Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dat Way Point: Or Is Lotus Trying To Eff With My Head?

Odog4ever

So I know we all know and love that vertical/spiral mine tile that the Grineer have. Love spending 10 minutes running up and down trying to find your way out, right? 

*crickets*

So maybe something positive will come out of this "situation" and the way point system will finally get an upgrade like:

1. Finally indicating elevation (Do I go down the ramp or up the stairs?)

2. or maybe even a "breadcrumb" system like in Fable 2 were a temporary path is physically drawn on the ground for you that leads to the objective marker.

No one's considered Halo CE's waypoint system? I'm talking about sometimes if it appeared you were stuck (not making any progress) a marker would appear telling you where to go, I could imagine this working in Warframe for if you got stuck in a certain area it would place a waypoint telling you where to go, and dissapear once you've reached it, and to people who would say "but then people would just go slower and know exactly where to go" well, no one likes waiting 1-2 minutes in one area just to find out where to go if it's obvious to them already, and to people who would say "but wouldn't it pop up in combat?" I say nope.avi, it wouldn't appear if any players were in combat so it doesn't mistake you for getting stuck when you're not, that's just my idea, feel free to comment on what you think

No one's considered Halo CE's waypoint system? I'm talking about sometimes if it appeared you were stuck (not making any progress) a marker would appear telling you where to go, I could imagine this working in Warframe for if you got stuck in a certain area it would place a waypoint telling you where to go, and dissapear once you've reached it, and to people who would say "but then people would just go slower and know exactly where to go" well, no one likes waiting 1-2 minutes in one area just to find out where to go if it's obvious to them already, and to people who would say "but wouldn't it pop up in combat?" I say nope.avi, it wouldn't appear if any players were in combat so it doesn't mistake you for getting stuck when you're not, that's just my idea, feel free to comment on what you think

I like it. Same point different flavor. Current system is kinda broken and needs improvement.

Edited by Odog4ever

I like it. Same point different flavor. Current system is kinda broken and needs improvement.

agreed, I was on an Alert mission once (again, with a friend) and we kept going in circles, at one point we accidentally found extraction, but we fought it would fail us if we didn't actually do the objective, another 5 mins later, we found our way back, so we just went "screw it" and went in, funny enough, it said "Mission Complete" but I would've liked to have completed it properly, but since we were so lost we couldn't be bothered (and I even got the Darksword Blueprint :D) we had to go into extraction, so this system I'm suggested should make people not accidentally find extraction, so basically, more people doing the objective if they get lost (and with this system if people get to evac without completing the mission, it should fail them because they should know where to go with this system, but then again, that's why it's called "Beta" right?)