Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Forma Hate?

FATEdPondera

I've gotten that before. To be fair, it's a pretty common BP if you do lots of void. But I personally like having a bunch, just wish they didn't take that orokin cell, I can never provide enough of those.

I has lephantis drop four cells for me once. You could try grinding ODAs

The problem is that using Forma offers no variety. You forma the item, level it up to 30. Rinse and repeat 4-5 more times.

It doesn't mask the boring reality of the hard grind. When you're farming enemies for a certain drop, you at least feel like you're doing something important. Forma just makes it all too clear that you're wasting your time on a video game, especially when you realize that all you're doing is adding a little symbol on your mod page so you can give it more damage.

-

Formas used to drop like candy for me in the Void, but the other week I ran 35 T1-3 Captures and while I got a bunch of credits, I only got a single Forma out of that nonsense.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

The problem is that using Forma offers no variety. You forma the item, level it up to 30. Rinse and repeat 4-5 more times.

It doesn't mask the boring reality of the hard grind. When you're farming enemies for a certain drop, you at least feel like you're doing something important. Forma just makes it all too clear that you're wasting your time on a video game, especially when you realize that all you're doing is adding a little symbol on your mod page so you can give it more damage.

-

Formas used to drop like candy for me in the Void, but the other week I ran 35 T1-3 Captures and while I got a bunch of credits, I only got a single Forma out of that nonsense.

But you're still doing the grinding regardless. I personally can't stand the idea of wasted experience. Im also one of those kinds of people who are always experimenting with the most powerful builds. Those combinations of mods are not always possible with the standard amount of mod points.

It's the whole process of becoming stronger. Like in Diablo 2, I used to love watching that exp bar fill up. Was it a grind? yes. The devs went out of their way to make it even more of one. But it's still just as enjoyable back then as it is now.

people don't hate them, its just at that certain point in time/mission they are not looking for it but looking for something else. With you bailing out for a forma while the rest is after something else, they see it as their odds of getting said item dropped. Losing 1/4 of the groups productivity can be hard for the rest of the group in later waves.

Now I dunno how long you guys were in the T4 def but if its in the later waves where you feel it would be foolish to continue on, I would leave at the first sign of a good reward too.

well Im close to using my 250th forma :3
they give me something to do in the game and I "get to know" some weapons, which I though were usless and mastery fodder
I mean dont tell me that an unformad sybaris is able to hit 20k per bullet. tis all about dat forma.

cus....

Forma is love, Forma is life

I hate Forma when I'm specifically looking for something other than Forma, and I appreciate Forma when I'm specifically leveling gear.

It's a vicious cycle I tell you what. I don't see a reason why we should belittle others celebrating the acquisition of Forma though.

people don't hate them, its just at that certain point in time/mission they are not looking for it but looking for something else. With you bailing out for a forma while the rest is after something else, they see it as their odds of getting said item dropped. Losing 1/4 of the groups productivity can be hard for the rest of the group in later waves.

Now I dunno how long you guys were in the T4 def but if its in the later waves where you feel it would be foolish to continue on, I would leave at the first sign of a good reward too.

We made it to wave 20. The one who insulted me took off at wave 15 for a frame part. It was starting to get really difficult to defend the pod, so we agreed to get out first chance we got.

And what was the wave 20 reward? Forma. Looks like RNGesus does have a sense of humor.

But you're still doing the grinding regardless. I personally can't stand the idea of wasted experience. Im also one of those kinds of people who are always experimenting with the most powerful builds. Those combinations of mods are not always possible with the standard amount of mod points.

It's the whole process of becoming stronger. Like in Diablo 2, I used to love watching that exp bar fill up. Was it a grind? yes. The devs went out of their way to make it even more of one. But it's still just as enjoyable back then as it is now.

My point is that it's not the grind itself that people hate, but what goes into the grind. If people hated grind they wouldn't be playing this game in the first place, or they would have quit after Month 1 (and plenty of players do that). When you're grinding in Diablo 2, you're running around in the game world killing stuff. It's meaningless, but at least you feel like  you're cleansing the world of demons or whatever. When you ding, you get to spend a skill point that gives your character more utility, more damage, etc.

Forma is similar, but I think it's soulless because you start from the bottom alllll over again each time. With traditional grinding, you're only getting better with each level.

I have forma'd my boar prime and Phage 5 times each (soon to be 6) and they both do multiple thousand points of elemental combo damage, high levels of punch through, and sport shotgun ammo mutations. Forma are clear paths of progression and without them, exp goes completely to waste.

So, tell me, internet.... whats the deal? Have we reached a point where players hate the time honored tradition of levelling up and acquiring high level gear?

LOL... 5 times formad Phage? One potato and 3 formas is enough and you get max out from Phage.So maybe you shouldnt forma Phage 6 times :D

I am a compulsive forma user.

I burn through forma faster than I could build them.

My clan mates and friends could attest to this.

Even Mirage has 3 forma on her and my sunika currently have 3 forma but I am adding another 3 to max out all the mods.

The thing about forma is either you love it or hate it. There is no middle ground.

The haters will grumble about relevelling a certain item again and again (if you are pumping more than one forma which is a given unless it is a Loki Prime, which only needs 1 forma, by the way).

The forma lovers (like myself and Darzk) will attest to the power of forma on any gear. I can bring ember prime into T4 survival and not only survive for 55 minutes easily but also top the scoreboard with only an Ignis.

Forma lovers will agree with me that builds without forma feels constricting and you will be sacrificing too much potential by not having forma'd gear.

Forma on gears is only done by hardcore players whom most likely have a lot of maxed mods. They couldn't possibly fit in all the maxed mods when only 60 points is available since serration is 14 points, heavy caliber at 16 and split chamber is 15. These 3 essential mods alone takes up three quarters of your mod allowance on gears without free polarities.

Please understand that there are a lot of casual players out there who are just enjoying the game by exploring the different weapons and frames that Warframe have to offer. Not many players would be willing to go an hour into T4 survival as it is a time consuming process (the time it takes to properly forma gears and also the time spent playing hour long survivals).