Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Mastery Rank Test Bug [Megathread]

I have advised others in the region chat to restart just prior to testing and have always been told that it worked but I would like some more to try it to see if it works for them as well.

This!!!

Also, another thing that will greatly help, please don't do both.  

If you are trying to reproduce the bug, or avoid it, whatever the case may be, please try one thing at a time!  

(Example:  Either relog and then kneel at navigation, start the test OR Run a mission, do not Relog, and Do not kneel at navigation, start the test from the options button menu while standing)  

This will help narrow it down a bit!

Thanks all!!!  and TY Jwernecke!

Awesome- I am hearing from ALOT of people that doing the rank up

either as you first log on or after re-logging (assuming you have run a mission) that it is pretty much a guarantee fix/workaround for this issue. More feedback plz!

If anyone else has a mastery rank test and has been having problems plz try it as soon as you log in or restart the game and then try and report back!! Thanks so much everyone!

This is most likely not new for the PS4 Glitches. But I, and fellow friends, cannot rank up. Gives us a loading screen, then goes black, then another loading screen. When I tried to go in again says I need to wait 24 hours before my retry. Just another glitch that i have experience.  Don't know if this has something to do with it but I'm going from Mastery rank 10 to 11. So is my friend.

Thanks.

I think an easy fix for this would be adding like a "Do you accept this challenge" from the lotus once you are loaded into the game. Yes you run the course, no you go back to your ship no harm done. I see this as a plus for 2 reasons. One it adds a simple fix for this bug and two without outside sources you never know what you are going to be facing so a quick rundown from the lotus about your test then yes or no.

So I played all day to day so I can try to rank up so I got the blue bar all the way up and it was flashing so I chose to level up after pressing ok to the qualifications menu thingy it went to a black screen then showed the space ship flying then I spawned in my ship then I go to try to rank up because the bar didn't reset then I have to wait 24 hours please help this is Annoying the first time it happened to me too I didn't lose connection to the game either.

So I played all day to day so I can try to rank up so I got the blue bar all the way up and it was flashing so I chose to level up after pressing ok to the qualifications menu thingy it went to a black screen then showed the space ship flying then I spawned in my ship then I go to try to rank up because the bar didn't reset then I have to wait 24 hours please help this is Annoying the first time it happened to me too I didn't lose connection to the game either.

sorry if it sounds like I'm learning English I'm just really mad..

same here. and as far as I know everybody knows about that, it only affects certain players and other ones are free to level up without problems. no solution yet. is that only me or it seems a MAJOR bug no one is looking to fix? is it so compicated? how am I supposed to grow in the game?

This happened to me today, trying to do 12 to 13.

I honestly don't remember for sure, but I think I had either the mod station open or the navigation station open, before selecting "rank up test" from the quickmenu.

I did have a sentential equipped.

Pretty positive solo was selected.

And I know my mod loadout was from loadout "B."

I'll try the restart idea in about 24 hours. :P

As a side note, does anyone know if leveling up weapons/companions/frames during this point will count towards mastery still (for when I do get to pass the test), or does it no go towards it? I have an affinity booster active, and it seems like it would be a shame if I can't get around this bug to take advantage of it.

This has happened to me about 5 times now (not in a row). Last time it happened was during my rank 11 test  I learned something then. If you have just restarted the game it is less likely to happen. If you have been playing for a while, it is more likely to happen. I just restarted, failed a mission with my rank up loadout, and then tried to do my rank up test. I should have restarted again.

It did just as described above, all I saw was a flying spaceship load screen and then, back in the ship and I can't test for 24 hours. frustrating .