Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth? Not So Chill Edition

Krogothian

Spent 4 Formas on it even before the buff and it was good, and yes I know not everyone wants to spend 4 Formas on everything but golly gee wiz. It was powerful.

It has never been good. Anything less than 10k dps on a limited range weapon is just worthless. 

Ignis is a limited range weapon with inherent AoE that pass through cover. The comparison is not there. The Ignis is its own beast, and has no contender other than the knobby scrap of fail that is the... I forget what that pistol is called, it's so awful. Embolist! ... Ah, gahd, even the NAME is lame.

Ignis is a limited range weapon with inherent AoE that pass through cover. The comparison is not there. The Ignis is its own beast, and has no contender other than the knobby scrap of fail that is the... I forget what that pistol is called, it's so awful. Embolist! ... Ah, gahd, even the NAME is lame.

Fix the embolists range a bit and its perfect. Thing just destroys large groups of... well... anything.

Love the embolist.

It has never been good. Anything less than 10k dps on a limited range weapon is just worthless. 

Took down some pretty tough enemies with it. Maybe not 50s but 40s and under didn't stand much of a chance.

Also: Eclipse, the goddess that makes everything OP, but I stopped after the 4th.

This video will unfortunately fall under DE's radar, and they will leave it at trash tier for the longest time. Thought, I agree it does need some changes, especially percentage-based ammo restoration. However, I don't want a damage buff for this weapon, but instead a way to make it a reliable form of CC since we really don't have (m?)any of those sitting around.

No point in advertising your video or channel complaining about things.

It will fall upon deaf ears on this communities board.

I wouldn't say he's advertising his channel. This is the feedback section, and I think feedback in the form of a video is completely acceptable. He doesn't have "LOLOL SUBSCREEB 4 MOAR MEINCRAFT N WAFRAM N DUNT 4GIT2LIK K BY" at the end of the video, which is very respectable. He wanted to give his thoughts, and got those thoughts across.

This video will unfortunately fall under DE's radar, and they will leave it at trash tier for the longest time. Thought, I agree it does need some changes, especially percentage-based ammo restoration. However, I don't want a damage buff for this weapon, but instead a way to make it a reliable form of CC since we really don't have (m?)any of those sitting around.

I wouldn't say he's advertising his channel. This is the feedback section, and I think feedback in the form of a video is completely acceptable. He doesn't have "LOLOL SUBSCREEB 4 MOAR MEINCRAFT N WAFRAM N DUNT 4GIT2LIK K BY" at the end of the video, which is very respectable. He wanted to give his thoughts, and got those thoughts across.

He definitely has a photogenic voice for this sort of thing.

A lot of Youtube personalities don't.

I don't even monetize my videos. I literally just do it because I enjoy it. 

Really makes me question what's going on tbh. Like additional buffs to Grakata's ammo capacity->head scratch. How exactly does that solve the ammo issues it has? If a weapon consumes massive amounts of ammo, increasing the ammo capacity merely prolongs the inevitable. Inefficient high RoF weapons are bound to have ammo issues.  Just don't design them that extreme.

It would have been acceptable if maybe it came with built in ammo mutation or something like an innate 9th mod. Granted, even that probably wouldn't help enough-but it would be a unique step forward vs just doubling the dmg/shot and halving the RoF.  

Really makes me question what's going on tbh. Like additional buffs to Grakata's ammo capacity->head scratch. How exactly does that solve the ammo issues it has? If a weapon consumes massive amounts of ammo, increasing the ammo capacity merely prolongs the inevitable. Inefficient high RoF weapons are bound to have ammo issues.  Just don't design them that extreme.

It would have been acceptable if maybe it came with built in ammo mutation or something like an innate 9th mod. Granted, even that probably wouldn't help enough-but it would be a unique step forward vs just doubling the dmg/shot and halving the RoF.  

Fix ammo drop to be % based and all problems are fixed. 

Fix ammo drop to be % based and all problems are fixed. 

The thought did cross my mind. But this would be changing base game mechanics vs just this weapons design, which is a much larger argument that affects everything. For example, the recent nerf to to explosion weapons would take yet another massive nerf-like a real nerf imo.

High RoF secondaries can be a lot of fun but run out of ammo very very quickly.  Their not even extremely high sustained dps weapons to make up for it. If each weapon had it's own special ammo pick up coefficent (or be % based with max ammo capacity modified to all weapons), I think the game as a whole could become a lot more healthy. Ex: Lex and Marelok's coef would remain x1 but twin vipers would get a x3 to x5 (didn't put too much thought into actual number-merely example as specific numbers I come up with would be meaningless >.>).

Perhaps you were merely referring to this weapon. That of course isn't as large of an argument. It could also lead to a massive outcry of everyone wanting their favorite ammo hog to get a substantial ammo pickup buff and even more QQ threads.

Either way, I'm all for it.

Edited by Quizel

The thought did cross my mind. But this would be changing base game mechanics vs just this weapons design, which is a much larger argument that affects everything. For example, the recent nerf to to explosion weapons would take yet another massive nerf-like a real nerf imo.

High RoF secondaries can be a lot of fun but run out of ammo very very quickly.  Their not even extremely high sustained dps weapons to make up for it. If each weapon had it's own special ammo pick up coefficent (or be % based with max ammo capacity modified to all weapons), I think the game as a whole could become a lot more healthy. Ex: Lex and Marelok's coef would remain x1 but twin vipers would get a x3 to x5 (didn't put too much thought into actual number-merely example as specific numbers I come up with would be meaningless >.>).

Perhaps you were merely referring to this weapon. That of course isn't as large of an argument. It could also lead to a massive outcry of everyone wanting their favorite ammo hog to get a substantial ammo pickup buff and even more QQ threads.

Either way, I'm all for it.

A flat 10-20% would work in theory. Plus altering every weapon on a case by case basis in total would take more time than doing it just once across the board. 

A flat 10-20% would work in theory. Plus altering every weapon on a case by case basis in total would take more time than doing it just once across the board. 

Yeah, for moving forward it would be a fine solution for this weapon and future released weapons.  

Just wouldn't do anything for some of the older weapons that deserve more ammo like some of the secondary smg's.  If such a change was made, boosting each weapons or nerfing each weapons maximum ammo would be in order. Not the easiest of tasks as inefficient high RoF weapons are suppose to have ammo issues. The dps of these weapons usually isn't anything special either so the maximum capacity should be fairly great. But how great? The world may never know.

As for the Ogris atm, 20% of 20 is 4 ammo per pickup >.>. They could create a rule that the new ammo pickup values will only work to the players benefit. IDK

Anyway enough ranting, if done right, a change to the ammo pickup amount could be a positive step forward in the game.