Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TRINITY is useless as support.

nzzero

I mainly play Trinity, and I definitely see her as a frame for bosses. Her abilities seem to less effective against anything else. Except some of the champion variety enemies. Like Heavy Gunners or Ancient type enemies. She is practically useless versus Corpus, since all their units are weak and die rather fast.

A little bit of an odd scenario, since this is a support class. Things clearly need refining.

I hate the traditional MMO ethos of "tank", "dps", "support", etc.

I blame EverQuest.

Yeah you know what, F*** you Everquest, reducing and minimizing the strategic and tactical variety of online games for almost a decade and a half.

I like non-conformist emergent gameplay like this. Holy S#&$, support class is a tank! MIND=BLOWN

Good. I'm going to try that setup, and I'm going to rock as Trin. It's all just a matter of if I can rock more than those silly Volts and Excallies and Rhinos running around. Like someone else said, I like Trin being an exclusive club.

OK yeah yeah, I still think her skills need some work, but I think all frames should be capable of fulfilling all roles in solo and multiplayer, just in different capacities. I like the sideways thinking of the guys who came up with Trin's skillset, they just need tweaking.

Agree with all. The problem with the Trinity at the moment is that enemies die to quickly for energy vampire and well of life to be useful. Link doesn't last long enough and again, enemies die too quickly. The Trinitys current skill set is only useful vs bosses. Ultimate is fine (if a little overpowered, 100 energy doesn't cost much).

The problem is that the game isn't really hard enough (even on pluto) for the Trinity to be useful, a reduction in shield/increase in HP/increase in effectiveness of armor would greatly help. The only thing I really use on Trinity is the 4th ability when someones been hit, because by the time it's needed again I'm back to 100 energy.

I'd suggest skill one swaps to either a targeted channeled heal or an targeted instant heal, rather than just dropping a health orb. The Trinity needs to be able to assist specific targets quickly to be a proper support. A boost for this could heal the Trinity for a % of the amount healed (really shouldn't be getting hit as a support class).

Skill two could give energy to allies from your pool (so cost 25 energy to give 50 energy to an ally).

Skill three could either provide a shield or trade health for energy (that way to have enough to heal).

I agree with all this, plus also we need the party health bars visible at all times/toggle.

i really want to be able to heal people quickly and only when they need it so to be effcient.

I really hope they work on trinity soon, or at least release trinity warframe mods that enhance her healing skills

I enjoy playing support classes in most games, but the trinity warframe is a bit of a disapointment. It does not bring a lot of contribution to the team. Volt can clear an entire room, Loki disarms oponents, Ex blinds them etc. Trinity has its health and energy regen skills, but because they are only active when a player is attacking an affected enemy, they are a waste of energy on every mob but the strongest bosses. That is 5% of the fights in-game.

I believe that Trinity's skills should be targeted at the team, not the enemy. For example:

Skill 1 could place a healing orb in front of the player that heals for large % of health. This way Trinity player can choose to pick up the orb himself, or give it to another player.

Skill 2 could be the energy vampire, but instead of targeting the enemy, it would be an AoE spell with center around trinity. Players standing inside it would regenerate energy when dealing damage.

Skill 3 - Shields target player, absorbing a large % of damage recieved. Trinity gains energy proportional to damage absorbed.

Skill 4 is pretty much fine, but i would swap invulnerability for an ability to instantly revive downed players.

This setup promotes the team support aspect of trinity's skills. Let me know what you think and what other ideas we can come up with.

One thing can be certain,

trinity needs some love to be a viable support class.

i have not played trinity but everything you are saying seems legit a support class with no real support moves? sounds kinda useless and mobs die to fast for her first and second skills to be useful what so ever +1

I have been mostly playing Trinity, and i have to say she needs some tweaking. There has been some good ideas on this thread, and i hope that DE will take note and try to implement some of those. ATM im not feeling like im supporting the team, but more like im just hanging back and waiting for other players to destroy enemies with their awesome offensive powers.

The reason so many people copy this is because it works. Very few people want to perform every role and it makes the need to coop pointless.

The reason so many people copy this is because they do not have the courage and intelligence to think outside the box like DE does. And yet most classes do end up performing most of the same roles, except for healers. Because if healers could do anything else but heal then they really could do everything solo. Lots of tanks can have high DPS, lots of nukers can tank. You can have an MMO with a Mage, a Ranger, a Berserker... they're all fscking nukers.

And if Trin is this game's healer, then what does that make the other frames? ... Non... healers?

Trinity is my 2nd highest ranked warframe and I think that well of life and energy vampire need to be made into AOE attacks so they're useful against ordinary mobs, I like the suggested idea of changing Link to make it link enemies together so they all take damage from one that'd make it a power I want to use, blessing just needs a shorter cast time as it's not a very good oh S#&$ button currently which is what the skill should be and seems to be aimed at.

I've got all 3 female frames to 30 and Trinity and Mag are by far my favorites I personally don't see any problems with Trinity except that blessing is too slow. I spam energy vamp and link and i never take damage. you simply can't die. yes i can understand that in coop linking to an ally can be problematic but if you're trying to get to an area that needs blessing throw up a energy vamp on a mob shoot it till full energy cast link to protect yourself. then shoot the mob with energy vamp or throw up another energy vamp to get back to full energy. cast your blessing rinse and repeat.

By keeping energy vamp on a mob that you just use as a resivour you can keep up link and never take damage.

Instead of changing the entire functionality of their first two skills, they just need to make it castable on friendly players so that anything that player damages gives health or energy back, in addition to the current functionality that they can cast it on a mob to have the whole group get the health or energy from that mob.

I like the way the skill works now but I agree that there are not enough high health targets to get much use out of it, so adding the function of casting it on players would give you more uses in between those targets.

Regarding the third skill, Link. I honestly can't tell what its even supposed to be doing, or if its doing anything at all, so reworking it entirely would not bother me since right now, its useless.

my issue is people are puting their mods into shield and by the time a fight ends no1 has lost any health and there are 8 (+25 energy) orbs that every1 can run over and get all thier energy back... so what is the point of trinity as a suport. i user her in boss fights and still none of my party uses thier abilitys because their guns are that much more efective.

I enjoy playing support classes in most games, but the trinity warframe is a bit of a disapointment. It does not bring a lot of contribution to the team. Volt can clear an entire room, Loki disarms oponents, Ex blinds them etc. Trinity has its health and energy regen skills, but because they are only active when a player is attacking an affected enemy, they are a waste of energy on every mob but the strongest bosses. That is 5% of the fights in-game.

I believe that Trinity's skills should be targeted at the team, not the enemy. For example:

Skill 1 could place a healing orb in front of the player that heals for large % of health. This way Trinity player can choose to pick up the orb himself, or give it to another player.

Skill 2 could be the energy vampire, but instead of targeting the enemy, it would be an AoE spell with center around trinity. Players standing inside it would regenerate energy when dealing damage.

Skill 3 - Shields target player, absorbing a large % of damage recieved. Trinity gains energy proportional to damage absorbed.

Skill 4 is pretty much fine, but i would swap invulnerability for an ability to instantly revive downed players.

This setup promotes the team support aspect of trinity's skills. Let me know what you think and what other ideas we can come up with.

she is helpful if you know how to use 2 skil and 1 skil and 3 th skil .. At bosses

For example 1 trin 1 excalibur whit radial java

While trin uses her second skil vampire And 1st skil

Vampire skil is a great use (my best skil) each bullet adds 9-15 enegry while vampire is in use

Excalibur can spam radial javalin

Well, I'll have to try out Trinity tonight. Based off what I'm reading from these forums though, it seems legit that she needs some work. I'll see what I think when I play her.

you only lose when your hp runs out

she has the ability to heal any ammount of hp with her 100 energy skill

stack hp mods done you will never lose unless you stink at shooting XD

carry a rejuv or if you got one energy regen and boom

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Well, I'll have to try out Trinity tonight. Based off what I'm reading from these forums though, it seems legit that she needs some work. I'll see what I think when I play her.

ill

Make a video on my own way how to use her as a supporter but i need some 1 to help me whit

Wanted warframe .. I need for a video

Pro ranked warframe only 1 or 2

Skil wanted = radial java or volt 4th skil

Edited by Asuraknight

http://youtu.be/GC98wbTD7Hc herry lol maby you gona learn something or you hef learn it how to use it ._.?

PS LOOK AT MY ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<========While Fighting BOSS

Edited by Asuraknight

As she is now, Trinity is more of a super tank than a support class. If you have a high damage weapon and a power duration mod or two, she is literally invincible.

I don't hate this, but I want to love Trinity as the support she was said to be, not the boss destroying wonder she is now.

As she is now, Trinity is more of a super tank than a support class. If you have a high damage weapon and a power duration mod or two, she is literally invincible.

I don't hate this, but I want to love Trinity as the support she was said to be, not the boss destroying wonder she is now.

Hahah ikr XD...

Ranking up Trinity has been pretty frustrating so far. From a design perspective I can see what the goal is with her skill set, and I'm sticking with it in the hopes that I'll enjoy playing her once I have Link and Blessing with enough of the bonuses for them to be good. As a baseline class though, what a miserable experience. I can't imagine most people who spent money on this warframe being happy about it.

In comparison - I started with Excalibur, and from the moment you unlock his first skill he's fun to play. Radial Blind may not be an essential skill but unlocking it feels meaningful since there are definitely cases where you'll want to use it.

Every single rank in Trinity is near meaningless so far because there are almost never good opportunities to use Well of Healing or Energy Vampire - enemies just die too fast. Even though I barely finished maxing out Excalibur and none of my weapons are maxed, I'm already geared up enough to be able to churn through enemies before I can get the benefit of my abilities. So as a result I'm basically just running around as a gimped combatant waiting for an opportunity to cast a debuff on an enemy. Extremely boring.

I think if there were better UI feedback Trinity might feel like a better frame - if I was able to see my allies' hp and shield levels at all times, it'd be easier to notice good opportunities to drop a well on an ally's target to top their health off.

The one thing I do like about Trinity is that well of healing can instantly revive a downed ally if you put it on an enemy they're shooting with their pistols, but again, the feedback makes this tough: you don't have much time to revive someone so it's quite a challenge to figure out which enemy they're shooting and land a well on it before it dies.

If the goal is to keep her 'combat oriented' and have all her abilities feel sort of synergistic like they do now, I think a good compromise would be to add an 'on kill' effect to the abilities so they remain useful on weaker monsters. For example, when a target dies with Well of Healing active on it, it could trigger an AoE heal centered on the target; a target dying with Energy Vampire up could do the same. Or instead of an AoE it could be a bigger, instantaneous heal/energy restoration for the person that got the killing blow. This would balance things adequately since on bosses you care more about the 'on hit' portion of the spells, but on weak enemies the 'on kill' portion would make them still worth the energy to cast.

Edited by kaelan

Well and Energy work with teammates, but not Link. Blessing (unfortunately) doesn't revive teammates.

Thanks for the confirmation. Too bad Blessing wasn't a ressurection move. Yet another 4th skill that sounds good on paper but fails to deliver........