The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Stupid, Am I The Only One

Doomauculas

So the new event for Latron Wraith came out and I saw that there was a mission on earth. I ran this mission countless times trying to get 3k points for the final reward. After multiple HOURS of stratagizing and failed attempts i decided to look online to see how other people complete this mission.

LO BEHOLD other planets have this mission and give more points when you successfully excavate. Long story short... i feel stupid.

Edited by Doomauculas

So the new event for Latron Wraith came out and I saw that there was a mission on earth. I ran this mission countless times trying to get 3k points for the final reward. After multiple HOURS of stratagizing and failed attempts i decided to look online to see how other people complete this mission.

LONE BEHOLD other planets have this mission and give more points when you successfully excavate. Long story short... i feel stupid.

Nope, just like you I did Earth, but made it out though. It was a bitter sweet victory.

LONE BEHOLD other planets have this mission and give more points when you successfully excavate. Long story short... i feel stupid.

Stupid is not something I'd use, more like absent-minded, considering when you first get to 500 points you get a inbox message with your reward and saying that new excavation places, yielding greater gains are found on other planets. Learn to read people :D

I don't really understand how this has happened to so many people. The message you get once you get 500 points tells you that there are more missions on Phobos "In the meantime, I've transmitted the co-ordinates of a potentially more lucrative excavation site located in Phobos to you. You seem to have the hand of things now, perhaps you'll fair better there.".

And the message for 1,000 points tells you about the Europa mission as well.

Well, the first message doesn't say anything about how much of the stuff to get. And it doesn't really hint that there'll be additional locations. It just sorta points us to Earth, and the alert/event board over Navigation says 500, 1000, 3000... With that amount of information, I would've gone for a 3k run on Earth. Luckily, the PUG I was in had heard that you only needed 1k and then could go to Europa... So that's what we ended up doing.

My first excavation run ever was on earth and took rougly 1 and a half hours to get to 3000 points. By then i had already lost 2 teamates, one was my friend with 2k+ gameplay time and only a stroke of luck got us to 3000 which right before extraction he dced. And to be even more epic, the mission ended with grey screen following up by an alt+f4

Best game i've had in months