Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary Fire And Weapon Idea For It

Tubsie

The secondary fire (aim button), is usually the aim. Except like in Penta. I would like to see more of this secondary fire utilized. So here is a little idea of a weapon for it. Figured that the game is kinda missing a grenade launcher. I don't really count the Torid as one, due to the small area of effect, but otherwise the Torid is fun to use. The weapon would have a dual firing mechanism.

The main purpose of this weapon would be crowd control. It's effects would be similar to the Oberon's hallowed ground before the patch, damaging enemies in a wide area at corridors and objectives, preventing them from doing their thing. If the heat procs, it would set the enemies aflame, increasing it's crowd control ability. This would be very useful in defense type of missions, due to the large AoE.

The plasma launcher/cannon would have to be pretty large. Grenade chambers underneath it (or some new cool reload mechanism like in Boar Prime, the roll reload). Normally, it would fire a grenade which would detonate automatically after about 0.5 seconds on the ground. If it would directly hit the target, it would stagger them. If it would hit the head, perhaps knock them down. When the grenade detonates, you would really feel and hear it. AoE explosion sound, shrapnel flying from the grenade, blue hued tiny plasma particles rising from the area where it exploded, along with some gas effects, corroding and burning enemies away. Since gas can spread further than explosion, the AoE could be around 7-10 meters. It would have a proc chance of 15-20% base. Perhaps corrosive as normal base damage type. The plasma cloud would linger for about 6-8 seconds, enemies able to take the corrosive proc each second.

Now the secondary fire is where it gets interesting. If you would hold down your right mouse button for a little moment (like 1.5-2 seconds), the weapon would start to charge and the mechanics changing in the weapon would clearly be seen as the parts move around. Once the parts have finished moving around, it would now instead be a cannon instead of a damaging grenade launcher. The firing mechanism of the cannon would shoot a large plasma ball/blob with high velocity forwards. At the moment of impact, the blob would fragment into little pieces on to the ground, creating an area where the enemies are slowed (perhaps around 50% slow?). The damage in this secondary fire mode would be less, due to the slow effect, but would be useful when you need to give your team some more time and hold back incoming group of enemies. Also, it could consume 3 ammo per shot instead of just one, so you would need to plan your shots more carefully due to launchers having 20 ammo capacity. The area of slow would linger around for about 6-8 seconds. Why not just use the secondary fire as a straightforward mechanic to the blob? I would think it would cause the weapon to be not so balanced. You would be able to spam both weapon modes without any waiting time, which would not be good.

This would give 2 options for the same weapon. Will you damage the enemies as they come at you, or will you slow them down instead with not so much damage applied? Also, i'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice if the proc chance would be increased for the cannon/slow AoE secondary fire, since the damage is decreased. Slow + electrical proc for example would keep the enemies at bay pretty well. This would only have 1 round in the clip, and would have to reload after each firing time, so you can't just spam wide areas instantly. Also the reload could be around 2.3 seconds or so.

Something similar-ish to this: http://webdesign.ger...PM_Boomshot.png

Post here what other kind of secondary firing mechanisms you'd like to see in the game.

*reads topic*

*Reads its actually about a grenade launcher*

*First sentence already named the grenade launcher*

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NOOBS HAVE TO KNOW THIS!??!?!?! THE PENTA IS A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CYzXRyZ.jpg

But a blob grenade launcher is like saying you want a pentaXquanta mix, shoot explosive balls, with explosive energy blobs.

Edited by 9tailboy

I actually like the idea ... but it would be more useful to actually add some "special" guns to high ranked players for example:

A rifle with a small shotgun alternative blast (in case you get cornered)

A assault rifle with attached (smaller) grenade launcher (not in any op way like the pentha)

The ignis could also create a small napalm area as secondary mode etc...

But the hard problem is to make the ammo type changeable too .... so if you change to grenade launcher mode it has only 20 greandes etc...

-Yes i do have the quantas but they are honestly very awkward to use ... i know it sounds maybe a bit "mainstream" but i think that rifle/Grenade combo guns are really cool and its something warframe lacks a bit till today

Edited by Severuslanskerr

*reads topic*

*Reads its actually about a grenade launcher*

*First sentence already named the grenade launcher*

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NOOBS HAVE TO KNOW THIS!??!?!?! THE PENTA IS A GRENADE LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CYzXRyZ.jpg

But a blob grenade launcher is like saying you want a pentaXquanta mix, shoot explosive balls, with explosive energy blobs.

Yeah i kinda forgot Penta...however you're wrong too. Grenade launcher is something where the grenade explodes directly after the shot, pipe bomb launcher would be more accurate as you can manually detonate them after shooting. Kinda like in TeamFortress. So sorry for my "serious" mistake there. xd