Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Forma Polarities Change After Major Update On Frame Abilities.

Angary

I think whenever DE make a major, significant changes on any of the warframe's abilities, players should be allowed to respec the polarities slots of that frame that was created from forma. It is not the player's fault to forma their frame to whatever they desire; but I feel lthat we are getting penalized every time a 'fine tuning' or 'balancing' occurs. The fact you can just pop an update in a hotfix that changes everything on how to build and use the frame's abilities and subsequently the polarities of the mod slots is very annoying.

Well this game is still in beta so you should always expect change. They could switch up the polarities for each mod if they wanted too. Point is yes I feel your frustration but again it's in beta so always be ready for your build to be rendered wonky with any update.

Edited by nickelshark

I think I come to this because of how path of exile manage their beta. I know it's a completely different type of game, but the fact that they acknowledge the frustration of that they incur to players, and show them, 'hey, we make a lot of changes to make it a better experience! here, we let you respec your build and have fun.' I know it's silly, but I will still appreciate a small token like that.

Edited by Angary

Meh you know the risks of it and you agreed to them. 

Yes but the devs have in the past expressed some issue with messing with certain abilities because of how much work people put into customizing their equipment with Forma. Looking into something like this might help them with those concerns because they can offer the option to change polarities around after a major change like this. 

That said, it would be kind of hard to really do that effectively considering not everyone will know off the bat what to change the polarities to so I don't know how this would work. Perhaps they could allow a 24 hour window from the first login after the major change to change polarities however you wish within the confines of how many forma you have put into the piece of equipment. Would be kind of hard to work out but there would need to be some way of allowing players to figure out what changes they'd make if any when a major change to an ability or weapon happens.

Yes but the devs have in the past expressed some issue with messing with certain abilities because of how much work people put into customizing their equipment with Forma. Looking into something like this might help them with those concerns because they can offer the option to change polarities around after a major change like this. 

That said, it would be kind of hard to really do that effectively considering not everyone will know off the bat what to change the polarities to so I don't know how this would work. Perhaps they could allow a 24 hour window from the first login after the major change to change polarities however you wish within the confines of how many forma you have put into the piece of equipment. Would be kind of hard to work out but there would need to be some way of allowing players to figure out what changes they'd make if any when a major change to an ability or weapon happens.

I know and it would be great if it did happen but DE does not have to do anything.

No one is saying they don't want this only that they understand if DE does not do it.

While I would love this, I do not agree too much on this. I'm on edge... It'd be nice if this occured past release, but not during beta. Expect changes, I guess.

Release? Somehow the game doesn't feel like it will ever lose its beta status.

It's like Minecraft still had beta status because the game keeps growing in depth.

Most of the time your build doesnt change much and chances are your forma wont either

Trinity builds for sure didnt have a terribly large change to make

Excaliburs might want power str now but with the utility slots they had from before they can easily invest into defensive as well. Chances are theyll use those because theyll need them now that they cant blind an entire map instantly

Under the assumption that it wont soon change back of course