Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Do Not Play Dark Sectors (Community Hot Topics 12/09/14)

slykidd

Long read..sorry

So as most of you may have seen in this week's hot topics dark sectors was mentioned it asked how often I partcipated and i put never. i only played dark sectors a total of 3 times and decided to never play it again. While there are a lot of issues with DS right now ultimately 3 main things stop me from ever considering me to go back to it.

1.) I never started or even wanted warframe to have PvP in any way shape or form.

2.) The community for Pvp (clans alliances) sucks.

3.) Warframe from the ground up (I believe) cannot support what DS is requring it to do.

To elaborate:

1.) while this is more of a personal side when i started warframe in U7 i remember getting excited because it was Coop. I love coop games. im the coop guy i love supporting players while they destroy the enemy AI. I would argue that playing against the Ai is somethimes even more fun than playing against other players. I remeber Steve saying that warframe was going to be primarily PvE. He also said that most other devs that went towards the F2p route told him that he wont last without PvP. i also remeber him saying thats not he wanted warframe to be. That small video that i saw made me respect the dude he was something fresh and he was willing to take risks away from the formula of pvp, pvp,pvp... I had to download the game and support it.

2.) The community around dark sectors is splitting the warframe community. We have on one hand solo players who just want to play DS and on the other clan, alliances that want to own all the dark sectors. I remember when i was in a clan my leader approached me when DS first came out and told me he had a chat with someone in an large alliance. now my old clan was made primarily for events to compete in a non direct way against other tennos but also to have fun. So he obviously declined the offer to join the alliance. he was cursed out and called all kinds of names. now im not trying to start a witch hunt against other clans. im just showing how aggressive people will get over a spot in a freaking video game. Another reason DS breaks the warframe community is in the forums! I mean contless posts have been started that  go along the lines of. "this clan tax is toohigh/low or conspirasy theories clans are doing a monopoly blan blah blah.I think DE understimated just how far alliances will go for a piece of dark sectors.

3.) Now this is more about how the game is structured. before i start i just want to say I dont know S#&$ about how games run ect.ect. i think warframe runs on peer to peer connections (correct me if im wrong). so from my understanding including your own, information is sent to the host which then relays information back and so on. I think 4 players is proabaly the optimal amount of people that recieve and send information. DS doubles that and warframe just cant handle it. the 3 times i went into DS they were all laggy slow and unresponsive. Another reason is the warframes themseleves. Lets talk the 3 main culprit right now. Valkyr- hysteria. Rhino- iron skin. Ash- get rekt noob... I mean blade storm. DE dug their own graves imo with this what are you going to do about these abilities? take away hysterias inv. then why play valkyr? rip line in pvp..no. warcry? maybe but how good is that going to be really? paralysis? i cant do finishers though right?. and that's jsut for valkyr. the other 2 are just as bad. ash's blade storm got buffed zomg are serious i dont even.... anyway i feel like im rambling so ill just end it here.

Ultimately warframe never intended to have any Pvp content. What DE is doing right now is trying to build PvP off PvE content. dont even get me started on wepons. orgris? penta? snipers?.. im just going to leave it there.

I look foward to reading people's repiles.

TL:DR: warframe was never meant to have pvp and the game in time may crush itself under its own ambitions.

warframe was never meant to have pvp and the game in time may crush itself under its own ambitions.

This is debatable. We know DE plans things at least a year in advance, and they have a long history of PvP games. I'd argue that PvP was always something that was going to be included in this game.

Just gonna go ahead and ask you to rewrite this without all the "PVP should have never been in warframe/waframe is meant for pve comments". They are flamebait and will only cause issues. Pm me after you have edited your post to remove the inflammatory elements if you want me to unlock it later.