The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turbulence Nerf, Or Falloff?

Terrornaut

It seems like its lost its effectiveness, or maybe I'm just noticing the random variable bullets-might-get-through more because I've been playing a lot of Excavation and going against level 30+ mobs

Does it just falloff and more shots get through the higher enemies go? No good if an iffy defensive skill doesn't scale any.

Are you using any range mods?  Max stretch or Overextended should do you good, I prefer Overextended.  I never use both, personally.

Also it does deflect grenades.  If any enemy throws a grenade at you it will be deflected far away enough that you don't have to worry about getting hit.  The only concern is if you're moving and happen to run into the range of an exploding 'nade.

Turbulence doesn't become any less effective.  With range and duration it makes Zephyr practically unkillable.  Projectiles should never be an issue.  Just avoid melee and don't linger in high places above enemies that can still shoot at you, because turbulence's protective zone isn't spherical.

Are you using any range mods?  Max stretch or Overextended should do you good, I prefer Overextended.  I never use both, personally.

Also it does deflect grenades.  If any enemy throws a grenade at you it will be deflected far away enough that you don't have to worry about getting hit.  The only concern is if you're moving and happen to run into the range of an exploding 'nade.

Turbulence doesn't become any less effective.  With range and duration it makes Zephyr practically unkillable.  Projectiles should never be an issue.  Just avoid melee and don't linger in high places above enemies that can still shoot at you, because turbulence's protective zone isn't spherical.

I would mention here that while it can deflect projectiles like napalm shots or rockets it is possible, due to randomness, that they get deflected right at your feet.

Personally the larger the radius, the safer you are from hit scan weapons (in my experience at least).

But it does have a weakness that there is a blind spot where a shorter range Turbulence can block but an OE + stretch build that is unable to do so.

Again in my experience anyway.

Of course a large radius lets you physically block objectives like Void cryopods, barring excessive heavy gunners, fusion moas that go up to your face and ancients of course. 

During one dojo session I tried Turbulence while under the effects of Bullet Attractor.

Bullets still got through. Turbulence is not that effective.

Bullet attractor dude.....

During one dojo session I tried Turbulence while under the effects of Bullet Attractor.

Bullets still got through. Turbulence is not that effective.

Bullet attraction...

I think, it convert shots into hit-scan regardless if there's obstacle in-between

I've noticed that high level grineer often shred right through it, and even stop caring that it's on late in the survival game.

Yes, they are doing more damage, I get that, but I went 25 minutes in survival without a single shot going through, then somewhere around 30-45 minutes they start to hit you, then by 60 minutes they hit almost every shot with their hinds/grakatas.

Probably has something to do with scaling accuracy and hit scan projectiles.

Against corpus, that's a different story entirely.

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii