credit rewards can be done in an hour and is obviously unbalanced currently.

Changing number in algorithm is one thing.

How much it should be changed is another matter entirely.

One new mod variant per week. that's insane oO

You wanna kill devs from overworking?!

And has it ever occured to you that the spawning in Kappa/Kiste may be broken? cause there's the opposite problem in new defense maps...

I suggest you take advantage of it while it lasts...

The rest I kinda agree to some extent.

But don't forget Rome wasn't built in one day. The DE team's got a lot on his plate atm (Strict Nat issues, server overload, pages and pages of bug fixing...). First things first, there are a lot of more important issues to fix before working on details.

Changing number in algorithm is one thing.

How much it should be changed is another matter entirely.

I dont know how their management works, if they need to go into meetings with the bosses to decide on the changes.

Though things like mission credit rewards definitely need a change yet its been over a month now and no news.

3.5k in 2 mins for vor or 10-15 mins for 1k at lech kril, yeah, no.

One new mod variant per week. that's insane oO

You wanna kill devs from overworking?!

And has it ever occured to you that the spawning in Kappa/Kiste may be broken? cause there's the opposite problem in new defense maps...

I suggest you take advantage of it while it lasts...

The rest I kinda agree to some extent.

But don't forget Rome wasn't built in one day. The DE team's got a lot on his plate atm (Strict Nat issues, server overload, pages and pages of bug fixing...). First things first, there are a lot of more important issues to fix before working on details.

Tenno reinforcemens are not a weekly thing, some comes 2-3 weeks apart.

Some issues do not need to be addressed immedately, but like 50000 other players have said the credit issue is definitely a problem.

Vorframe anyone, DE themselves admitted the game to being Vorframe.

I can say this for the majority of the players that they do not want to play Vorframe, but if they dont then they are severely punished in terms of credit rewards and probably take x5 longer to build their next frame or weapon.

If they do not build their next wrframe or weapon then they are unable to progress through the ranks for mastery or upgrade their mods.

So they are forced back into Vorframe.

In the end everyone will be playing Vorframe with the exception of those with over 5M credits from Pre-U6.

It is a vicious cycle of boredem

I agree with most of what OP said.

This thread's suggestions are worth a look.

The suggestion of introducing new mods into the system might be a bit difficult because mods deal with sentinels, weapons and warframe attributes and there are only so many attributes (hp, shield, dmg, rate of fire, ammo .etc) that can be done.  However, that is not to to say it cannot be done but once a week might be too rushed.

The suggestion of "nightmare" and "hell" difficulty is something I won't agree on. This is only assuming you meant a mode where we get the same enemies but with higher HPs, shields and dmg (in other words high damage-dealing damage spongues). However, if you meant new tougher enemies that have a new set of AI, requiring a different method of approach to dispatch them, in these modes then it might be worth implementing.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I agree with most of what OP said.

This thread's suggestions are worth a look.

The suggestion of introducing new mods into the system might be a bit difficult because mods deal with sentinels, weapons and warframe attributes and there are only so many attributes (hp, shield, dmg, rate of fire, ammo .etc) that can be done.  However, that is not to to say it cannot be done but once a week might be too rushed.

The suggestion of "nightmare" and "hell" difficulty is something I won't agree on. This is only assuming you meant a mode where we get the same enemies but with higher HPs, shields and dmg (in other words high damage-dealing damage spongues). However, if you meant new tougher enemies that have a new set of AI, requiring a different method of approach to dispatch them, in these modes then it might be worth implementing.

New AI, tougher enemies and new faction/enemy types will surely be apart of the game whether anyone suggests them to DE or not.

A new level of difficulty is something the more hardcore players may want, since they like taking challenges.

If they made a new planet with increasingly difficult AI+enemies, the more casual players will start complaining about how difficult the game is.

Im sure you have seen the number of threads that appeared 3 patches ago when the enemies were stealth buffed, I havent seen such an uproar since the "soft reset" of U7.

I was one of the players who was actually fine with that patch and immediately took up the challenge and went to solo all the boss maps when it happened and still managed to complete all of them on the first try, without abusing "god mode" skills like iron skin, invis or snowglobe.

Also added 8) and 9) to 1st post.

Edited by chuuburg