The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Form A Sort Of Solar Government? Thoughts?

Abenoki

V is the only clan I like, mainly because they can hold their own and pay a lot of money to us during conflict(much more than sechura would ever make), plus alliances like synergy, orion, etc., they keep attacking each other because(I'm not supposed to reveal their secret but I really hate them), they are basically attacking each other so noone else can, smart right? NO!!! Its coward-like and stupid, I wish they all went down.

I think DS is fine as it is, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK V! AND KEEP PAYING US TONS OF MONEY!!!

As for prices being set by these companies, yes they do have the ability to do so for the most part as they please (to some degree) they do so with potential repercussion which doesnt exist when you can block competition entirely. NEVER once did I say they had to have no taxes, etc.  ANYWHERE so you're arguing a point i didnt bring up in the OP. The whole problem here is that there isnt a way for new alliances to put up a fight  due to Rail blocking (which is very apparent if you look at the conflict history)

They are free to set taxes within reason, and free to control nodes, but do you really think its fair no other alliances can enter the fray?

Everyone has the same chance and opportunity to be first. You just have to take the initiative. They are competing the same as you to start a rail conflict. So no, it's perfectly fair. I'd have to suggest to be more proactive when deploying.

Everyone has the same chance and opportunity to be first. You just have to take the initiative. They are competing the same as you to start a rail conflict. So no, it's perfectly fair. I'd have to suggest to be more proactive when deploying.

The problem is that even if a rail is deployed it is VERY unlikely you will win the shear amount of resources these alliances have due to the stranglehold they have on the system. Competition doesnt exist currently in Dark sectors like it supposed to.

The problem is that even if a rail is deployed it is VERY unlikely you will win the shear amount of resources these alliances have due to the stranglehold they have on the system. Competition doesnt exist currently in Dark sectors like it supposed to.

Have you tried?

400 people 100 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 12 hours 
800 people 200 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 6 hours 
1600 people 400 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 3 hours 
3200 people 800 teams of 4. and you take the rail down to 0% in 1.5 hours 

Now you know what you need. I hope to see you on the battle field. 

Well we're missing a couple things.

A) no way to legislate

B) no oversight for rail conflicts

C) no (effective) way to break strangleholds

Agreed on these, if DE wants us to govern things ourselves we really need to be given the tools to do so. Right now the addition of Dark Sectors just gave a select few an obnoxious amount of resources and thats it, it was supposed to be fun and add some political intrigue but we dont have the ability to turn it into that with the way it is now. 

Have you tried?

I dont have an alliance so the likelihood of me amassing enough people myself is low xP even at the bottom tier listed. I stated in another post I have a small clan, Ghost clan in fact and we had stayed out of DS for the most part till recently.

Edited by Echoa

Agreed on these, if DE wants us to govern things ourselves we really need to be given the tools to do so. Right now the addition of Dark Sectors just gave a select few an obnoxious amount of resources and thats it, it was supposed to be fun and add some political intrigue but we dont have the ability to turn it into that with the way it is now. 

Well the problem is we've been given a battlefield, but no way to resolve those conflicts outside of said battlefield other than rail blocking.

I also don't think it's possible to have a democratic alliance, due to the hierarchical nature of clan ranks.

I dont have an alliance so the likelihood of me amassing enough people myself is low xP even at the bottom tier listed. I stated in another post I have a small clan, Ghost clan in fact. 

Has anyone REALLY tried?

Still on topic, how does this work? Tally up votes? How long do people have seats for? How do we get them out? It's entirely possible that DE is working on a system like this. I wouldn't like it...but that's a different story.

Has anyone REALLY tried?

Still on topic, how does this work? Tally up votes? How long do people have seats for? How do we get them out? It's entirely possible that DE is working on a system like this. I wouldn't like it...but that's a different story.

Couldnt tell you if anyone has

As for how it would work, that would be a community discussion to setup the system. Its not something that would be easy to setup immediately.

Well the problem is we've been given a battlefield, but no way to resolve those conflicts outside of said battlefield other than rail blocking.

I also don't think it's possible to have a democratic alliance, due to the hierarchical nature of clan ranks.

Sure it is possible, clan ranks are just like being promoted or elected but it entirely depends on how you run your individual clan.

You could also treat clan leaders as the representatives for the given clan

PS. Thank you for thhe good replies and points. I want to keep this thread a positive discussion on the DS and ways either we as a community could improve it or DE. My OP was just and idea to start with.

Edited by Echoa

Sure it is possible, clan ranks are just like being promoted or elected but it entirely depends on how you run your individual clan.

One person always has ultimate authority though.

Anyways, here's a rough structure I just thought up for a democratic alliance. 

Each clan would get one vote, and any clan could propose a movement. The clan that proposed the movement cannot vote. Each clan then has to decide yay or nay and the outcome is decided.

The problem this runs into is there's nothing stopping clans from forming voting blocs, so something like this would require mutual agreement to not interfere with votes, as well as agreement to always vote and carry out the result of the vote whether you supported it or not. It would be a massive undertaking to get something like this running, and you'd need some massive funding to capture rails in the beginning.

Each clan would get one vote, and any clan could propose a movement. The clan that proposed the movement cannot vote. Each clan then has to decide yay or nay and the outcome is decided.

The problem this runs into is there's nothing stopping clans from forming voting blocs, so something like this would require mutual agreement to not interfere with votes, as well as agreement to always vote and carry out the result of the vote whether you supported it or not. It would be a massive undertaking to get something like this running, and you'd need some massive funding to capture rails in the beginning.

This is pretty much one of the ideas I had for a Democratic alliance

and yes it would most definitely be a huge undertaking on the part of those involved, but I would assume that if one put out that idea and people joined then they would be down for doing that kind of work for it (assuming).

Couldnt tell you if anyone has

As for how it would work, that would be a community discussion to setup the system. Its not something that would be easy to setup immediately.

Make it a Community Hot Topic? Twice a month. 

A new person can be voted in once a month. A person can only have a seat for two months. Then they have to reapply and be elected again.

I tried being a democratic alliance. Ended up not working and I left. Way too many people doing things they shouldn't be doing.

The more I think about it the more it reminds me of the Scared Straight program. Just one of those things that sound nice on paper, but it really isn't effective. It "feels" like it works, but after examining it, it doesn't.

Make it a Community Hot Topic? Twice a month. 

A new person can be voted in once a month. A person can only have a seat for two months. Then they have to reapply and be elected again.

I tried being a democratic alliance. Ended up not working and I left. Way too many people doing things they shouldn't be doing.

The more I think about it the more it reminds me of the Scared Straight program. Just one of those things that sound nice on paper, but it really isn't effective. It "feels" like it works, but after examining it, it doesn't.

Really depends on the people involved and how commited they are to doing it and doing it right. 

btw Scared straight never even sounded good on paper imo lol

Edited by Echoa