The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Tweaking

LeyyLoo

Hey !

So I just jumped into the game a few days ago, and I really enjoy it.

I can run the game just fine with 60 + framerates at low settings, but once it starts getting messy with a full group of friends, the framerate goes down, it's not unplayable for sure, but it just bothers me.

I have a laptop that can run most games just fine, and if sometimes I have lower framerate ( 30 / 40 ) it doesn't really affect the gameplay so I don't mind.

Thing is, in warframe I feel like going around doing jumps and slicing through swarms of infected requires some smoothness to the game, and as I said earlier, if there's too much S#&$ on the screen, i'll start getting around 30 frames per second with is just annoying.

Now usually what I do is I tweak the game in the .ini files to look really S#&$ty ( Because I don't really mind the looks ) so I can get smooth framerate ( That's what I did with Blacklight if anyone is familiar with the game, lowering the graphics to S#&$ level was also good because it made it easier to spot ennemies, had almost no textures, no particle effects, no shadows, but I still very much enjoyed the game, that's just so you know how little I care about graphics. )

Thing is, I looked around the internet and I couldn't find any tweak guide or something that would look like it for warframe.

So my question is : has anyone tried to tweak the game's graphics ? how so ? was it effective ?

Thanks in advance !

Hey !

So I just jumped into the game a few days ago, and I really enjoy it.

I can run the game just fine with 60 + framerates at low settings, but once it starts getting messy with a full group of friends, the framerate goes down, it's not unplayable for sure, but it just bothers me.

I have a laptop that can run most games just fine, and if sometimes I have lower framerate ( 30 / 40 ) it doesn't really affect the gameplay so I don't mind.

Thing is, in warframe I feel like going around doing jumps and slicing through swarms of infected requires some smoothness to the game, and as I said earlier, if there's too much S#&$ on the screen, i'll start getting around 30 frames per second with is just annoying.

Now usually what I do is I tweak the game in the .ini files to look really S#&$ty ( Because I don't really mind the looks ) so I can get smooth framerate ( That's what I did with Blacklight if anyone is familiar with the game, lowering the graphics to S#&$ level was also good because it made it easier to spot ennemies, had almost no textures, no particle effects, no shadows, but I still very much enjoyed the game, that's just so you know how little I care about graphics. )

Thing is, I looked around the internet and I couldn't find any tweak guide or something that would look like it for warframe.

So my question is : has anyone tried to tweak the game's graphics ? how so ? was it effective ?

Thanks in advance !

Many people seem to have issues with framerate. including me. the devs are looking into this problem.

For me changing any graphic settings to low or max didn't make any difference. 

Many people seem to have issues with framerate. including me. the devs are looking into this problem.

For me changing any graphic settings to low or max didn't make any difference. 

Well for me it kinda does, I don't have a powerful computer and i'm not argueing that. I'm just asking if there's a way to tweak more options via .ini file. I think the game runs on UE3 and it can be tweaked extensively

Well for me it kinda does, I don't have a powerful computer and i'm not argueing that. I'm just asking if there's a way to tweak more options via .ini file. I think the game runs on UE3 and it can be tweaked extensively

We are aware of the issues that people are having with performance and we're actively working to remedy them in a timely manner. 

Edited by DE_Dmitri

• 2 weeks later...

i found the settings but unfortunately they look to be encrypted, so no tweaking your settings :3 

PS not UE3 :P

Edited by Ecotox