The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks De For Oberon Buff... But My Problem Now Is Hydroid

Kaiser_Suoh

Eh.

He can. Be Hydroid is already a beast. modded up for Duration and damage, his Tentacle Thing and Water Arty can destroy. I've taken him to T4D Waves 30+ with ease. Tentacle Swarm is not to be under-estimated. Not in the least. It is at least Equal to Vaubans Vortex in terms of CC, while also able to do quite abit of damage to enemies and have a longer duration.  Can't cast multiple, nor can you suck up every enemy, but it usually kills them as fast as they take em. ANd it looks impressive.

I got Hydroid just to have him, was really surprised how much fun he was, and how useful he was.

My Hydroid complaints:

* Should regenerate health while in puddle form.

* Tentacle Swarm needs a serious reboot.  This power is annoying to your team, clumsy to use given that you can't re-cast it while it's active, and the "coverage" of the tentacles is totally random so you can end up with enemies wandering through it unharmed if RNGesus smiles on them.

My Hydroid complaints:

* Tentacle Swarm needs a serious reboot.  This power is annoying to your team, clumsy to use given that you can't re-cast it while it's active, and the "coverage" of the tentacles is totally random so you can end up with enemies wandering through it unharmed if RNGesus smiles on them.

Tentacles tend to spawn on enemies

If you use that to your advantage you can cover spots that enemies come from

My Hydroid complaints:

Try farming for Fleeting Expertise, cheap cast + short duration makes your tentacle swarm really useful since you can reposition it quickly and even spam it with little energy worries (it's one of those situations where slapping a corrupted mod on has absolutely no downsides at all).

Guest Tehnoobshow

My Hydroid complaints:

You think Tentacle Swarm is bad? Try using Zephyr's Tornado. The few enemies that do manage to wander into one of your only 4 tornadoes get thrown out immediately with little damage to health. At least Tentacle Swarm can actually kill things.

Hydroid is fine.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Did you know Valkyr has nearly four times the armor of Rhino*? Size doesn't matter.

*And no, I don't like Rhino. I'm not saying anything in defense of Rhino or asking for anything dealing with Rhino. I have to put this here because of how viciously the community will blindly jump on the mention of Rhino at times. The irony that this disclaimer is actually longer than my original post.