Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slight Soma Reload Change, Need More Researchers For Testing.

ThePredicament

Post U14.6 there seems to have a change to Soma's behavior during reload. Pre U14.6 whenever someones cancelled a reload about 50% of the circular progression bar (melee, landing, using skills, etc), the player would have a fresh magazine of 100 rounds ready to go. Now, the bar needs to be at around 66% to 75% instead, which either means the reload speed was quickened a bit or the actual effective cancellation time has been nerfed a bit. Definitely need to test this out with others who know their Somas like the back of their hands.

Slight buff, slight nerf, or UI change?

In my experience I've always had to wait about that long on the bar in order to cancel the reload animation and still reload the gun. That said I rarely if ever use the radial indicator as a guide but rather I wait until the ammo count changes to cancel the animation. That just works better for me

It has always been around 75% for me. Keep in mind that we're talking about fractions of a second, and that it does take time for your brain to register the flag to reload, then tell your fingers to push the button. A lot of it became instinct to many players by developing an internal timer ticking every time they reload. It cuts out the visual flag that the brain originally wanted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306075-reload-mechanics-revamp/?p=3479615

JohnnyBoomstick seems to have been alerted to some of the weird reload mechanics in that thread and acted upon them.  It would be nice if the resulting changes were reported in the patch notes, though.  

These things slip through the cracks sometimes, but I suspect you're right about that. Thanks for digging up the thread.