Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Way To Hide From A Boss/parent On Steam

Kethus

Umm... Not adding your boss/parent on Steam would probably be the best bet...

I would suggest if you are really trying to be sneaky, use an alternative communication system, and try out the non-steam WF launcher, although that is only a partial fix...

Umm... Not adding your boss/parent on Steam would probably be the best bet...

I would suggest if you are really trying to be sneaky, use an alternative communication system, and try out the non-steam WF launcher, although that is only a partial fix...

You can still see if someone is online or offline even if they aren't on your friends list, and using the non-steam launcher doesn't let him chat with steam friends while ingame.

Technically, not that I'm aware of. With a little deception, perhaps. If you use the non-steam launcher to play the game, keep your phone logged into steam at all times and set to online then you could safely open it wherever else and the status is "disguised" since you're always online anyway. Since you're not using the steam launcher it wont list you as in Warframe, just online same as the phone while still letting you talk on steam.

Potential issue is Steam's mobile indicator, not sure if PC takes priority over display or just whichever logs on first.

Not aware of any official method, as you said blocking someone on steam does not display you as offline unfortunately, seems a bit backwards to me.

Edited by Jag272

Why would you add your boss on Steam and more important why would you have to hide from him that you are online and playing (unless ofcourse you have to work this day an choose to stay home to play and gave him some lame excuse which i hope is not the case)

Why would you add your boss on Steam and more important why would you have to hide from him that you are online and playing (unless ofcourse you have to work this day an choose to stay home to play and gave him some lame excuse which i hope is not the case)

He didn't. As stated in the original post, he blocked but they can still see him online.