The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three Changes That Would Allow Me To Enjoy Ember...

[DE]Momaw

Re: a recent thread where a kindly player was trying to extoll Ember's virtues to me, I tried out some different builds on this frame to see if I was just missing the boat.  And... Not so much. She really is just "meh".  But here are fairly realistic changes that I think would give her a lot more usefulness.

Change 1:

"Fireball" creates a short-lived fire hazard on the map, similar to what Napalms do.

Change 2:

"Accelerant" gains the ability to sustain fire DOTs on the target and spread to new targets.  When you trigger fire DOT on a target, it will run for the full duration of Accelerant rather than just ticking a few seconds like it does for targets who are not sprayed with fuel.  Only the single highest magnitude of DOT is sustained in this way. Enemies can spread their fire DOT to other enemies near them who are covered in Accelerant but not presently on fire. Enemies who are on fire and hit by a second cast of Accelerant will have the duration reset.

Change 3:

"Fire blast" replaced with the ability that Fire Eximus units have: An expanding sphere of flames that knocks targets down. In Ember's case it should also do a fair whack of damage and set people on fire. Cost reduced to 50 energy.  (at 75 energy, made obsolete by World on Fire which can cumulatively do a lot more damage)

Accelerant stuns everything within a 20m radius (affected by power range) and increases all fire damage dealt to affected targets by 250% (affected by power strength). I've been testing a 4 forma build exclusively around this one ability, although it's all highly theoretical at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/fo7vH4Q.png.

If you really want all that fire damage though, go crazy. No one uses that Accelerant DPS buff enough and I want to see it more. Godspeed you unique tenno.

I like the first two ideas, and i agree her third ability needs a change at the very least. it is a bit redundant.

But i wanted to thank you for a REAL idea. Its nice to finally see something in here that isnt focused entirely on pressing 4 to win.

People need to realize that Ember's 4 currently sucks and that 1 and 2 are her best abilities.  4 is decent but requires too many mods to be effective, killing durability/utility options.  3 is almost totally worthless; spamming 1 is better in almost every situation.  1 is spammable, can headshot, and does a lot of damage while 2 can stun an entire room on-demand and can increase fire damage by a factor of 4 for only 13 energy. 

Ember needs 4 to be changed to a toggle so that it can provide supplemental DPS without requiring duration mods.  3 needs a secondary effect or to be remade so that it serves a purpose.  Sprint speed should also be increased so that Ember's "dangerous yet safe" playstyle can be more accessible to the player.

People need to realize that Ember's 4 currently sucks and that 1 and 2 are her best abilities.  4 is decent but requires too many mods to be effective, killing durability/utility options.  3 is almost totally worthless; spamming 1 is better in almost every situation.  1 is spammable, can headshot, and does a lot of damage while 2 can stun an entire room on-demand and can increase fire damage by a factor of 4 for only 13 energy. 

Ember needs 4 to be changed to a toggle so that it can provide supplemental DPS without requiring duration mods.  3 needs a secondary effect or to be remade so that it serves a purpose.  Sprint speed should also be increased so that Ember's "dangerous yet safe" playstyle can be more accessible to the player.

She really doesnt need the speed boost but if were gonna go there make her speed 1.2 so she can at least match nova

WoF should be finisher damage and knock down enemies per fire eruption thing. That's all WoF needs and 1 and 2 they are very good as is.

3 is meh at best, maybe have it work like Volt's shield and shooting through the fire wall gives a 50% fire bonus damage? and of course make the inside of the ring deal damage reliably. Also have it be affected by power range? I find it has decent synergy with Accelerant since it forces fire procs making it decent at cc in a radius, although its a bit of a power waste for that bit of cc.

She really doesnt need the speed boost but if were gonna go there make her speed 1.2 so she can at least match nova

Speed boost would allow less experienced players easier use of 4 and also help them dodge more attacks while making her even more flexible movement-wise for veterans.

WoF should be finisher damage and knock down enemies per fire eruption thing.

That would be pretty ridiculous...

Edited by RealPandemonium

@RealPandemonium how so? Hydroid's tentacles deal finisher damages as does Ash's Bladestorm. Isnt the reason DE took Overheat away the fact that it made her into a tank and DE wanted her to be a Glass Cannon caster thing? Finisher damage on WoF would let it damage enemies reliably into the higher levels since it would ignore armor and the knock down would help her stay alive and offer some cc without making her a tank.