The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Powers 14.5 Feedback

[DE]Momaw

Smite: 8/10

Worth using now. The radiation and knockdown makes this a great thing to throw at a swarm's heaviest goon. The forced puncture on secondary targets doesn't really feel productive though.  I think that's more an issue with the puncture proc just being pathetic than a problem with Smite at this point. Not the most powerful #1 in the game but pretty useful.

Hallowed Ground: 1/10

Nope. The defensive bonus isn't even noticeable and the damage is irrelevant except at very low levels.  From a meta perspective this is also the only power that Oberon has which needs duration to be effective, which leaves it in a bad place for advanced builds.   Remove and ignore.

Renewal: 4/10

Confusing. You still have to pay a lump of energy to get a lump of healing up front, but now it has a sustained cost for sustained healing, which removes status effects when a recipient is at full health. But it automatically turns off because...?  This power should remain engaged as long as the player wants for the sustained healing/proc removal.  Does not affect kubrows, which it should since other healing powers do.  Needs more polishing.

Reckoning: 6/10

The radiation effects on surviving targets is good but I honestly can't even tell if the Blind is working at all. Also the range on this power feels a little weak for an ultimate. I would gladly trade the health orbs for more range. Oby already has a more effective way to heal.

You know that Hallowed Ground removes and prevents against all procs, yes? That includes knockdown resist and most Eximus auras. As in, you can't be poisoned, slashed, or knocked down by Gunners, MOAs, and Ancients alike. I personally think it's a very good tool in his skill set. 

Hallowed Ground makes Oberon laugh at enemy CC, you need to do some better testing against Grineer and Infested before dismissing it.

Agree about the crappy armor boost, though, it should be much more substantial -- 50% of Oberon's total armor, not 20% of base. Really needs to spawn under his feet, too.

I was set on fire by Grineer Napalms...and knocked down tons...I can honestly say I wished there was 'someone' on my team that could put out the fire as I ran around as if I were flailing my arms in a panic.

But wait! There is a way! With patented Hallowed Ground technology, Oberon makes sure your knockdown and ignition woes are a thing if the past!

Here's the problem;  If you build for efficiency to get the most out of Smite, Renewal and Reckoning, then you murder the Hallow Ground's duration. Since this is a preventive rather than a reactive ability, you need to have it up and running BEFORE you take dangerous status effects or knockdowns. Which means you need to have it going constantly. Which means building for duration, which means you either have to give up the efficiency needed to spam his other powers.... or you have to give up the range to make Reckoning useful beyond arm's length. You can only maximize the capabilities of one or the other, and Reckoning is just plain better since CCing enemies to stop them from hurting you at all is preferable to stopping some of their dangerous effects when they hurt you.

This is what I meant by it not really working for advanced builds.

Here's the problem;  If you build for efficiency to get the most out of Smite, Renewal and Reckoning, then you murder the Hallow Ground's duration. Since this is a preventive rather than a reactive ability, you need to have it up and running BEFORE you take dangerous status effects or knockdowns. Which means you need to have it going constantly. Which means building for duration, which means you either have to give up the efficiency needed to spam his other powers.... or you have to give up the range to make Reckoning useful beyond arm's length. You can only maximize the capabilities of one or the other, and Reckoning is just plain better since CCing enemies to stop them from hurting you at all is preferable to stopping some of their dangerous effects when they hurt you.

This is what I meant by it not really working for advanced builds.

Just run Rage, dude. I've got him on only 40% efficiency and energy is no problem.

Besides, if you think Hallowed Ground is totally dependant on duration then you're not actually realising the merits of the proc protection.

I mean, sure, Hallowed Ground really needs to spawn under Oberons feet to be great, but even now with a little foresight you can toss it in front of yourself and tank several CC attempts that would otherwise be a pretty sticky fight.

I run Intensify, continuity, streamline, and a rank 2 fleeting. Leave out blind rage, Oberon is all about cc, buffs, and heals now; there's no need to mod him for damage. I only have 150 energy and I keep up with spamming powers just fine.

HG can totally be reactive, and I think it's one of his best abilities imo. If you see a group with scorpions and fire eximi headed your way, toss HG down and keep fighting - proc free, stun free, with a small boost to armor. That's freaking awesome. With the above mods you will have HG's standard duration which is plenty of time.

DE did the right thing in only allowing you to mod for one or the other, it forces people out of cookie cutter builds and really lets you mod for one style or the other.

I run Intensify, continuity, streamline, and a rank 2 fleeting. Leave out blind rage, Oberon is all about cc, buffs, and heals now; there's no need to mod him for damage. I only have 150 energy and I keep up with spamming powers just fine.

HG can totally be reactive, and I think it's one of his best abilities imo. If you see a group with scorpions and fire eximi headed your way, toss HG down and keep fighting - proc free, stun free, with a small boost to armor. That's freaking awesome. With the above mods you will have HG's standard duration which is plenty of time.

DE did the right thing in only allowing you to mod for one or the other, it forces people out of cookie cutter builds and really lets you mod for one style or the other.

Exactly. For example, I like Mirage, but everyone and their mother builds her with Power Strength and Power Duration. I mean, why wouldn't they? Mirage is a beast when using Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse in tandem, and the aforementioned traits just compliment those skills so well. There's the odd-few who mod for a range-Prism, but they are few and far in between.

Comparatively, you can build Oberon a vast number of different ways. Sure, that means he can never truly specialize in one trait without sacrificing another, but it means he can adopt to many situations according to circumstance and play style. And at the end of the day, I think that's awesome. 

Not sure if I would run Smite considering its a damage skill that will fall off, with some proc. If I want radiation procs then a well placed reckoning can solve that. I have to disagree with you there. 

Also Hallowed Ground is really good against infested and any enemy cc for that matter. You don't use it for the damage, you use it for the utility.  

i think the buff to the heal was nice but i really wish they just made it toggleable, instead making the healing formula to [[(base heal)(power strength)]/[1(duration)]] so that for huge heals you build power strength AND duration, for combat mage you take power strength and support you take duration, opening several buildpaths and more options. ATM i find his heal is still a little lackluster, to make it any good for more mid-high/high tier play it lasts around 4 seconds, but having it as JUST a toggle would make it better.

and as for hallowed ground i think having a strip with current use is a bit silly, circles are better for team play. Whilst this can be worked around with angling, i feel like a different shape could be more applicable?
definitely agree with spawn location [starting underneath him]

Edited by DarkArchon

i think the buff to the heal was nice but i really wish they just made it toggleable, instead making the healing formula to [[(base heal)(power strength)]/[1(duration)]] so that for huge heals you build power strength AND duration, for combat mage you take power strength and support you take duration, opening several buildpaths and more options. ATM i find his heal is still a little lackluster, to make it any good for more mid-high/high tier play it lasts around 4 seconds, but having it as JUST a toggle would make it better.

and as for hallowed ground i think having a strip with current use is a bit silly, circles are better for team play. Whilst this can be worked around with angling, i feel like a different shape could be more applicable?

definitely agree with spawn location [starting underneath him]

For Hallowed Ground, the strip as is us very useful for advancing on enemies under protection, but is too limiting. I made a suggestion for the best of both worlds here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/297509-hallowed-ground-aoe-u145-feedback-included/