Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making The Word "beta" More Apparent.

Slamyourjam

Ok. So both GW2 and WF are about the same here with aspect of trading premium currency. Arguably, better trading system in GW2. And yes I have collected few legendary mods so I know how absurd the amount of cr that is required in WF. So yeah. I think WF should do away with crs. 

...but this part and with your analogies trouble me. You agree that WF is f2p. But then you compare that to buying a car?! Ok. Lets step back, regardless WF is f2p, people invest real money... so fair enough. So we need to make sure that players need to forewarned... because "beta" means players could lose their progress and money, right?! And then you go on and conclude that is the reason that DE "has been so undercover about the whole thing." Again, if you say yes, then hey I will not argue with you on that opinion. But seriously?! After, you have spent 200+ hrs with WF, and I assume you have also seen at least few Devstreams and witness how DE has treated their player-base, generally players would form better opinion about DE and WF than that. 

Ok. So if you have stated your opinion in the middle paragraph as such, I can see how you conclude with this statement. Because some games that were in beta, meaning as in testing, their items in the market were lower than when those games were released... and you continued, therefore, because WF is in beta, the prices should be lower... than what??? What parameter are you using to compare?? or maybe by saying "10 dollars for a virtual gun" is enough a self-validating statement, by contrasting the real currency for some non-real virtual item??

I'm not gonna even dispute the "10 dollars" figure nor why would you hold onto that to make your point, when you also agree that you could effortlessly getting it for free.  But here, for the sake of comparison, lets us use GW2's for market price comparison. You get about 8000 gems for $100, right?! But there is a sword that cost 5000 plus gems... should we both agree and say that "$60 dollars is absurd for some non-real virtual item"? Yes. I also have GW2, and I love it no less than WF. 

I'm glad we can come to an agreement on certain points like the first point I made. The only reason I would see DE having for putting such high cr tax on legendary mods is so that veterans can't just give them away to other players... Maybe? I don't know, seems illogical to me.

My analogy wasn't that good I'll admit but I did add in the testdrive part which is what Warframe is, you give it a go and if you like it you will most likely buy it same with a car but you wouldn't want to testdrive a car without the dealer telling that the car has problems would you? Its a similar circumstance for Warframe, its being offered to the public as an Open Beta yet many players are completely unaware that the game is under that title. As I may have said previously in the forum both me and my friend didn't have a clue that it was Open Beta until we sunk in 150+ hours and then one of our friends told us, otherwise we would have thought it was a finished product receiving frequent updates which for most online games now a days they need active development to continue to be funded otherwise they end up like Dungeonland *cough*... For them to wipe out the progress for players at this momment would completely destroy the game and collapse the whole thing, there's players who have invested countless hours farming for things so there would be a LOT of emotional trauma going on... ESPECIALLY towards people that bought things with platinum but I doubt the developers of Warframe have any intention of making an update that makes the previous save progress irrelevant. As I said that would destroy the game completely. Losing money? As I said if I had paid for something later to have it taken away from me I'd devastated and also scammed. 

I have yet to see any developer live stream and I don't have any intention to with my excuse my language p*ss poor connection that I currently have. Referring back to my statement about how they seem to be trying to pass the whole open beta very secretly and undercover seems to be so that they can escape Early Access on Steam which most likely has a few agreements that they would have to abide by and I don't blame them. Early Access games have been very sketchy lately and players are straying away from it because it raises a red flag.

Again the comparison I used wasn't very good but you get the jist of it. 10 dollars is 1 sixth of 60 dollars which is generally the price of a triple A game, using that calculation I can say that if you were to buy 6 guns valued at 10 dollars in Warframe which isn't too hard to do then you would be technically paying the same price as you would for a full triple A game or as I used as my example of the minimum wage if I wanted to get 6 guns on Warframe I'd have to work 6 hours on a $10 minimum wage. Doesn't seem like a lot at first but when you add it up you can see how absurd the costs are for the in game guns. I'd suggest DE to make a compromise by making slashing the gun prices by 50% if 200 or above and slashing prices of guns that are 200 below by 20% AND at the same time they could decrease the chances or number of resources that you obtain in missions. This would effectively make more players want to buy guns using platinum therefore bigger profit margin and players wouldn't feel like they just got their pockets emptied + guns would be harder to grind which would be good as most materials are way too easy to obtain seeing as I've only 50 hours ago I started to actually collect weapons and I've already got like 30 of them. I don't know if my suggestion will work or if DE will even notice it and consider it but it sounds best for both the consumer and the devs.

Last point that you replied to I don't know where you got that example for Guild Wars 2 since most items on the gem store are cosmetics/aesthetics and have no impact on the game unlike buying guns on Warframe. I'd say the closest comparison would be the boosters that you can buy on both Guild Wars 2 and Warframe, Warframe offers a longer duration on the boosters while costing more whereas Guild Wars 2s boosters are for the most part cheap.. Sort of but don't last too long. The prices for cosmetics in Warframe though such as the addable armor and colours are fine for what they are and they aren't too expensive. If they nail down the weapon prices then they should be fine.

PS: Sorry for the essay but I'm tired and unable to sleep so I got to find some way to pass the time. Hehe.

Edited by Slamyourjam

PS: Sorry for the essay but I'm tired and unable to sleep so I got to find some way to pass the time. Hehe.

...better to get some good sleep than to let these things bothering you!!

I just want comment few things in addition to what you said. It's understandable what you and your friend been through. But I think you can agree that "beta" doesn't have the same meaning here in WF, compared to the one that you had played in the past, especially about deleting the progress or account. Even me have spent 800+ hrs and others veterans 2000+ hrs. We would all be revolting and DE knows that too well. So I would say we can somewhat feel secure that that not gonna happen...

But saying making progress "irrelevant" due to major additional developments is more of a subjective conjecture; and can be debated forever. You see already a lot, under different forms of complain, in the forum. But the majority of us want major development/content. Many of us, me included, can't wait for 'em Archwing. Oh Yeah!! Back to the point: I don't know what it would be called... for lack of better word, maybe active development? idk. whatever it is, it's not that "beta" that you and I can confidently call it a "beta".

There are more things I want to respond to your other comments but I'm not gonna even bother for now. For GW2, yes there is a sword or few that cost that much. Once I get home I can double check... for cost of inventory space and slot and other common and cosmetic items in GW2, I think you can agree too that they cost more in GW2 than in WF when converted down to real dollars....

...better to get some good sleep than to let these things bothering you!!

I just want comment few things in addition to what you said. It's understandable what you and your friend been through. But I think you can agree that "beta" doesn't have the same meaning here in WF, compared to the one that you had played in the past, especially about deleting the progress or account. Even me have spent 800+ hrs and others veterans 2000+ hrs. We would all be revolting and DE knows that too well. So I would say we can somewhat feel secure that that not gonna happen...

But saying making progress "irrelevant" due to major additional developments is more of a subjective conjecture; and can be debated forever. You see already a lot, under different forms of complain, in the forum. But the majority of us want major development/content. Many of us, me included, can't wait for 'em Archwing. Oh Yeah!! Back to the point: I don't know what it would be called... for lack of better word, maybe active development? idk. whatever it is, it's not that "beta" that you and I can confidently call it a "beta".

There are more things I want to respond to your other comments but I'm not gonna even bother for now. For GW2, yes there is a sword or few that cost that much. Once I get home I can double check... for cost of inventory space and slot and other common and cosmetic items in GW2, I think you can agree too that they cost more in GW2 than in WF when converted down to real dollars....

Its fine, its not this that's bothering me. I'm actually re-adjusting my sleep pattern because I'm used to staying up late but that doesn't work out when you do a full time college education and a part time job on the side. 

Its a beta in terms of how much content there's still left to finish. Some person said on the forum that a lot of items, tilesets and bosses are going to be seriously re-worked and some are just place-holders until they get the new content rolling. If someone doesn't look at the Warframe forums they would have no clue how much work needs to be done and I can sympathize with the developers.

I think you misunderstood me. When I said making previous save progress irrelevant, I mean that if the developers were planning on making an update that would mean the previous save files would be incompatible then everything you've achieved in Warframe would be for nothing. I certainly wouldn't continue farming and collecting weapons if I had to start over again tomorrow, I'd probably uninstall it and never touch it again.

Are you thinking about a sword that can be bought with gold? Because I'm pretty sure there's no sword in Guild Wars 2 that costs 5000 gems, probably 500 but its probably a skin like all the other items usually are on the Gem Store.