Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Clan Research Weapons Be Obtainable As Well From Drops Like Oberon Bp To Entice Exploring?

Niryco

LET ME CLARIFY :What I am discussing is obtaining clan weapons through a secondary method which is through exploring, however clan research would be a convience layer compared to RNG drops.

This is something that is a wondering though that is relatively new but i was wondering should clans weapons such as the dera blueprints be obtainable through drops to entice exploring?

The drop would be like a purple orb of one weapon part followed by another and so on till all weapon parts are found and maybe an additional forma or some other component is needed to craft the weapon. For weapons like the Dera, it can be obtained from mob drops of the common crew man, for weapons like the serro it can be obtained through breaking of containers.

So the difference between the clan weapons research and this is that it is more convienent to obtain this through clans, but for players who wish to be rewarded exploring they can gain these blueprints and make the weapons as such.

Though this would reduce the incentive to join clans, would the overall benefit gained by rewarding exploration in your opinion outweights the lose of clan membership perks?

This question can also be applied to vault weapons like the gorgon, but lets say for now we focus on clan weapons because unlike vault weapons which people will regard as a yes, this one can potentially lead to a totally different gameplay experience and do you guys feel it is fair?

PS: Also see you all soon, would be nekrosing this thread maybe during December since well examinations calls, so please do leave your opinions and views below!!

Edited by Jacate

you can still research for weapons, it is just allowing them to be obtainable through a secondary method of drops as well.

Then it sounds alright, except it might reduce incentive to join clans. Other than research, unless you are one of the biggest clans, there aren't that many specific clan benefits or anything.

Then that would kind of make Clan research redundant. 

please discuss, the method at which the drops are done can still warrant research by convience compared to RNG drops, furthermore future specializations promised by DE can also solve this issue since all clan weapons are already universally obtainable as of now.

Edited by Jacate

Good god no, The marketplace and clan research is fine imo. You like to play solo, fine hit recruiting and say you need a clan for the research, most don't care and will let you right in and you're free to leave once you have what you want.

so then right now researching weapons is purely a convience sake, why not make it a reward for exploring too?  You can obtain weapons through both methods still if this is up, but one is simply more convinent.

I like the idea of making the weapons obtainable outside of dojos/clans, but dislike the idea of making it a bit...random. 

My suggestion: Make them obtainable through quests (in three or less pieces) that encourage the exploration. Have the quest make them go through a mission, but with one of the "hidden" paths leading to a Locker or Chest containing the part. 

This would still encourage exploration like you want, and it shows players other alternative paths in a map that they could then take in other missions, This also has the effect of making the drops/task less random, and therefore less frustrating.

so then right now researching weapons is purely a convience sake, why not make it a reward for exploring too?  You can obtain weapons through both methods still if this is up, but one is simply more convinent.

What if it isn't the clantech weapons, but something like the Gorgon and Machete? Since most folks are content with the clantech being in the Dojo.

IMHO the method is sound, but I don't think clantech fits with being collected/assembled piecemeal, since they all suggest that they were reverse-engineered and improved with the tech that the Tenno have. Clantech Dera isn't the exact same as a Crewman Dera. Like you'd still need to refit it with the improved Fieldron manufactured via clantech.

Meanwhile, the Gorgon being a sucky weapon would be a perfect match if I were to have made it with scavenged parts.