Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis-Intwined (Contest Additional Stuff) My Tron Skin

noveltyhero

Hello there,

If you are here I am sure you are looking for my Vectis skin in order to find out more about it, please enjoy :)

Blue Render (Tron):

35243ub.jpg

Other Variants:

f5brqa.jpg

Rendered in other software:

m7djtc.jpg

Full pictures of variants:

Green

2rgpbnr.jpg

Purple

4t7u3n.jpg

Yellow

qz0xmb.jpg

Inspirations:

My inspiration originally began from my Brann series of skins in CS:GO. However I did not want to copy it exactly and so instead of "forcing" a pattern onto a weapon as I usually do before making sure it fits, I drew lines which followed along the shape of the weapon itself. Soon enough I noticed how it had this Tron feel and that is when I went on to add the Lotus symbol and various other bits and pieces to bring this weapon into a Warframe aesthetic as well as Tron/futuristic lights kind of theme.

Have a nice day! :)

Dude.... you gotta teach me how this stuff works :C

Lol, honestly? Trial and error.

Story Time:

In fact I got into this by accident. I was making a huge mod for Skyrim and I was the lead director of the mod as well as lead level designer and side scripter (small scripts only). First thing I did was fire up the CreationKit and make a basic dungeon, then I added lighting and stuff etc etc.

Finally getting into the mid-game of the mod I added in lots of custom models, animations and textures and one thing I noticed is that all the modellers provided me with these "maps", I then had to learn what they were etc in order to use them properly. After experimenting with different brightnesses, environments, lighting I felt like I was confident in that region.

I then went on to make a custom textured skin (modelling was too advanced for me) for a shield, that is when I trial'd and error'd a lot. Learning what each part of the skin was, how what each polygon on the UV Chart did I had a lot of fun just making this skin and testing different parts of it under lighting to make sure it was perfect for its role (was meant to be an anti-magic skin).

Fast forward into my life about 4 years, now in Sixth Form (High School) I made 4 skins for CS:GO (they aren't amazing but I had fun doing them) as well as becoming pro-efficient with Photoshop doing various tasks. Ever tried making a male celebrity look like a female? It was quite fun :)

Photoshop is key, I suck at drawing and because of that people tend to think I am not good at art but I try