Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Doesn't Ordis Ever Have Flashbacks From The Old War?

Psycomet

So far it's clear that he/she/it has been in the old war and he remembers being in it. Yet stalker/missions/quests/invasions never ring a bell to his destroyed memory modules?

I was thinking why not have bits and pieces of mysterious and ghastly lore revealed through flashbacks of Ordis.

This could also make Ordis' existence a little more worthwhile. Early Tenno didn't really want a talking ship because they could communicate with it just fine without him.

Maybe Ordis was instrumental in helping the Tenno make their decisions or maybe he houses some of the darkest secrets of the Tenno which caused the Tenno themselves to purge the memory of their ships??

IDK the possibilities are endless. But there's got to be more point to him than just the 'maintenance' of the ship.

"Do you remember the Old War, Operator? Ordis seems to have... misplaced those memories."

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

Misplaced, not erased. Meaning with the right queue or search term they can be located somehow akin to how repressed memories bubble up sometimes..

My guess is that according to the lore, Ordis or the Liset on a whole was tampered with between the Tenno going into cryo and being awoken. Therefore, Ordis's memories of the Old War may have been removed by anyone but the information was patched over with later data and therefore cannot be found. If someone deletes a file, it is marked as empty hard drive space and cam be written over, corrupting the data. If this is done enough times, the data is gone. It could have been deleted by a third party who then over wrote the data with new information regarding it's being misplaced or information that was important at the time. (Thank you Vsause for the information of deleted files.)