Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Leaderboards

Stakhanov

I'm not sure if I'm in a boat all by myself here, but I feel this could be a thing.

I understand the game is growing pretty nicely now with some pretty meaty challenges; even my maxed out frames and weapons find difficulty in chewing through some of the new enemies that have come into prominence lately. But I feel that anything that people can compete with each other on a friendly level is always a bonus in a game like WarFrame.

Weapon Leaderboards.

I feel like this wouldn't be difficult to implement, as every kill you get with a weapon is recorded and displayed on your profile anyway, but why not compare everyone in the world together? Who has the most kills with the Gorgon this week? How many players have gnashed their way through enough Infested to reach the top of the Soma board?

I'm telling you, if this was a thing, I would have no problems revisiting my eight forma'd MK1 Braton and grinding myself out some good old fashioned kills to strive for that number 1. Granted some of the boards will be a bit more frantic than others; the Soma will probably be nearing the half a mil by now, but I think this will add a layer of "Friendly competition".

I even tried to do this idea myself with a fansite I made back in the day until my provider changed their terms and made the feature I used to run the board premium only. It was very well recieved with those who visited the page.

In short;

a leaderboard for kills with each and every weapon in the game, obviously organised into catagories. This would be weekly, daily, monthly, all time, whatever works.

I'd say an All time should be a thing at least :P

Elitist or not, it's still optional if you'd like to try and go for them every week/all time. I remember the removal of the the kills leaderboard; I bagged a bronze during that time... But I feel that liking a weapon, you should have something to at least show off your prowess for it!

You quoted a reason. 

"Getting through specific conditions for meaningless achievement."

That's what leaderboards are for. That's what are current ones do. And that reason doesn't even come close to matching the definition of elitist. So I present the question from my previous post 'Why would leaderboards be elitist?' 

That's what leaderboards are for. That's what are current ones do. And that reason doesn't even come close to matching the definition of elitist. So I present the question from my previous post 'Why would leaderboards be elitist?' 

"The term elitism is also sometimes used to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others."

How can being high on leaderboards for very specific conditions be called other than "claiming to possess high abilities"??

"The term elitism is also sometimes used to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others."

How can being high on leaderboards for very specific conditions be called other than "claiming to possess high abilities"??

Did you even read the definition your are posting? What extra privelages are these people granting themselves, and at whose expense?

Please re-read the definition you just posted. Or just read Yirktos' post.

and this time dont miss "or" placed there.

The term elitism is also sometimes used to denote situations in which {(a group of people claiming to posses high abilities) OR [simply an (in-group) OR (cadre)]} grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others.

i'm for anything with a leaderboard, especially overall, i was one of the annoyed people when they removed the all time kill lists.

but i support leaderboards in all their forms, they definately make me keep playing. i spent an a good extra 2 years on a game because i didn't want to lose my spot .. lol.

You quoted a reason. 

"Getting through specific conditions for meaningless achievement."

Bro i hate to break it to you but you just described every game in exsistance. People play games to get the feeling of achievement regardless of whether or not it has any meaning in reality. By definition of playing a game you are going through specific meaningless actions for meaningless acheivement. If you have a problem with leaderboards dont look at them. Personally i think it would be awesome to have a leader board like that it would give me reason to use my 5 forma soma and grak, and all my other ridiculous forma weapons.