Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Balance Idea

Jinkaza

I am not sure if this should go here or if this has been raised, but here is my take on Dark Sectors. I would suggest a tie in with the items you have in the PVE side of the game. If you have the weapons/frames from the PVE world you can use them in DS. If you have the mods you can use them, but the mods will be capped at a pvp percentage to make everyone on equal footing, and allow the skill with said items shine. Once you find a mod out in the PVE world you will recieve in its PvP version.

As for Conclave, the mods could be used to make the ranking system. In their PvP form, the mods could rank up with use. One point per rank with the total rank making up your Conclave score. Point values for Frames and weapons would need to be tiered, but have the same conclave value for a flat score as a base. Each Frame and weapon will carry over their respective taters and forma from PvE.

Ex.1

Rank 0 Vigor- 1

Rank 1 Vigor- 1

Max Rank- 11pts

Ex. 2

Frames- 20pts

Primaries- 20

Seconds- 20

Melee-20

Mods don't need nerfs or buffs (unless you are talking about Reflex Guard, that needs a nerf) for PvP. You also already have all of your mods/equipement for PvP when you find them in PvE. It would not work right due to how conclave rounds, and if DE did figure out someway to make it work it would still piss me and probably a lot of other conclave regulars off a lot. Use conclave regulars have already taken a huge hit from the damage nerf to PvP, we don't need to go through more bad changes. ;_;

Thank you for moving this to the proper place. I could not find it in my searching. Good to know that all the equipment is there, but I was referring more to how you gate it and clarify how people are placed.

By giving everyone a PvP version of the mods they have collected I do not see how this would affect those of you who are long time PvPers. Your match history would be grandfathered in with the new system giving you the proper rankings, and give those just starting to PvP an internal goal to work for. Balancing would be easier from a flat plain than the hilly mess I have read about and watched.

I also reread my post and saw a contradiction. Frame and weapon points would be static. Only when you opted not to take a weapon would things change. There could even be league play of some sort. Maybe a Prim/melee only, only secondary, or melee only with chances to win player created tourney badges. It could add a dimension to the pvp game with tourneys and the alike.