The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Changes To Oberon's Latest Buffs That'd Make Him 'just Right'.

Eyeless

1. Make Renewal a simple toggle-skill like Absorb, Sound-Quake, and Puddle.

Seriously, the way it is now is confusing and it's required several topics for others in the community to help explain how it actually works to the community. 

Rather than having it be a projectile, someone mentioned in another Oberon thread recently that it'd probably just be better off as a radial pulse, like how Ancient Healers heal their allies. Sounds way less finicky and way more consistent. 

2. Make Hallowed Ground an Aura 

It's a bit awkward since it doesn't cast under his feet like everyone has been begging for since the changes were implemented, but I for one say enough with that kind of hassle. Warframe already requires you move around a lot in most missions, having to re-cast a long glowy carpet while you move around at later enemy levels is costly while trying to keep enemies CC'd and allies healed with the currently muddled state of Renewal.

Make it a wide Aura that gives this buff to nearby allies to better encourage cooperation (something this game is sorely needing for everything but Defense and Mobile Defense) and make less of a hassle and more something practical.  

I dont see any issue with renewal since the change, and having hallowed ground as an aura would be quite op and it wouldnt really rely on stats like power range as much meaning people would just be able to build duration strength without having to worry about range.

I dont see any issue with renewal since the change, and having hallowed ground as an aura would be quite op and it wouldnt really rely on stats like power range as much meaning people would just be able to build duration strength without having to worry about range.

Well, if they use it to protect the group... then they might want a bit of range.  Though, good point.  I personally would rather have it be a Toggle ability.  I don't really see much use in having it for Damage but keeping it in place longer in exchange for another energy sink is preferable imo.

Edited by Sibarian

I like the circle shape for hallowed ground that actually sounds a lot better than an aura, and the reason I like renewal as it is now is because you can just leave it up and it heals people for you as long as you kill enemies fast enough you dont have to worry about it turning off

I never said to give it infinite range. When I said Aura, I just meant it as, say a visible area of glowiness surrounding Oberon that'd define the range of the Aura when he casts it around himself. I'd imagine Range would still be incredibly valuable for him in this case. 

This changes would be welcome by me. I dont like how renewals energy system and projectile currently work.

I'm still trying to wrap my head on how to put it into practice when it's so awkward to react with in a tight situation with my friends. It's a really frustrating ability for me to try and manage while everyone's getting their shiny lvl 0 frames roflstomped by Grineer. 

To top it off, trying to keep my team alive with it absolutely devours my energy reserves. The long casting time only inflames the wound...

I'd be more than okay with both of these changes. Personally, I like stacking Hallowed Ground, so changing the shape of it to circle around you would be prefereable. Still, +1

Even that would be preferable to the awkward magic carpet, but I think it was Varzy who mentioned using the carpet to make a pathway through hordes of Eximus units. 

This is some truly cool utility that I don't think you could retain by making it a simple circle, which is why I figured it'd be better as a wide Aura ability that moved with ya. 

Edited by Hastur609