Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effects Make Eyes Hurt

Datasaur

Save the kittens. And my eyes.

I'm playing infested defence mission and a Banshee sneakily joins the fight. Suddenly my entire screen lights up with green madness stronger than the sun. And my eyes scream in agony. I have turned bloom off but some abilities still seem excessively bright. Is there a way to turn this down to managable levels? My eyes seriously hurt to the point I think it might be dangerous.

Here's what Banshee's Sound Quake ability looks like for an ally. Lasts forever too. Bloom off, dynamic colors off, color correction off, contrast turned down and on a mission that isn't too dark. How many kittens was sacrificed to produce that light?

8pdIwoo.jpg?1

Edited by Datasaur

During infested people will lean closer to the screen because its darker and hard to see. So try to stay a reasonable distance away so you don't strain your eyes.

For the computer setting take all effects off and play around with brightness( this will increase your fps rate which can make for smoother gameplay as well). I had the same problem too but after doing it its not bad at all. To ease the eye strain after you finish every mission just look at an object that is kinda far away from you and rapidly blink for about 5 sec that will reset your eyes.

Agreed. I play Nyx and especially her 1 ability I close my eyes now when I cast it because it's so bright.

Exactly this. Everytime you hit 1 you get a full second of this:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559844831506657654/CD79700BB3CB1BCAEB12790EB231F2E2F1778BF4/

That's with bloom OFF. It really is bothersome. Only way to avoid it is to do a 180 with the camera away from whatever you're casting on.

Apparently its only a tiny bit of light for the banshee, but woe betide the teammates....

Exactly. Banshee gets a cozy bedlight while the allies are blinded. Why not give us all that cozy light and enjoy the show. But no,  we have to suffer like vampires being dragged out into sunlight.

Here I am standing on other side of room. There is no escape, the light will find you and destroy you!

2013_04_25_00002.jpg

We should have an "Intensity" slider for effects in the future.

I personally love the over the top effects in this game, but I can see how it would bother some if not most people.

Making a slider wouldn't be to much to ask I suppose?

i can't imagine any game shipping with giant bloom effects for so many skills. it'd be cool if they were placeholders but they probably aren't. someone got paid real life US dollars to paint every single persons screen bright red for world on fire and teal for soundquake etc