The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unbelievable Stability Drop Since 14.6.0

DiosGX

So for a while about a month ago, I was having stability issues with this game in that my computer would sporadically restart itself. At first I suspected it was BSOD, but the lack of dump files would lead me to believe it isn't actually a system failure QED.

I took a break, watched the simpsons marathon, came back and was surprised to see I had no problems for the last three weeks or so.

Then 14.6.0 happened. Now my computer is freaking out and restarting at the most absurd times and only when Warframe is open and active. I don't know what in blazes got messed around with, but it has put this game into unplayable territory for me again. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. Mid-mission, in the liset, logging in, heck it even just happened while my daily login reward was shuffling.

Not looking for half-baked solutions that won't do anything. I am just pointing out, something in this game's code stability has committed suicide recently, and it happened when 14.6.0 went live.

Checked for HDD faults, used the launcher optimizer--uninstalled the game, reinstalled, optimized again.

Now my game crashes attempting to even START UP. Before I could go into the Liset, but couldn't enter any missions. Now I can't even get to the login screen, making it have somehow become worse than non-functioning. I'm done with this game until U15. Every single thing in U14 has been a non-functioning mess. It saddens me as I love this game, but when I can't even play, I kind of have no alternative anyway.

To point out again, I had been playing this game absolutely fine until the two most recent update/hotfixes were implemented. It has completely broken my game in half. Nothing works.

Guess that would help wouldn't it.

Intel® Core i5 CPU   M 450 @ 2.40GHz  2.40GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 (64bit)

Playin' on a Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop. It's a soldier and has seen me through more than I expected, and quite frankly, it can run games tremendously more taxing than Warframe with no issues and very little heat issues.

I have indeed re-downloaded the game. The problem in fact became worse after doing so, now causing crashes from merely starting the game and before the login screen even loads. There are other such posts on the forums regarding this. And seems to be exclusive to laptop users.