Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I've Noticed...like Seriously..

Semshol

Well if you're leaving them not much to do, then most likely they're just leeching exp like I do when I enter some games.

I mean there are those people who just WANT to have the most kills etc. I figure, why try so hard. I just relax my way through the void, enjoy the rewards, kill something here and there, enjoy music. I love it when the super hardcores join the party. Of course, I could step up my game, but I don't want it to feel like a kill competition where we have to dash all over the place to out-compete for kill rate.

I've found the longest and best survivals are those where everyone sticks to their role and plays it well, they literally function as a unit and it doesn't just happen in clan :) Which is something pleasant I've discovered.

You're definitely right about success being linked largely to having a functional unit. Just last week i actually formed a group with a few choice players who i now run my T4S keys exclusively with, since getting organized got us to 85 mins, which is a lot longer than i'd gone before. Fun fact, nobody ran rhino prime.

For as much as people complain about how you're "not suppose to" last that long, you'd be surprised how far just acting as a functional and organized unit can get you.

EDIT:

This means that you do need to talk about who's bringing what gear though. You can't just throw together a random group of unranked frames and guns and expect success. This means that yes, somebody might have to play a frame or gun they don't like as much for the team to succeed.

Edited by insaninater

Also remember that not everyone is playing in the same region. Players in east america could be more hostile and "elitists" than players in west america.

As to them existing yes, i have come across multiple vile players multiple times. 

The only places i actually encounter this though is during 

-Events (pug groups)

-Void/Derelict runs on someone else's key, sometimes on my own (pug groups)

The issue doesnt start with them in the mission only though, they start becoming hostile during the countdown when they look at everyones gear and see people using something they dont view appropriate for the mission or a see a mastery rank lower than their own. This is what leads them to completely ignore the players in mission and basically go lone wolf, cry for help when needed, and run away when asked for their own help. Or like you see many of the complaints on forums the players get verbally hostile and throw tantrums at the rest of the team.

Does this happen all the time? No. But it does occur enough at least on the north american region for it to be noticeable. I've even had to cancel void runs at times on my own keys because of these "elitists" yelling at other people in my group for using anything other than boltor primes.

i only play in pug groups so i see it all

#PugLife

I see, perhaps because I play in the Asian region everyone seems pretty chill-tacular.

I'm also one of the PUG Lifers.

I didn't choose the PUG Life, the PUG Life chose me...

You're definitely right about success being linked largely to having a functional unit. Just last week i actually formed a group with a few choice players who i now run my T4S keys exclusively with, since getting organized got us to 85 mins, which is a lot longer than i'd gone before. Fun fact, nobody ran rhino prime.

For as much as people complain about how you're "not suppose to" last that long, you'd be surprised how far just acting as a functional and organized unit can get you.

EDIT:

This means that you do need to talk about who's bringing what gear though. You can't just throw together a random group of unranked frames and guns and expect success. This means that yes, somebody might have to play a frame or gun they don't like as much for the team to succeed.

Definitely a valid point :)

If a guy is organizing a long survival, I do conform since I have tons of different frames and I'm a very good CC'er.

However there are also people who try to organize long survivals and just crash and burn at 20 minutes, because they can't keep to their own rules x'D

So if you have favoured players to play with, that's great.

If you're a PUG-Lifer like me, generally I just take it as it is.

One PUG I had of just 3 people lasted 60 minutes. Rhino Prime was in that group, but we had no CP LOL It was hell on earth, but super fun!

I also haven't really come across the type of behaviour you mentioned "not seeing" in your opening thread. In fact more so the opposite.

Shem we ran together in my first week of playing. Think we had done a trade and you took me on a few boss runs to kill some time. Not knowing the maps you took your time and guided me when needed. I've come across this a few more times and reciprocate when I can in turn now. A kind gesture goes a long way in establishing the right environment.

I have noticed the type of banter you refer to in Clan chat lately and definately in Region chat. Was stuck on that impossibly difficult rescue in Ceres (last map to close out Ceres). Couldn't do it on my own, no friends on and Clan were too busy slagging each other (juvenile chatter). So I popped into Region chat expecting that was the place to find others in Ceres. What assanine chatter LOL. I must have read for about 20 minutes whilst still waiting for someone to join. Gave up eventually, came back later that day and got it second try. Had a great teammate (from the Clan) who PM'd me when I asked if someone could help. He changed build and gear to help me get it.

Have come across some people in PUGs' who use voice and chatter about the weirdest stuff. Verbal diorreah lol. I've since discovered the "Mute" function. Oh joy ;)

Nice post Shem and thanks again for helping a new player, back when I was new.

Edited by FarStike

Certain ranks won't help you. I've been in with MR16+ and failed at 20

But a 3 man team of all MRs under 10, lasted 60 minutes...

It's about the team, don't try to organize one because some people just rush MR to join groups, true story...

Very true. Largely depends on team.

e.g. I've hosted 2 T4S PUGs before (I did not turn down anybody on rank or equipment). The MR was average (can't recall anybody super low).

The first already have people dying within the first 5 minutes, (people who expect to level their stuff in T4S).... Gave up.

The second lasted well into 80+ min. (just for info: no Rhino as well)

Oh speaking of starting warframes and progression. I've taken a weird route it seems. No Rhino in the storage closet. Started Mag, Mag Prime, (Mag is awesome team support), Loki Prime (Loki just plain rules fun every way you play him) and now have Ash, Nyx, Trinity, Oberon and Valkyr pumping in the foundry to be finished on wednesday. Opting to try Trinity first :)

Oh speaking of starting warframes and progression. I've taken a weird route it seems. No Rhino in the storage closet. Started Mag, Mag Prime, (Mag is awesome team support), Loki Prime (Loki just plain rules fun every way you play him) and now have Ash, Nyx, Trinity, Oberon and Valkyr pumping in the foundry to be finished on wednesday. Opting to try Trinity first :)

Lol, it's like you missed your "Tenno childhood" :)

But there is a saying that we never outgrew our toys, they just get bigger and more expensive. Go for Rhino Prime when the opportunity arises.

Looks that way lol.

Will keep it in mind and work on getting the bp :)

But first I just have to find out first hand which is the better team support/healer. Trinity or Oberon. Have no experience with either of them and can't wait. Something about Ash appeals to me as well. No clue why but keep reading up on it.

The saying was "The only thing that distinguishes the men from the boys, is the size and price of their toys" ;) Never a truer word. Thanks for the chuckle.

• 4 weeks later...
There are 2 types of hosts

One that forces roles on you *cough* Nekros *cough* *cough* Penta/Ogris *cough*

Yes I caught a cold.

Or that one fun guy that says: take whatever your heart desires.

If you are the guy that forces a role, well then I AM NOT GONNA DESECRATE BODY'S 24/7