Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xb1 Ppl And Their Plat Prices

sekushiiandee

anyone else notice XB1 ppl are loaded?

145 plat for a frost prime set x_X

900 plat for rhino p set......

hell.....id have endless plat if this were pc prices

Yeah that's how the prices kinda should be.  These are prices their economy (the XB1 economy) are holding because of supply and demand.

Remember when trading started on PC there was a HUGE surplus of Prime Parts.  Even if that supply is low now, the low prices we're seeing are now common practice, so the prices can't go higher unless it's an in demand part that someone will pay a premium for to have first.

It's all just supply and demand.  Many people on PC have no concept of it.  Many people on PC have no concept of Time vs. Money either.

It's simple business strategy, there aren't many of the items (Primes) in existence on XB yet, so they can charge a premium for a service that is desired but is in short supply, On PC< the inflation of the market with a large amount of these items has caused players to have to lower the prices drastically...

Good thing I took both micro and macroeconomics in college. 

Well I'm sure it helps, but this is just plain common sense.  lol.

For me paying 300p for a new prime frame isn't a big deal because at the prices I buy platinum at, it's about 10 dollars.  Given the amount of dollars I make at work per hour, it's much cheaper to buy the frame than farming it.  Now I understand earning everything, but I'm afraid if it's not a new game mode to farm a particular frame I'm not really missing out on much.  (Lephantis for Nekros and Vey Hek for Hydroid are good examples of special mission I was interested in running to get new frames)  Running the same void survival 20 times for 40 minutes just isn't as attractive to me as paying $10.

900p is quite a lot for Rhino Prime though, but then again considering XB1 Warframe was just released and their drop tables started off being so diluted (many new prime items, not so many new drop locations) maybe the buyer wants to save time and is frustrated with the farm...

i get that its new an all but damn.....INSANE prices....

hell if it were me i would always use pc and ps4 trading forums as reference

But that's the thing...  It wouldn't work, because they're different economies.  You could "WTB BITE MOD 5P GEIF MEH NEOOOWW!!!" all day long, and no one would reply to you, just like the nutty folks on PC trade chat wasting space on the screen.

In the end it's really a see-saw between buyers and sellers, the buyers have to compete with other buyers too.  When something new is out, if I want it badly I'll pay a premium so I entice the seller to do business with me first, etc.  it's just how it is.

Before the PC migration prices on PS4 were actually a great representation of how trade prices should be in Warframe, there was no huge surplus of items.  It's still quite fair.  PC is just a weird free for all.  It makes no sense that an unranked bite mod should cost 80p when a maxed serration costs 150-200p.  The effort required to obtain one or the other doesn't really reflect their prices in a way that makes sense, but that's what they go for in the PC trade chat.  (this is before the Bite alert yesterday of course.)