Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] Spacey's "the Setup"

SpaceHelicopters

Ash turned and saw the flame heading towards him. Time slowed down. In fact, it just stopped. Ash couldn't even move. Only think. 'What do I do?' Ash was out of ideas. If he took the fireball full on he would surely die. But he couldn't dodge it either. it was too large. Time began to start again. He was running out of time. With out any other choice, Ash drew out his Nikana and used it as a shield, hoping that he would survive.

The fireball hurtled towards Ash. He held his Nikana out in front of him, hoping it would work. The fireball struck the blade, and deflected two inches to the right. The fireball flew past Ash, two inches away. The target was out of energy, the rest of the iron flaking off his body. He fell to the ground, striking it repeatedly, over and over again. "Why Alad?! You said the betrayers would pay, you said I'd have my revenge!" The target raised his fist in the air. "Alad, I WILL have my revenge!"

Ash saw the defeated Corpus. But something was odd. Ash felt something he hadn't felt in a long time for an enemy. It was the feeling of pity. The target was cursing and crying. He was a broken man. Ash felt compassion for the target. He realized what he had to do. He took out his Paris Prime and knocked an arrow. He pulled it back and took aim. He waited for the target to look up, that way it would be easy for ash to give him a merciful death. The target looked up at Ash. He began to let the arrow fly loose but the target said: "I will have revenge for what your Lotus has done." Before Ash could stop himself, the arrow was already in the air. It struck him straight through the center of the forehead. Ash was shocked at what was said but had to move. The Corpus were still shooting at his team. Ash booked it to him but stumbled. He was bleeding from his side. Badly. Ash ignored it as best he could and regrouped with his team. They were all out of the room and almost at extraction.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Nova said. "Right now, we need to get Mag to a Trinity, well, we could all use a Trinity, but.." Nova looked down at an equally concerned Polaris. "Ordis." Nova asked, "How close is the nearest exit?" "Operator, the ship is under fire! It would be suicide for me to come get you now!" "We just survived a one hundred-to-one situation, Ordis, can you get us or not?" Nova raged. "Hmm.." thought the Cephalon. "The only way I could possibly come for you would be if you ejected yourselves far enough away from the firefight so that I could safely retrieve you." Nova turned to the others. "Anyone know where the escape pod bay is on a Corpus galleon?" she asked.

Ash looked at the Map Loki pulled up. "Perfect! Its just a few rooms down." Ash saw Nova struggling and said: "Nova, let me carry some of her weapons. I'll take Angel off of your hands." Ash went to grab Angel but then clutched his side. He looked at his hand. It was dripping with blood. The wound was getting worse. They had to move quickly.

Nova eyed Ash's wound. "I appreciate the offer, but no offense: I'm afraid Angel would kill you." She reset her grip on Mag. "Come one, we need to get out of here." Nova pulled up Loki's map and looked at it. Perfect, it's realatively close to the escape pod bay. I'll just need to distract them for a moment. She thought to herself. She eyed Mag and sighed. I swear, if you died on me, I won't ever forgive you.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Ash decided to let Nova continue holding the weapons since she was probably right. The group began to move towards the escape pods, or in Ash's case, limp. They reached the escape pods, much to everyone's relief.

-In Oberon's Liset-

Oberon was distraught. He believed that most of his friends were dead from the Corpus trap. 'Maybe some of the Tenno are still alive. I should get to one of our half-way house's in that sector. Maybe I can heal some of the wounded.' Oberon thought on the word heal. He had realized what he had just done. He went against his code. He murdered Nef and Derf. He was supposed to heal people, and only kill when necessary. 'What have I done?' Oberon looked at his hands. They were still covered in the blood of an innocent. Oberon screamed. "Operator, are you alright?!" Said Ordis, concerned. Oberon screamed again, though this time startled by Ordis. Oberon calmed himself and ordered Ordis to take him to the half-way house.

Edited by IrishHades1798

Now, I just need a distraction...but how? "Coming, Loki-AHHH!" Nova was 'grabbed' and pulled around the corner to where no one could see her. The second she was out of sight, she used a quick Worm Hole to teleport herself around the corner down the hall. She closed the Worm Hole and dashed down the corridor. She pulled up the map and followed it to her destination: The generator room. The door was locked, so she attempted to use a nearby console to open it. On the third fail, she looked around, then stood there for a moment, dumbfounded. There was a Corpus Crewman right in front of her, pushing around a mop and dancing. She shrugged and decided to make the most of it. A minute later, and she was inside the generator room while the Corpus Crewman ran screaming down the corridor. He doesn't have long anyway. She looked down a moment. I feel bad about scaring him, though. She cast Anti-Matter Drop and unloaded an entire clip from her Soma into it, then crashed it into the generator. There was a large, violent explosion, knocking Nova against the wall. Siren's began to go off and a computerized voice came on over the intercom. "Alert: Fire in Generator room 3 on sub-deck C. Critical power surge. Alert: Fire in Generator room 1 on deck A. Alert: Generator failure on deck F. Critical power levels, Life support at 15%. Abandon ship, repeat, abandon ship." Well, that went better than I anticipated. Nova thought as she stood up and brushed off the debris. She ran back towards the escape pod where her squad mates were waiting for her.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

"So that's what Nova went to go and do." Ash said as the alarms started blaring. Ash was holding onto Mag as best he could. He set her down into an escape pod. Ash looked and realized that here were only four escape pods. "Whelp, this will be a tight fit." Ash said. He tried to get into the escape pod as best he could with Mag in it. He eventually squeezed in and waited for Nova to return.

All of the pods ejected from the ship. Ash was incredibly uncomfortable squeezed in with Mag. Loki, Nova and Volt were all in separate pods.

"Ordis! Are you able to pick up all of the pods we are in?" Said Volt on the Comms. "I will try, operator!" The liset flew down near the pods, which were hurtling threw space. It reached out tentacles which grabbed all of the pods, pulling them in.

Nova was the first to board the Liset, the tentacles bringing the metal pods to it's entrance similar to an octopus with clams. She helped Ash drag Mag onto the ship. Loki and Volt boarded, the Liset casting away the remnants of the metal pods into the depths of space. "Ordis," Nova said, "Take us to the half-way house in our dojo's sector." "Yes, operator." replied the Cephalon. Nova sat on the ground in the corner of the ship next to Mag's unconscious body. She let her helmet evaporate in a cloud of pale blue mist. Please be okay. She thought as she brushed away a stray hair from Mag's face. She brought her knees to her chest and rocked herself slowly.

Volt went down to the armory to repair his warframe, after being held down by the Jackal's foot. "Agh....and i have no other normal Volt warframe." He said. "These repairs will take longer than i have." He locked the doors. "I will have to use that warframe." He said, showing concern. His Volt warframe evaporated off of his body, revealing a black suit. The warframe reappeared in the repair zone. He opened the helmet, only to show a voice box, revealing he is mute. He walked off and headed to the warframe chamber. Pressing a button, it opened, only to reveal a warframe which looked like no other. With the body of a Volt, a helmet of a Trinity and a space on the front which houses a sentinel, Volt grabbed the suit and slowly put it on. When he put it on, it locked into place on his skin, with spikes protruding from the head, legs, back, arms and shoulders. "I'm surprised that they trust me, even though they don't even know my name." He said, with another voice box. "My name, however, is Sonus." "This isn't even my real voice." He said. He was aware that his new warframe looked nothing like his previous one, and Mag, Ash, Nova and Loki would not recognize him. He unlocked the doors and walked out. "Stupid Jackal." He said, as he walked up to the main hanger of the Liset. 

Edited by Agent_Maine

*meanwhile, in a somewhat close proximity of their liset*

A liset with an Excalibur and a Nekros was flying around the sector, searching for tennos that are/were injured during the operation. Inside of the liset, there was some crates. Filled with medical supplies and equipment, ready to be used. While Excalibur was the one looking for other lisets, Nekros prepared the medical supplies, since he was the doctor on board the liset. Even though Nekros is known for being the one who can manipulate the dead, he had also being training for tending other tennos, in his own "special" way.

Suddenly, their ship cephalon detected the other liset and Oridis said: "Operator, I have detected an other liset. Should I open communication line with the other liset so you can *bzt* scare awa--*bzt* help them?". The Excalibur open up the communication with the other liset and said: "This is Excalibur and Nekros, we are willing to tend any tennos that are injured, both minor and severely. Respond as soon as you can and give your coordination if you need our help". Excalibur was now waiting for a respond from the cloaked liset

Walking to the main hanger of their liset, Sonus stopped dead in his tracks. "This is Excalibur and Nekros, we are willing to tend any tennos that are injured, both minor and severely. Respond as soon as you can and give your coordination if you need our help." Sonus put up his comm link, responding with "This is Volt of the 6th Liset team; we require assistance. One of us is in a coma of some sorts, another is damaged badly after being knocked out in battle." "We would appreciate your help." Sonus relayed the message to Excalibur and Nekros, then continued to the main hanger of the ship. Sonus walked through the door into the main hanger, with Ash turning his head, not recognizing his ally.

Edited by Agent_Maine

As Excalibur heard the response, he said to ordis: "Ordis, Find the liset and connect with our liset, but be careful". Ordis replied: "Don't worry operator; I will *bzt* ram the---*bzt* be careful" and after a short while, ordis find the other liset and headed towards it. "You should really fix that cephalon, it is getting on my nerves" said Nekros with an irritated voice. "I will try to remember to tell Vauban, to fix Ordis. So he won't glitch out on us"

The liset slowed down and with precision, connected with the liset with their own and they boarded the ship. ((Now to keep it simple, I will mark my character with colors, Red is Nekros and Aqua blue is Excalibur)) As both where heading to the room with all the tennos, Excalibur entered the room first and said "Grettings, we have come here with medical supplies and equipment, to tend the injured. however, I'm not the one who will tend the injured, Nekros will and don't worry; he is not that scary. But he is not always nice, just to give you a heads-up". Excalibur was holding two crates, one with medical supplies and one with the required equipment. He put both of the crates beside each other and started to pack up some of the content of the crates. As Excalibur was doing that, Nekros entered the room and said "The doctor is in. Now, who needs to be tended?". Nekros didn't have any glove on his hands, even though doctors always wear gloves to not get bloody or dirty. He however didn't need any for his "tending"

Ash, Nova and Loki were all staring at Sonus, intimidated by the "new arrival". Excalibur and Nekros stopped too, noticing the behaviour of the group.

Loki then said to Ash: "Who is that....?" Loki reached for his Lex.

I now refer to Volt as Sonus

Edited by Agent_Maine

Oh I'm sorry for our rude "introduction", I'm Excalibur, known as Arthas and this is Nekros, known as Fang. We are here to help you with the injured ones. So calm down and don't shoot us

I'm sorry too. We aren't that used to do "out in the field" treating. But I assure you, I will do my best to treat all kind of wounds