The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin

Azawarau

Ive finally come to a decision on this power

Its absolutely worthless

QT tanking is much more energy efficient and scales

Iron skin doesnt last more than a few seconds

Its literally nothing but an easy mode tool for new users ._.

Iron skin is still more effective than many other warframe abilities out there, so just because it doesn't hold up against level 40+ doesn't mean that it deserves a buff.

Depends on your definition of effective

Regardless of other skills theres no doubt iron skin needs work

BTW Rework =/= buff

Adding more HP wont solve a thing

It was taken over by the other rhino thread

Alot of people seriously believe that 1200-2700 HP can beat 20-50% DR

Someone used the DR being lower than the DR trinity has as a reason as if its not ages lower right now

I cant even

I literally cannot even anymore

Iron skin sucks because a bugged mod is better?

No

Iron skin sucks because its a flat number and DR makes other things better

Frosts armor boost is more helpful than IS

Valkyrs armor is better

Trinity link and blessing Dr are better

QT with many frames is simply better than iron skin

1200 unarmored HP is near worthless

Youre right

For the .5-3 seconds that it stays up while youre casting it does ignore knockdowns and pulls

you can dodge like all other frames do, i do use rhino and i have no problem with iron skin, besides there are things called blind rage and intensify, a 2400 hp shield  last you long enough if you equip rush and sprint boost (and arcane vanguard if you have it), sure you can't go ham against lvl 50+ infested with melee weapons but i don't see why you should be able to

Iron skin sucks because a bugged mod is better?

QT was nerfed so many time the only way to make it viable again is using somethin can give you energy sustain AKA Rage+Heal and that will still fail becouse now everything can leech you energy....

Give it the same mechanics as the current NYX absorb, minus the blast upon destruction or deactivation. 

This works because Rhino would be able to take a couple of shots at high levels, but his energy would be toast eventually.

My problem with this is that it must not make levels 40-45 easy-mode(In terms of damage, they still are and forever will be until some interesting mechanics are put in place). Endless gamemode balancing is not something DE does, as they have stated in the past. 

Turbulence. Now that I think about it, it is a better version of Iron Skin basically. XD

Ah, yes I forgot about that. I use it to tank as zephyr all the time in T4S's, pretty reliable actually...

Hmmm... Super Jump? 

I think DE really needs to consider scaling things, which I don't recall them doing with anything ever. It makes every non-CC ability useless at high levels, but that should be a topic on it's own.

you can dodge like all other frames do, i do use rhino and i have no problem with iron skin, besides there are things called blind rage and intensify, a 2400 hp shield  last you long enough if you equip rush and sprint boost (and arcane vanguard if you have it), sure you can't go ham against lvl 50+ infested with melee weapons but i don't see why you should be able to

Itll be shot down before the animation ends

the only time you can use it is when your hiding

And when youre out on the field rhinos slow walking speed makes it much easier for him to be hit by enemies

At the same time with DR hell have a much higher effective HP, allowing himt o tank harder even under pressure and adding onto QTs layer of defense

QT was nerfed so many time the only way to make it viable again is using somethin can give you energy sustain AKA Rage+Heal and that will still fail becouse now everything can leech you energy....

Idk about you but any frame that plans to take it to 60 min + should have QT on or expect to be downed often unless youre camping hard or have a really good frost protecting the objective

Anything set at the games target lvl you dont really need QT for and likely wont be stagger locked if you do use it

If you'd like to have a constructive discussion, I would advise against hyperbole.

You know its true

Unless youre hiding that iron skin will go alone with some of your shields/hp before you even finish the animation

It uses more energy than just sticking to QT and staying mobile