Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Solution To The Trinity Blessing Rank Dilemna

legendarysidekicksteve

So with U14.6.0 out for PC Trinity has received yet another nerf: Blessing no long heals for full health and shields and has its amount healed increased with its mod level. I personally have no problem with less-than-full heal amount; however, it creates another problem for Trinity players. Most Trinity players, myself included, prefer to use an unranked Blessing over a fully ranked one in order to have a reduced duration of the damage reduction effect of Blessing, enabling faster recast. Now, a maxed Blessing is necessary to get the optimal heal amount, but because the damage reduction duration of Blessing scales with mod rank, Blessing can't be used as often. So now Trinity players are stuck with two choices: unranked Blessing that is more spammable but heals for less or a maxed Blessing that heals for 80% but has a longer duration.

The simplest solution to this problem, I think, is to allow Blessing to be recast even when its damage reduction period is still ongoing, allowing for a spammable heal even at higher ranks.

What do you guys think? Post any constructive criticism below.

So with U14.6.0 out for PC Trinity has received yet another nerf: Blessing no long heals for full health and shields and has its amount healed increased with its mod level. I personally have no problem with less-than-full heal amount; however, it creates another problem for Trinity players. Most Trinity players, myself included, prefer to use an unranked Blessing over a fully ranked one in order to have a reduced duration of the damage reduction effect of Blessing, enabling faster recast. Now, a maxed Blessing is necessary to get the optimal heal amount, but because the damage reduction duration of Blessing scales with mod rank, Blessing can't be used as often. So now Trinity players are stuck with two choices: unranked Blessing that is more spammable but heals for less or a maxed Blessing that heals for 80% but has a longer duration.

The simplest solution to this problem, I think, is to allow Blessing to be recast even when its damage reduction period is still ongoing, allowing for a spammable heal even at higher ranks.

My constructive criticism is that if you need to use Blessing so often that you're spamming it, your team is bad and taking a ton of unnecessary damage.

It's fine.

if you nerf the frame so much that even less people want to play it then its not fine....seeing a trinity was already a rare occurance ...now its going to be even rarer

That's ultimately irrelevant, given that there's several other frames that are decidedly rare to see -- that's due to a combination of dilution (we've got quite a few warframes now), as well as people just using whatever is strongest (Rhino, Loki, Ash, Vauban).

When's the last time you saw a Banshee, Hydroid, or Saryn? What about Volt, Mag, Ember, or Zephyr?

Edited by Vargras

I do agree with you on having Blessing as spammable like Mirage's Eclipse can be recast mid duration. But for the time being if you still want to have a short duration Blessing but need to keep it max due to this recent Update change, I have a suggestion for you:

250px-FleetingExpertiseMod.png

Edited by yuio678

That's ultimately irrelevant, given that there's several other frames that are decidedly rare to see -- that's due to a combination of dilution (we've got quite a few warframes now), as well as people just using whatever is strongest (Rhino, Loki, Ash, Vauban).

When's the last time you saw a Banshee, Hydroid, or Saryn? What about Volt, Mag, Ember, or Zephyr?

When's the last time you saw a vauban? I don't see 'em very much.

Edited by MorteTacere

if you nerf the frame so much that even less people want to play it then its not fine....seeing a trinity was already a rare occurance ...now its going to be even rarer

Trinity can carry teams through lvl 40-60 wnemies

Stop min maxing for damage

And trinity isnt rare

Rhino,loki,and mirage are too common

I do agree with you on having Blessing as spammable like Mirage's Eclipse can be recast mid duration. But for the time being if you want still have a short duration Blessing but need to keep it max due to this recent Update change, I have a suggestion for you:

250px-FleetingExpertiseMod.png

The problem with Fleeting Expertise builds is that it reduces the duration of your other powers, namely Link. So in an optimal Trinity build, increased duration for Link and decreased duration of Blessing is desired. Yes, I am aware that this is a trade off but the new changes make this trade off even more uneven.

My constructive criticism is that if you need to use Blessing so often that you're spamming it, your team is bad and taking a ton of unnecessary damage.

It's fine.

I agree, however, when you hit end-game, enemies begin to one-shot anything. At that point, it's not entirely the fault of the players. Blessing served as a tool to keep you're team alive; combined with energy vampire, Trinity became the ultimate support frame for end game. 

As OP suggested, but why not allow multiple casts of Blessing within its cooldown? Kind of like Frost. That way, builds with unranked blessings don't have to worry about duration when maxing. Sounds good to me.

Edited by TheGlade

I agree, however, when you hit end-game, enemies begin to one-shot anything. At that point, it's not entirely the fault of the players. Blessing served as a tool to keep you're team alive; combined with energy vampire, Trinity became the ultimate support frame for end game. 

As OP suggested, but why not allow multiple casts of Blessing within its cooldown? Kind of like Frost. That way, builds with unranked blessings don't have to worry about duration when maxing. Sounds good to me.

If youre being one shot either you need to rethink your build or youre not really at end game and shouldnt be expecting to survive for long

If youre being one shot either you need to rethink your build or youre not really at end game and shouldnt be expecting to survive for long

In missions like T4 survival, the damage output on some enemies like the gunners is very high, and regardless of your build, you will be taking immense amounts of damage quickly (ignoring things like CC). Spammable Blessing keeps your team alive in times like these.

In missions like T4 survival, the damage output on some enemies like the gunners is very high, and regardless of your build, you will be taking immense amounts of damage quickly (ignoring things like CC). Spammable Blessing keeps your team alive in times like these.

And Blessing with DR doesnt?

How about trinity with link who doesnt die nearly as easily as a short duration trinity and has CC immunity

those lvls are the norm for higher lvls if you need a trinity there its a bit sad.

with being recast is the only way trinity would be used now. i got off the trinity hype the instant she got to lvl 30 so i dont feel any pain.

Are you saying 40-60 is easy still?

Youre the opposite of everyone that seems to think that after 40 trinity is useless

Ive taken her all the way to 100 and she hasnt failed me yet

And Blessing with DR doesnt?

How about trinity with link who doesnt die nearly as easily as a short duration trinity and has CC immunity

Link keeps Trinity herself alive. Blessing keeps your whole team alive. Both are useful skills but they function differently and help your team out differently, so I don't think that the comparison is that strong.

Link keeps Trinity herself alive. Blessing keeps your whole team alive. Both are useful skills but they function differently and help your team out differently, so I don't think that the comparison is that strong.

It wouldnt be if using a duration build meant blessing didnt work

That isnt the case though

As a bonus, if someone does get downed youre sure to rev them

Our current "endgame" is lvl 65 mobs, since that's the highest I've seen Lephantis and Vay Hek. That's means around 40 mins in t4 surv. Going higher than that is looking for a fake endgame and the game shouldn't be balanced around fake endgame.

The point; Trinity is fine.

For enemies its closer to 45

Ultimates are not meant to be spammed. 
Ultimates are situational power moves. If it needs a little more power to compensate, that is the more appropriate change. 

Well of Life is supposed to be the frequently used heal, ask for a buff/change to it instead since you can't use blessing as freely any more. 

Banshee, about 3 days ago

Hydroid, today a mate was playing as one

Saryn, asame as Hydriod

Volt, i was playing as one today

Mag, 2 days ago, a random joined and had one

Ember, me as prime 2 days ago

Zephyr, now thats a tough one, maybe 3 weeks ago

I think it's very counter productive if reducing spammability is the intention. 

I barely need to cast Blessing during my game, but when i need to do so i only need to cast once. But now, i have to cast blessing twice to heal people with critical health. Isn't that making Blessing even more spammed than before?