The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stat Comparison

BenzinNinJa

So I was just playing around with some new loadouts, just for ships and giggles... You know.

Then I noticed.

While modding a weapon, pros and cons, according to the initial state, are shown with colored numbers.

Like this:

sIOlsDE.png

When you equip a new weapon, you are also given a comparison, between your current weapon, and the one you're looking at.
This time the pros and cons of the stats are not colored. 

XmSkzHL.png

Why not have colored numbers on both?

An other thing that's been bugging me is, that the > sign, which I think is meant to be an arrow, hurts my eyes.
In the example above, all I see is a false statement that 10,8 is greater than 56.

Therefore I suggest that regardles of colored numbers being implemented, that the < signs are put in where they belong, while comparing stats between weapons.

the ">" is used as FROM > TO

Well yes, I realise that. It is also a way of saying, that the number before the sign, is greather than the number after. I'm sure you realise that as well.

If you look at the first image, they've actually gone ahead and made little pointy triangles, to indicate what goes where.

I'm simply suggesting consistency and improvement.

On the topic of this specific part of the UI, I would like to add two things:

- The total conclave rating goes down (from 736 to 696) but the conclave rating of the weapon itself is the same (stays 160). This is clearly a bug.

- When decreasing the reload time of a weapon, the number becomes red since it assumes a smaller value. This is an interesting choice, since diminishing the reload time is always a good thing and I would have it in green instead.

The one at the root of Arsenal and for the Equip comparison should be deprecated in favor of the new.  The old one is suffering from alignment and stats order issues since U14.  

Btw It used to compare modded vs vanilla, now it's changed to only between vanillas, so I would still give them credit for the fix, but it needs to be upgraded.