Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus 3.0- Making Her Character "evolve" Over Time

InvaderMEEN

The Lotus is character we have to hear all the time. While the Lotus 2.0 improvements were very good, I think that we can do more to make her more that just "That lady who says 'It's the Grineer!' every now and then".

For starters, add more lines to the Lotus. 'Nuff said.

Second, it would be awesome if her character "evolved" over time. For example, at first (Mastery Rank 0/first time through this game-mode), she is the "doting mother" that we're familiar with now. But as time goes on, she knows she can trust you to complete the mission, so she knows she doesn't have to tell you what Oxygen canisters do.

What do you guys think?

Agreed.

I understand that she's programmed to tell us certain lines, but a staff so focus on immersion, it'd be good for her to be more confident in our abilites the higher our mastery is.

"Tenno I detect a Heavy Grineer in the area, you know what to do"

So over time she gets less talkative? Maybe, but I kinda like repeating what she says mockingly. :3

Not exactly. Perhaps she starts to talk about how she's actually delivering the oxygen capsules instead of just "Use these when your supply is low". This would be a perfect opportunity to add in lore.

Basically, she's as talkative as before, but she begins to talk about different things because she knows you don't need to know how to complete a Deception mission for the 100th time.

Agreed.

I understand that she's programmed to tell us certain lines, but a staff so focus on immersion, it'd be good for her to be more confident in our abilites the higher our mastery is.

"Tenno I detect a Heavy Grineer in the area, you know what to do"

For lower mastery ranks she could even give the players hints on fighting specific enemies.

"Tenno, magnetism disrupt the corpus shilds and damages robotic equipment"

"Radiation, destabilize the dna of the clones of the Grineer"

"That fleash will catch fire easily, tenno"

Lower ranks and battles with bosses she should give hints and guide the tenno on how to kill bosses.

Sargus ruk "the suit and weapon need quite a cooling system look for cooling vents.

Lt kril "that system on his back looks to be how he make that ice wave."

Hyena pack "many tenno have failed taking them all on at once foucus, tenno"

Edited by (PS4)ZMPr0wLer

Not exactly. Perhaps she starts to talk about how she's actually delivering the oxygen capsules instead of just "Use these when your supply is low". This would be a perfect opportunity to add in lore.

Basically, she's as talkative as before, but she begins to talk about different things because she knows you don't need to know how to complete a Deception mission for the 100th time.

Or a heavy is around the corner or to do this or that over and over again.